[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ordered a school desk online from another country, and it seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

I ordered a school desk online from another country, and it seems that at some point during delivery, the legs got skewed. How do I fix this? Returning it for a new one isn't really an option. Seeing as how its from another country, this option would probably cost a lot and take a long time to be completed.
>>
>>1082088
>vintage school desk
>with original legs
>slightly bent
>missing the top
>ships internationally without packaging

that is one shitty hipster desk

just bend it back
>>
>>1082088
You'll have no choice but to slant the room.
>>
>>1082091
I took the top off as to not crack the wood while trying to bent it back, to no avail.
>>
>>1082088
>school desk
getthefuckouttahere.jpg - in what godforsaken earthlump would this POS be even remotely considered a 'school desk?' That thing is honking, and you should feel bad for posting it, never mind buying it.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (95KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
95KB, 540x720px
>>1082088
Here you go M8, no charge.

vintage? nope. Get someone with upper body strength to bend it back.
>>
>>1082102
kek
>>
>>1082094

Put the left feet on a loose plastic sheet, put the right feet behind some kind of ridge, push on the right top side.

Pray the welds hold and the legs don't bend.
>>
>>1082119
>Pray the welds hold and the legs don't bend..
Your God must be a merciful one, bro.
>>
File: table.jpg (209KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
209KB, 540x720px
>>1082088
>>
File: 1471923700704.gif (1014KB, 360x203px)
1471923700704.gif
1014KB, 360x203px
>>1082102
YOU DESTROYED HIS DRESSER
>>
This is honestly the last place on this site I expected so many joke responses. I never said it was vintage either, it is a modern day Japanese school desk. Thank you for the few decent responses, but I think I'm going to bring it somewhere to be repaired instead.
>>
>>1082125
kek

>missing air vent
>>
>>1082088
Is it stiff or wobbly?
>>
>>1082088
Build an X shaped brace for the back going from the C shaped support at the bottom up to just under the bottom of the desk tub.
>>
File: header[1].png (6KB, 700x272px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].png
6KB, 700x272px
>>1082170
>This is honestly the last place on this site I expected so many joke responses.

>I never said it was vintage either, it is a modern day Japanese school desk.

>Thank you for the few decent responses, but I think I'm going to bring it somewhere to be repaired instead.
>>
>>1082170
You got your answer in the first post. Sounds like you'd tried it already and it didn't work, probably because you're scared to break it. News flash: it's already fucked up, you're not going to fuck it up more. Man up and bend the thing, or gtfo. In any case, those joke responses were funny, and keks are what this site is all about. You could try Reddit, I'm sure they'll hold your hand and massage your self esteem while they tell you to bend it back.
>>
>>1082125
i keked, that was a good thread.
>>
>>1082088
I'm poor, but that is next level poverty. Wtf ano? Where do you live? Judging buy your heating I would say somewhere in northern Europe? They're giving better furniture to the fucking rapefugees, just ask for one too.
>>
>>1082170
Relax bro, you took a little banter too fucking serious. You have to admit it's pretty funny shit, no need to be sad though. If you were an amerilard you could just sit on the side and the sheer weight would fix it. Maybe you should use some gorilla tape to reinforce it and then kick it straight. Good luck.
>>
>>1082102

Some people shear sheep,
You shear desks.
>>
>>1082273
>somewhere in northern Europe?
That is some odd heating, if it is heating. But I can't tell as I'm from nĂ¥rthern joirop and I have my head so deep up my ass so I can't compare to the radiators in my home.

OP, post location! Your desk is practically fixed already, now let's go on to more important matters like funky possible radiators!
>>
>>1082286
I used to shear rocks but no one buys the wool anymore.
>>
>>1082273
Those heaters were pretty common in older homes in the southern U.S.
>>
>>1082293
Plot twist: those are some retro sci-fi floor lighting from Japan, have no heating function whatsoever
>>
>>1082426
also in home built in the 70's during the "Energy Crisis". All-Electric was pitched as a feature and not a bug.
>>
>>1082455
Yea.. I know some folks with all electric. They get really upset when I show them my gas bill.
>>
>>1082119

You forgot

>heat the welds to dull red so the gods of snap city don't rekt your shit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.