[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I'm super broke and my laptop's connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20161109_184434.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161109_184434.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Hello /diy/
I'm super broke and my laptop's connection to the power inlet thing separated. (See picture)
I've tried to solder it tgt, as you can see from the melted plastic mess...and I had success with soldering the wires (3 different ones) tgt but can't solder it to the connection tab (?) The solder forms little beads that just fall off and don't join the connection. I'm brand new to this and don't know what I'm doing. Any tips? Reason why its not working? Thank you
>>
>>1081774
Did you use flux?
>>
>>1081786
No? It's a rosin core solder do I need to?
>>
>>1081774
I dont know if youll manage to solder that. I think the previous anon might be right about needing flux for this. soldering wire is easy because the twisted wires have cavities for the solder to flow into but that tab has nothing. the flux might help with that but Im not sure. If it were me (and im pretty dumb) id try to mechanically bond it some how.
>>
>>1081790
Yea I'd use it still. Also I'd rough up the two surfaces with sandpaper or something.

Like this anon >>1081829 it still might not hold completely and you might have to add a little glue.
>>
>>1081774
Did you use a soldering iron? That looks like you used a lighter.
>>
>>1081774
use flux next time
>>
sometimes large metal tabs will act as heat sinks. I would recomend a solder gun. If you dont have access to a solder gun try a heat gun and soldering iron. that might get it hot enough, but be careful if you use a heat gun. you dont want parts on the back of your board falling off when their solder melts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.