[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to mill out an 80% lower receiver (genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14

I'm looking to mill out an 80% lower receiver (genuinely 100% not related to the election), Where could I find a workshop with a drill press that would permit me to make this?
>>
>>1082561
>(genuinely 100% not related to the election)

Obviously
Why would retards be panic buying when the NRA endorsed candidate got elected?
>>
>>1082564
Because people want to shoot the president or rioters. America's in a social tailspin rn.

I just want a rifle for fun.
>>
Buy a drill press on Craigslist. Old ones are cheap and are built to last.
>>
>>1082573
I live in a dorm room, unfortunately.

My college has a machine shop that I would use, but we have a no-weapons on campus policy, meaning that as soon as I finished the receiver I could be arrested on the spot.
>>
>>1082573
Most old ones for sale are china shit from the particularly nasty 80s era of china shit.
>>
>>1082571
If the rioters are to be believed, assassinating Trump is the last thing they want to do, since Pence is objectively worse for their cause.
>>
>>1082586
It's safe to say that anyone being violent right now isn't the smartest.
>>
Are those faggy HackerSpaces still around?
Maybe there is one near you

Also I hope you dont plan on doing any lateral milling with the machine.
>>
>>1082605
>Also I hope you dont plan on doing any lateral milling with the machine.
why not, it's fun and surprising when the end mill catches the work and does any of the following things

1) jerks the work table around the main column
2) jerks the drill press head around the main column
3) goes where you don't want it
4) knocks the drill chuck off the taper
5) breaks
>>
>>1082564
>Why would retards be panic buying when the NRA endorsed candidate got elected?
Because he's more likely to bring about the apocalypse?
By contrast, buying ammo when Obama won seems foolish.
Nobody's really going to take your guns, it's all just rhetoric and sophistry on both sides of the aisle.

>>1082578
>I live in a dorm room, unfortunately.
Self-storage unit maybe?
>>
>>1082608
Normally I would never mill on a drill press, but the way that this thing is designed, it's only shaving off ~0.05mm of material at a time, most of the material removal is done on the area absolutely peppered with drill holes, and the endmill I have is solid carbide with extremely small flutes.

Furthermore, the press can't really go anywhere outside of the jig.

I'd also assume that I could find a proper milling machine at the same place I'd find a drill press.
>>
>>1082612
I'm also concerned about the real possibility that enough electors will flip, absentee ballots will be counted, and Hillary will suddenly win.

While trump might have the possibility of bringing the apocalypse, that would be the apocalypse^2. True civil war.
>>
>>1082608
Or even simply deflects so badly that you ruin the part.
>>
File: 1359101051949.jpg (144KB, 720x672px) Image search: [Google]
1359101051949.jpg
144KB, 720x672px
>>1082615
>Hillary will suddenly win.
That's not going to happen.
But even if it did, NOBODY is taking your guns away.
Don't buy the hype.
Even if they wanted to (and they don't), the government just can't take all our guns.
Oh sure, a tiny minority of people would like to see all civilian guns just vanish, and which party do you think they'll join?
But most liberals just don't care how many guns you own.
>>
>>1082624
I don't think Hillary will take away guns I think people will lose their fucking minds.

Trump's been pushing that the election has been rigged for a while, an upset that huge would absolutely make an enormous number of people violent.
>>
>>1082629
>make an enormous number of people violent.
Mostly because they're on the DNC payroll
>>
>>1082634
More like people like you who think voters against you are part of some boogeyman.

Some Hillary supporters are already becoming violent because they're fucking idiots, and the belief that (in the event of) a sudden Hillary win, it would be 100% a cheated victory, some Trump supporters will feel vindicated in pretty much KILLING whomever they want to.
>>
>>1082612
>Because he's more likely to bring about the apocalypse?

Now that is hyperbole if I have ever seen it
>>
>>1082561
>Where could I find a workshop with a drill press that would permit me to make this?

Nowhere sane because that could be construed by ATF as manufacturing. DIY in your shop with your tools is different.

Just buy the damn complete rifle. You won't save enough to matter. Buy private party if no want paper.

A milled lower isn't a coated lower and some sloppy homebrew POS isn't worth saving the trivial amount of monetary difference. If really like gunsmithing, wait until you have an actual home and get mill, lathe and other proper machine tools.
>>
>>1082659
>Nowhere sane because that could be construed by ATF as manufacturing

It IS manufacturing
Its 100% legal to manufacture by anyone.

The legalities come in when you try to sell or trade it. It will need to be taxed and serial numbered and all other sorts of legal tape.
>>
>>1082624
Yea, ok. Problem is, I want to buy more guns, and ammo, and suppressors. You Democrats want to limit, restrict and fine what I buy.

Your girl Hillary lost a lot of gun owner support because she is in the top ten of notorious gun grabbers.
>>
>>1082639
Why do Democrats say 'boogeyman' so much? Would you kindly fuck off with this shit?

Your representatives are writing bills daily that directly go against what we other parties want, there is no 'boogeyman' issue here. All you Democrats ever do is lie, deny and flip.
>>
>>1082672
He thinks OP means having someone else finish it for him. He's retarded. Ignore him.
>>
File: 1462130157517.jpg (72KB, 560x461px) Image search: [Google]
1462130157517.jpg
72KB, 560x461px
>>1082673
>Your girl Hillary lost a lot of gun owner support because she is in the top ten of notorious gun grabbers.
>implying an NRA-friendly Hillary would get any votes from the right side of the aisle.

>notorious gun grabbers.
>gun grabbers.
lol, tinfoilhat.jpg
Gun control is a feel-good issue the dems will never actually push.
They know they would fail.
Even if the states ALL ratified a constitutional amendment to ban guns, they know they couldn't actually enforce it.
Think prohibition, except with GUNS.

Nobody's "grabbing" your guns, Cletus.
>>
>>1082685
Gun companies sure do like to "grab" his money with artificial shortages.
Prices of ammo has doubled, they pumped out AR-15 and WASrs like fucking crazy when the obama scare happened.

It was such a fucking shitshow and its ruined the market.

I havent shot my guns in like 3 years because of ammo prices. I feel like a fucking rube when I look at how much shit has went up and stayed up. I would rather not shoot than feel raped on prices.
>>
There is a jig made just for use with a router. I would go that route given your living situation.
>>
>>1082685
>Gun grabbing
Re-read my post and try again, faggot.
Typical of an angry, defeated Democrat. Rush to a conclusion. I can't wait for the:
>Denial
>Heat reversal
>>
File: Clint-Eastwood.jpg (293KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Clint-Eastwood.jpg
293KB, 2560x1920px
>>1082704
I'm not the one who called anybody a "gun grabber", Clint.
>>
>>1082578
Can't you just go when nobody is around? And although it is a legal weapon, just a lower hardly qualifies as an actual weapon.
>>
File: 1457003260258.jpg (41KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457003260258.jpg
41KB, 422x600px
>>1082704
>Typical of an angry, defeated Democrat.
Your party hasn't had a non-incumbent win the popular vote since 1980.
You're only relevant because of a technicality.
>>
>>1082561
Drill press, milling....
Go back to pol you goober
>>
Can we stop with the pol threads please?
>>
>>1082706
I didn't say anyone was going to take my guns. Only that Clinton was a gun grabber, until this epic loss ruined her career.

Point being, I don't give a fuck about that. What I care about is the continuous stream of bills put forth limiting gun rights, such as the bill that made it near impossible to own a suppressor, the bill that limited gun transfers, and the proposed bill to end private gun sales.

It's all horseshit, and all led by Democrats who know jack shit about guns. 'gun grabbing' went from a tinfoil conspiracy to a veil for you faggots to justify unnecessary gun restrictions.
>>
>>1082708
>A technicality
The entire working class, including minorities, is not a technicality. You're blind to the hardships of the working class, probably because you're a jobless scumbag receiving handouts.
>>
>>1082746
>probably because you're a jobless scumbag receiving handouts.

Funny how all of the red states use more federal social program money than blue states.
But thats a pretty moot point anyways, because the vast majority of "handout" money is used on the disabled and for old people on medicaid. Not just dem lazy niggers who wont get no job.
>>
File: welfare usage.jpg (181KB, 1240x1142px) Image search: [Google]
welfare usage.jpg
181KB, 1240x1142px
>>1082748
really makes you think.
>>
>>1082578
Arrested, probably not. Detained, possibly. Asked to vacate the university's premises, probably. Expelled, possibly. All this is if they catch you. Just use the jig with the router at mom and dad's OP. Better yet, make friends with the farmhouse fraternity (if they have a chapter on your campus), I'd almost guarantee they'll be able to hook you up with a mill for like, a six pack. If no FF on your campus, you aren't going to UK, IU, or OSU, and in that case kindly fuck off, because you aren't cool enough for advice from us.
>>
>>1082578
Never understand this....

I want to see someone fire a bullet with just the receiver...

/point exactly.
>>
>>1082754
>"working class" manual labor grunts are mexican immigrants who have no education to do anything better
>implied that the working class wouldnt take handouts like a liberal "jobless scumbag"
>posting a picture that says those immigrants receive large majority of welfare

Im not sure where exactly you are going with this.
>>
>>1082765
Probably because it wasn't me that posted it. I don't get it either. At least immigrants work, unlike liberals. Why Obama never made them all legal citizens, I don't know.
>>
>>1082894
>at least the immigrants that do work, they undercut american workers and dont pay taxes while still bringing in welfare
Bravo

We wont even get into how many of those whites on welfare are white trash trailer scum from red states.
>>
>>1082708
>muh popular vote
As long as you turds block voter IDs and don't enforce measures against voter fraud you won't get rid of the electoral college any time soon.
>>
>>1082944
>we wont get rid of the electoral college until you allow the republicans to make it difficult for minorities to vote
>>
>>1082948
I'm not from America. I don't know anything about America. I wouldn't ever visit America.
But I do know these things. 1) a few months ago I saw a video where Hilary team was organising busses and shit to move people around to different states to vote twice. 2) I have read several news articles where Hilary supporters crying about how they lost say they opted to vote in a different state because theirs was safe.
So it seems that the Hilary people being the college educated types were fine with taking advantage of the system before the election.

Was there such outrage and protests when a black man was elected president? I thought it was all Obama people partying but I can't remember if that was real life or just south park. But it seems like Hilary people are throwing their toys out of the pram a little bit. Get over it guys you lost have some fucking dignity.
>>
>>1082561
>Where could I find a workshop with a drill press that would permit me to make this?
In your own home be because you must use your own tooling to make it legally
>>
>>1082586
They don't actually know anything about the backgrounds of the people they despise so much.
>>
>>1082965
>Was there such outrage and protests when a black man was elected president?
Obama didn't lose the popular vote.
>>
>>1082980
Holy shit, since almost the beginning of our country, we have had the electoral college. One fucking Democrat loses, and now we revise the entire system our founding fathers built? Fuck off and quit whining.
>>
>>1082985

This

/Thread
>>
>>1082561
Go to harbor freight and buy yourself a drill press for $70. Then you don't have to worry about finding a machine shop. And really you don't need a drill press. The critical holes are the ones for the trigger pins and your selector switch. You could hog the rest of the lower out with a dremel and it would be fine, its all just about clearance Clarence.
>>
>>1082985
There have been calls to get rid of it for decades. The Bayh - Celler Amendment was proposed and passed the House in 1971 and that would have gotten rid of it 45 years ago.

Since 2007 ten states and the DC have signed a compact to do it also. They are close to 2/3rds of the way there already (61% of the votes needed). It basically states that anyone that passes the compact will, once enough states have signed on, assign all of its electoral college votes to whoever wins the popular vote. If they can get 51% of the total votes in the college to sign the agreement it will effectively kill the college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
>>
>>1082672
>It IS manufacturing
>Its 100% legal to manufacture by anyone.

However if you are assisted by a commercial shop ATF can construe it as manufacturing. My machinist and gunsmithbros and I checked with our friendly ATF agentbro while setting up to mill some for ourselves from billet. (ATF can be quite helpful clarifying how enforcement works. I don't see them as adversaries.)

You can't legallyy give them away either.

If you want to manufacture legally that's not terribly difficult. You have some simple facility security and documentation requirements but it's not rocket surgery. Everybody and his brother make lowers so there's no more room in the market or we would be doing it too.
>>
>>1082561
You can literally do all of this with a cordless drill and a router, you don't need a drill press.

And why the fuck are you not buying the modulus arms jig for 80%'s?
>>
>>1082985
>One fucking Democrat loses,
It's actually 5 or six now, I forget.
Republicans haven't had a non-incumbent win the popular vote since 1980.
Before that, Nixon won in 68 with 43% of the popular vote in 1968, and while Ike Eisenhower did well in 1952, the last one before that was Hoover in 1928.
Without the EC disenfranchising the majority of American voters, republicans would be a historic footnote, and nothing more.
>>
>>1082948
>difficult for minorities to vote
Kill yourself, seriously.
>>
>>1083568
Half of the measures pushed arent to stop fraud, but explicitly to make it harder for the poor to vote
>>
>>1082965
>Was there such outrage and protests when a black man was elected president?

sane black guy with some political experience vs. insane white guy who embodies every negative american stereotype there is, and who's only qualification is that he's rich

two completely different scenarios....I'm generally conservative and would have voted R if had been literally anyone else

but that's pretty much why people are so angry
>>
>>1082948
How hard is it to get an ID, really? You prove your citizenship, pose for a picture, and shell out twenty bucks. If you can't afford $20 bucks, then you've probably already starved to death. And if you can't prove your citizenship, then you have no say in how this country works, anyways.
>>
>>1083558
>Republicans haven't had a non-incumbent win the popular vote since 1980.
Since 2016 you mean. (^;
>>
>>1083558
It's ironic, because the electoral college means that all states receive the attention and pandering during the election season. If only the most populated states matter, the rest of the country is essentially abandoned.

Good luck convincing almost every state in the US that they don't matter. EC stays.
>>
>>1083596
Regular IDs are free. You can't do basic things like get a job, a bank account, or rent/buy a home without one. You can't buy cigarettes or alcohol without it, and poor people love cigarettes and alcohol. There is no excuse to not have an ID. IDs get checked for so much dumb shit, but when we want to make sure our voting system is secure, Democrats fight it tooth and nail.

What the fuck, Dems?
>>
>>1083587
Democrats.
>Republicans are tinfoilers.
>GUYS THEYRE REQUIRING IDS TO SECRETLY MAKE IT HARDER TO VOTE
Who the fuck doesn't have an ID? Is there a mass of Democrats sitting at mommy's house who have never lived on there own, bought medication, drank alcohol, driven, bought a gun, went to Disney world, et cetera?
Fuck off with your conspiracy shit.
>>
>>1083649
I just really want to know how requiring ID's is such a barrier for American citizens to vote. I really don't see how it is. I don't understand the argument at all. Can someone fill me in? I like to understand both sides of an arguement, but this one seems like nonsense. Outside of Minnesota are non-drivers-license ID's restricted to people who have $80000/yr incomes or higher or something? What gives?
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 193x261px
>>1083642
>Since 2016 you mean. (^;
https://www.google.com/search?q=election+results
>>
>>1083650
The democrat argument against voter id's is that "the man" can set up voter registration in such a way that low-income neighborhoods (aka black) are super inconvenienced to get voter id's.
But at the same time it's kind of stupid because it's something you only have to get once.
>>
>>1083645
>Democrats fight it tooth and nail.
>What the fuck, Dems?
And republicans push for it "tooth and nail".
Clearly, each side believes stricter voter id laws would disenfranchise more democrats than republicans.
So why are republicans trying to disenfranchise voters?
And it's not just this. The last two elections the news was full of early poll closings in "certain" neighborhoods, all in republican controlled states (Florida in particular).
>>
>>1083644
>the electoral college means that all states receive the attention and pandering during the election season
Nope. Before Virginia went blue, NOBODY advertised or campaigned here.
The EC means only swing states get attention and/or pandering.
Thanks for playing though!
>>
>>1083644
>If only the most populated states matter,
Even if EVERY voter in the 8 biggest states voted for one candidate, it's still not a majority.
And that's never going to happen.
By contrast the EC ensures voters in the smallest states just DON'T matter,despite the per-capita advantage they have over most people.

What if I said "you don't want every election to be decided by white people, let's give them less voting power per capita"?
>>
>>1083002
Honestly I think the issue is a problem because congress capped the number of congressmen instead of letting them increase with population. so states like montana have twice as much representation as the national average because there's less people per congressman, and electoral votes are apportioned the same way.
>>1083644
false actually, the way the electoral college is a winner take all system means that swing states get all the attention. almost none for california or texas, even though those are the biggest chunks of electoral votes, there's no doubt on how they'll go, so they get a visit several months before, but florida and ohio and pennsylvania get weekly visits going into the election.
>>1083645
they're not free if you are living hand to mouth. it costs a day out of work and $20 even for the states that have state id's, and driver's licenses are much more expensive because you generally have to take classes etc. there's a reason that like 25% of under 25's don't have one.
And for some reason all of the state id laws say that (generally liberal) college students can't use a student id.
oh, and it's not an issue, there have been literally like 15 cases of in person voter fraud in the last 20 years.
>>1083596
yes, there are people who work for walmart that skip meals in order to pay water bill. $20 can be a month or two to catch up on the budget.
>>1083649
Since in most states you can literally just mail in an absentee ballot with no issue, and no one checks your id, all the dems are saying is it's not a problem, and it seem like a way to intimidate voters who didn't get their driver's license renewed because they don't drink and have been taking the bus to the same job for the last 5 years and haven't needed one. it's a small number of people, but it's there, and there is literally no reason for the law.
Like requiring an id to enter a store, to cut down on the number of robberies, except that that is actually a problem that happens.
>>
>>1083656
You would have 4 years to work out how to get across town and back ONCE to get an ID. If you can't figure that out, then you'd be too dumb or lazy to vote anyways. 4 YEARS for fuck sake!
>>
>>1083662
Walmart pays pretty good, bruh. $11/hr starting, day shift, no experience necessary. That makes it pretty easy to squirrel away $1 per pay check for up to 4 years to afford an ID. If your margin of living is so thin that $1 out of a $400 - $800 paycheck is killing you, it's time to reevaluate how you budget your money.
>>
>>1083650
Well it's not just ID's, it's photo government issued ID's. many states don't have a non-drivers-license ID.
It's really not a barrier for 99% of citizens. But it's disproportionately a barrier for old and minority people in urban areas (where driver's licenses are not a thing because cars and parking is expensive and buses are cheap).
But the point is that there are hundreds of people likely to be affected, and letting people vote with the way they have always done, will affect basically 0 votes, because no one does in person vote fraud.
all the vote fraud has been election officials stuffing ballots. I mean, any time someone says dead people are voting, no one is saying that people are coming in impersonating dead people, it's that someone in the back office is filling out ballots in the name of registered voters who didn't show up. which wouldn't be affected by id laws at all.
>>
>>1083667
true, sorry, it's been so long that walmart has been the go to for "shitty job that pays federal minimum wage". and yeah, there are a lot of people who are in shitty situations and terrible with money. but they are still allowed to vote.
>>1083663
dumb and lazy people deserve to vote too. that's why people that need food stamps to feed their kids vote republican to lower taxes.
>>
>>1083668
Which states don't have non-drivers-IDs? DMV.org says that they all do.
Keep making things up, pal.
>>
>>1083663
>If you can't figure that out, then you'd be too dumb or lazy to vote anyways. 4 YEARS for fuck sake!
You make it sound like every single person's sole goal in life is to vote.
About a third of those that register don't bother to vote.
Even a minor inconvenience can keep a significant number of voters from the polls.
And I'm not even sure the effect is real.
But the parties think it's real, and that tells you a lot about who's willing to do what to win the election.
>>
>>1083674
If a minor inconvenience makes you decide to not vote, then you don't deserve to vote. You're just taking it for granted at that point
>>
>>1083675
>If a minor inconvenience makes you decide to not vote, then you don't deserve to vote.
This particular inconvenience isn't really that minor, and it affects democrats far more than republicans.
It's just justification for more votes for the minority party, and that's just wrong.
>>
>>1083677
I suppose to a liberal, a task like this is not minor. But, the working class isn't a bunch of lazy fucking liberals, hence the reason we say it's minor.
>>
>>1083661
Yea, but if every voter I'm the most populated states votes for one candidate, the smaller states no longer get a choice. They must ALL vote for their preferred candidate, or they do not stand a chance. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
File: romney-smug-as-always.jpg (69KB, 260x320px) Image search: [Google]
romney-smug-as-always.jpg
69KB, 260x320px
>>1083683
>But, the working class isn't a bunch of lazy fucking liberals,
Democrats are in the majority, presumably in the working class as well as inner city immigrants and elderly, who are less likely to have ID.
Of course if your party didn't threaten to round up and deport legal immigrants, and/or dismantle social security, it wouldn't matter if old people and immigrants get to vote.
>>
>>1083685
>Yea, but if every voter I'm the most populated states votes for one candidate, the smaller states no longer get a choice.
That' just not true.
You would need EVERY VOTE in California, New York, Texas, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina to make a majority.
With popular vote, every single voter in every single state is just as important as every other voter in every other state.
The EC makes many states irrelevant, popular vote would not.
The EC also makes every Republican vote in Hawaii, Maryland, California, New York, etc irrelevant, and every Democrat vote in solid red states irrelevant.
Face it, while the EC is convenient for YOUR party, it's remarkably unfair in general.
>>
>>1083690
Sounds to me like you're upset that smaller states actually have the chance to make a difference. The issue stems from the fact that 3 EC votes is a minimum, which in turn gives small states a say, rather than a big F U when only percentage that votes Republican matters. The fact that almost all states went red during this election speaks to this fact. All of these states had a majority vote for trump, and Clinton STILL won popular. Popular vote gives big states too much power.
>>
File: ErnestBorgnine.jpg (485KB, 800x1007px) Image search: [Google]
ErnestBorgnine.jpg
485KB, 800x1007px
>>1083692
>Sounds to me like you're upset that smaller states actually have the chance to make a difference.
hen you're not very good at reading comprehension.
>>1083690
>With popular vote, every single voter in every single state is just as important as every other voter in every other state.

>Popular vote gives big states too much power.
And you're not very good at math either.

Are your scholastic shortcomings a convenient coincidence, or are you willing to believe whatever it takes to justify your political leanings?
>>
>>1083694
>Personal insults
Not very effective on an anonymous image board.

Why is it that, because California and new York have a combined population that exceeds at least 20 small states, counting only on a per head basis gives equal say to smaller states? How does that add up again? Winner takes all and minimum EC votes correct that, so that a smaller group of Americans have a more equal voice to combat the large number of EC votes that big states get.
>>
>>1083697
>>Personal insults
>Not very effective on an anonymous image board.
But it's not ad hominem, you do REALLY seem to be working hard at not letting my ideas sink in.
I'm not calling you stupid, I genuinely think you're ignoring the obvious because it interferes with what you WANT to believe.

The rest of your post makes it clear you aren't following some fairly simple math, so let's try this approach again:
>>1083661
>What if I said "you don't want every election to be decided by white people, let's give them less voting power per capita"?
Framed by your argument, it would be:
"Why is it that, because white people have a population that exceeds at least 20 other races, counting only on a per head basis gives equal say to smaller races?"

Wyoming has a population less than HALF that of the county I live in, but they get two senators, and my county has none.

I'm sure our system made more sense when every state was an independent nation that had to be convinced to join the union, and the federal government had no money and almost no power, but that's not how the world works anymore.
>>
>>1083699
The idea that population is somehow comparable to race is absurd, and does not warrant a response.
What I want to believe is that all Americans receive a worthy share of representation, and the fact that a city houses many people who require completely different laws than most other Americans in more rural areas shouldn't obtain a majority vote simply because they huddle together and spread liberalism.

With that said, your demeanor has gone from a legitimately concerned citizen to that of an angsty teenager. We're already so far off topic that the thread is ruined, you may as well argue politely.
>>
>>1083663
And the day before time to vote, boys days you have to work that day. No you don't get to take a lunch to go vote. Too bad, so sad, no voting rights for you
Befit your say bullshit, it happened to me, in 2004. Boss found out I was going to vote Republican. Accidentally overbooked me and i didn't get out until 9 that night. I told him he did that on purpose, he shrugged and said prove it
>>
File: Ed_Asner_-_1985.jpg (400KB, 761x943px) Image search: [Google]
Ed_Asner_-_1985.jpg
400KB, 761x943px
>>1083701
>The idea that population is somehow comparable to race is absurd, and does not warrant a response.
Wow, you really are trying hard not to understand.
I'm comparing race to states.
try reading it again.

>What I want to believe is that all Americans receive a worthy share of representation
Except that people in Wyoming get 3-4 times the representation as compared to people in California.

>your demeanor has gone from a legitimately concerned citizen to that of an angsty teenage
Nope, your perceptions are convenient to your emotional needs.

>you may as well argue politely.
We ARE arguing politely, unusually so.
I don't think there's EVER been an argument this polite in the history of 4chan.

I'm off to bed, pleas re-read my posts and address their content, rather than posting more sophistry like "huddle together and spread liberalism."
>>
>>1083667
11 an hour, good luck making full time. Usually I find part time at Wal-Mart to be the standard. Unless your buddy buddy with everyone there.
>>
>>1083673
Most people don't know about it.
>>
>>1083705
I'll pass. In fact, I'll make this my final post ITT, considering we won control of every government branch, and that the system we're discussing is and has been in effect for hundreds of years. I'm going.g to sit back for four years and enjoy America being great again. I'll start by building a SHIT ton of suppressors, now that it will be legal.
>>
>>1083708
>we won control of every government branch
Republicans won the presidency. That's the executive branch. The House and the Senate, the legislative branch, were already controlled by the Republicans... and they lost seats in both.* If you think a fucking thing is going to get through congress you are in for a rude awakening. The Democrats are going to filibuster and stonewall just as much shit as the Republicans did. This election decided nothing. It took a gridlocked house of shitlords and made it more so.

The supreme court didn't make it to the election this year. Or any year, as they are appointed. They are also non-political. So one party can't 'win' the judicial branch, as they can't be part of a party. It's also common for judges' 'leanings' to change over time. There have been several conservative judges appointed that switched to liberal, and vice versa, over the years.

*Which I find extremely strange. Donald Trump is not a Republican in the traditional sense and traditional Republicans didn't do that well this cycle. They didn't experience the down ticket bump you normally see when a candidate wins an election.
>>
>>1083736
Wow, you'll argue everything, won't you?
Yes, we won the presidency.
Yes, we retained control of the house and senate.
Yes, Trump will now appoint a conservative judge.
>Non-political
Then why did you want Garland in there so badly?
>>
>>1083816
>Trump will now appoint a conservative judge.
doubt.jpg
I think he's hoodwinked everyone into thinking he's a conservative rather than a moderate.
>>
>>1083692
>The fact that almost all states went red
Trump won 30 states (assuming Michigan goes red).
Hillary won 20 states (assuming New Hampshire goes blue), and Washington D.C..

>almost all states
By the way, we don't let the 4 million Americans living in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, etc have any voice, but if we did, it's likely Hillary would have won their share of the vote too.
>>
>>1083662
>it costs a day out of work
>15 cases of in person voter fraud in the last 20 years
kek, why the fuck are you on /diy/?
>>
>>1083837
You know most democracies require ids? The only reason the us doesn't is because Jim crow history. How could you possibly track voter fraud without ids?
>>
>>1082978
Don't know the background of pence? Wow... It's been everywhere lately. His own state hates him.
>>
>>1083910
trump gives zero fucks as long as he gets love from the masses, pence is running the show
>>
>>1083834
Ohh, you're THAT guy. The guy who, after months of Republican support, thinks that Trump will fuck us over.
What's more likely is that the rest of the Republican party, having more control, will go bananas with the core beliefs, like anti-abortion, mixing god and state, and all the other fuckery they try to pull that almost everyone in the US fucking hates.
Honestly, leave gun laws alone (or reduce restrictions), get rid of ACA, and lower my fucking taxes, and I'll be happy with either party. Unfortunately, Democrats are hell-bent on fucking me on all three of those, hence why I call myself a Republican, despite having all but 3 similar stances. In fact, I probably have more in common with the demotic party, as I want to get high as a kite legally, without losing my job.

8 years, and they couldn't do a single thing that benefited me personally, or anyone in my family.
>>
Op just so you know the legality of the 80% here, once you drill your first hole the lower is considered a firearm by the ATF and no longer a metal paperweight.

Find a machine shop near you that will help.
>>
>>1085443
An entire machine shop to finish a lower? Why?
>>
>>1085443
>Find a machine shop near you that will help.
no machine shop will touch this with a 10 foot pole
>>
>>1082561
>>1082614
use the 80 EZ jig and run the mill end on a router
don't use a drill press
>>
>>1082948
>minorities are too stupid to get an ID card
Now who's racist?
>>
>>1083883
>How could you possibly track voter fraud without ids?
Easy, you're already crossing off the name of each voter as they vote.
If people are voting with other people's names, you'll see it.
Just keep the rolls up to date so they can't vote with a dead person's identity.
It won't stop every case, but if lots of people were committing voter fraud (and they aren't), you'll notice.
How do you think they did this shit before people had ID's?
>>
>>1086155
>Get to the end of the list
>Wait a minute... Somebody did vote more than once with a bunch of neighbors names!
>I wonder who it was?
>Ohh well, seeing as there's no way to find out, screw it!

Or you could easily avoid the issue beforehand with something that everyone should have anyways.
>But dats racist!
It's common sense. Aren't you liberals all about common sense? You keep talking about it, but can never seem to find this illusive, abstract thing.
>>
>>1083706
Usually if you're not a deadbeat you get full time within a few months.
>>
File: multiculturalcrayons2[1].jpg (102KB, 450x589px) Image search: [Google]
multiculturalcrayons2[1].jpg
102KB, 450x589px
>>1086208
Right, cause fake ID's aren't a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxZXmF6qtQ

What's the handyman ethos? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 60% of the eligible US population can't be arsed to vote as it is and here you are going full retard trying to make it harder for people. Mostly colored types and the poor. Why? 'Cause there have been 31 suspect ballots cast over a 14 year period that ID's might have prevented (out of about one billion ballots cast, so 0.0000031% of the total ballots)?* If it was up to the Republicans voting would be a cross between a TSA screening, a prostate exam and a day spent at the DMV.

Meanwhile, you make some inbred jackass with a domestic violence conviction and a KKK tattoo on his neck show some ID to buy a gun and all of a sudden you're out there trying to get that shit streamlined and asking why gun stores can't have a drive thru window.

*Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/
>>
>>1083835
>we don't let the 4 million Americans living in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, etc have any voice,
lots of them come over and vote anyway
>>
>>1082948
Fucking how? They dont know where the fucking DMV is? Dont have 15 or 20 bucks? How little faith do you have in these people?
>>
>>1083002
>eliminate EC
>5-6 cities now pick prez
>rest of country disenfranchised, vote no longer matters

Surely this will end well
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>1086208
>Aren't you liberals all about common sense?
Compared to you, sure, apparently.
The point is that voter fraud, if it were real, would be pretty easy to detect.
But since we AREN'T detecting it, you might as well argue that voter ID's keep the spooky ghosts away.
You're arguing we should take precautions against something we're 100% does not exist.

Look, it's really very simple.
The people who came up with this narrative weren't really expecting anyone to dink to kool-aide.
It's sophistry (in case you don't know that word: https://www.google.com/search?q=sophistry).
You aren't actually supposed to believe it.
You're just supposed to parrot the story to explain why your party disenfranchises poor and elderly people.
>>
File: 1462670609000.jpg (337KB, 1279x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1462670609000.jpg
337KB, 1279x1706px
>>1086310
>>5-6 cities now pick prez
Not even close.
You'd need EVERY SINGLE VOTE IN NINE (9) states to win a majority.
Just imagine if your candidate got EVERY SINGLE VOTE in California, Texas, New York, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Ohio AND Michigan.
Nope.
STILL NOT A MAJORITY, you still need EVERY SINGLE VOTE in North Carolina too.
It's like you retards never heard of Google.

>>1086306
>How little faith do you have in these people?
As little faith as your party does. Democrats AND Republicans assume stricter voter id laws disenfranchise more dems than repubs.
Try to keep up.
>>
>>1086306
So let's say you were born is some shithole county back in the day where the local rednecks in the government wouldn't issue you a birth certificate because "what the fuck you colored types need with that? You can't even read." Or maybe the hospital you were born in, that only served non-whites, closed down and all of the records were 'lost'. Or maybe you lost all your ID at some point and it's just gone. So, you have no record of your status. Now, how do you get an ID? For many older people in the 'former' Jim Crow states its basically impossible to prove who you are. You don't have a form of government issued ID so you can't get any form of government issued ID.

I'm white and my family's house was washed away in a flood when I was 7. It took the safe with it and it was never found. Same deal with the county records office. This was back before our county digitized anything. We had other shit on our minds so getting replacements didn't come up till several years later. Do you know what kind of shit I had to go through to get a drivers license? It took me 3 years of digging, and notary and talking with a pro bono lawyer and eventually cost me almost $200 to get a replacement birth certificate. I spent almost $40 in postage alone, and this was 20 years ago, so it's not like I was born in 1960, like some people in the sam sich. Its actually pretty common.
>>
>>1086310
Seeing as how there isn;t a single city of size that votes 100% one way or the other I don't see how that will happen.
>>
>>1086318
My paternal grandmother was literally born in a barn, and my paternal grandfather was adopted from some mudhole in Norway. My father couldn't get his CDL renewed post 9/11 because he looks Arab and his family history is full of blanks and question marks.
shits fucked yo.
>>
>>1086318
Thats a lot of specific events. Sorry about your perfect storm. All sounds like whining that wasnt there in 08 or 12. Suddenly its a problem
>>
>>1086322
You think it's rare? Google it. There are more people in this country that have problems getting ID then there have been cases of voter fraud in the last 30 years.
>>
>>1086155
https://nationonenews.com/2016/11/14/breaking-lawsuit-3-million-illegal-votes-truethevote-jumpvote/
>>
>>1086322
Voter suppression is nothing new. Poll taxes, poll tests. It's been part of how politics is fought over in this country for a long long time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473501797240.jpg (10KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473501797240.jpg
10KB, 480x348px
>>1086344
There is literally nothing of substance on that site except 'Guy nobody has ever heard of made an unsubstantiated claim.' I've seen better sources claims on /x/.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.