[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to build a shake charger like this to charge a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: ShakeFlashlightDiagram.jpg (20KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
ShakeFlashlightDiagram.jpg
20KB, 400x250px
I'd like to build a shake charger like this to charge a 12v battery, but how do I design it so it's the right voltage and so it won't over-charge?
>>
Wow

Do you realize how awful that will be? Do you mean a 12V car battery?

Voltage is based off of the number of windings but just fyi that will take something like 600+ hours to charge up with normal shaking
>>
>>1079192
So what would be a better way to get power from a reciprocating motion?
>>
>>1079180
1. Learn how to design DC-DC converters (buck, boost, buck-boost, SEPIC, Cuk, etc).
2. Learn how to design a battery charger for the specific type of battery you want to charge.
3. Figure out the parameters for optimum power transfer (or use MPPT).

BTW, the "shake" mechanism sucks. You'll get much better efficiency if you mechanically convert the shaking motion to rotation then use a rotational generator (i.e. a motor).
>>
File: tYEdb0.gif (459KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
tYEdb0.gif
459KB, 320x180px
>>1079194
Yeah, attach the reciprocating motion to a scotch yoke and turn an alternator, rectify it and put that through the battery

Alternator will have significantly better efficiency than a shake generator, not to mention they are designed for a specific voltage at a certain rotational speed
>>
>>1079196
>>1079195
The problem is, the reciprocating motion is really inconsistent in basically every way. I was going to move the magnet with a cable, but I guess it'd be better to could use a cable to drive a motor, but I was concerned that it'd come loose.
>>
>>1079203
*it'd be better to use a cable
or
* it'd be better if I could use the cable
I'm very tired.
>>
>>1079203
Your masturbation will not power a car battery
>>
>>1079261
Duly noted.
>>
>>1079196
That (or a crank) requires that the oscillation has a fixed magnitude. The kind of mechanism used in a self-winding watch would be better (two wheels, the one being driven determined by the direction of motion).
>>
>>1079405
I think that might over-complicate things a bit. If I have the cable on a pulley wheel I could probably just ensure the motor moves at least enough to generate power using 2 or 3 gears. Then I could just rectify the output.

Winding the coil for the shake-charger would have been easy enough, but now I need to buy a 15v motor.
>>
>>1079195
>>1079180
Order some free samples of converters from TI.
Depending on what you are storing the energy in you can get a step down or step up
>>
>>1079180
Depends
How long do you want it to store energy? Are you gonna use it on demand or just randomly shake it from time to time, what bulb or led are you gonna use and at what voltage?
>>
>>1079624
This is not for a flashlight. I'm working on an electric generator and hoping to use it to charge a small bank of batteries. I've got the mechanical side figured out, but I'm not terribly good with electrical.

>>1079622
>Order some free samples of converters from TI.
Weight is a factor in the design. The fewer parts I use, the more I save on weight. If I can output directly to the 15 or so volts needed to charge the batteries, that would be best. I'm not an electrician, nor do I ever intend to be, so I'm not going to bother learning how to build all of this electrical crap just to charge a few batteries.
>>
File: 1471276225866.jpg (73KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
1471276225866.jpg
73KB, 639x475px
>>1079828
>electricians building anything
just end it. end it now.
>>
>>1080518
Electrician, electrical engineer, it's all the same crap.
>>
File: Panic.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Panic.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>1080677
>>
>>1079180
If you're trying to modify your sex doll to charge a battery so that after enough thrusting it will shake and scream in orgasm then it would be better to use a Raspberry Pi.
>>
File: 529.png (710KB, 906x682px) Image search: [Google]
529.png
710KB, 906x682px
>>1080710
Good to know. Not what I'm trying, but still good to know.
>>
>>1079180

guess (or measure) the maximum peak voltage from the coil

get a cap rated for that

if the voltage is way too high you'll have to do something else
>>
This thread makes me wonder, what is the most effecient way to generate electricity purely from mechanical motion by hand such that a person could do it? Some sort of large crank?
>>
>>1081032
>Some sort of large crank?
Probably. This might not be the best way, but it seems like more effort than anyone else has put into it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3462885/The-electricity-generator-pedal-Free-Electric-bike-create-24-hours-electricity-just-hour-exercise.html
>>
>>1080677
Quick reference: electricians are to electrical engineers as fry cooks are to chefs
>>
>>1081099
It's all the same shit.
>>
>>1081106
Really isn't
>>
>>1081113
Whatever. I'm not going to get trained as a fry cook just to try a hamburger.
>>
>>1081099
with that analogy, calling electricians fry cooks gives them too much credit, bus boys would be more like it.

sure on the industrial side they get to play with 3 phase which is extremely dangerous because it can touch you, but so can high voltage dc and both can stop your heart.

>>1081106
its the same shit, as in it uses the same reaction of free electrons moving from one atom to an adjacent one, but on the electrical engineering side the math involved is way more complicated, every component has its own equation so when you check it with a multi meter or scope you know what it should be reading with tolerances factored in.

an engineer designed my computer i used to post this, a lineman ran the power to a meter box from the pole, an electrician just ran the wire from the meter to the breaker box, then drilled holes in some wood possibly poked some coat hangers through some insulation to run wire to all the outlets and receptacles to meet code in my area.

>>1081121
search around on the internet, chances are someone already made something similar to what you want and all you have to do is buy the plans.
>>
>>1079192
What if he uses a paint shaker on it?
>>
File: baby shark are you kidding me.jpg (55KB, 527x960px) Image search: [Google]
baby shark are you kidding me.jpg
55KB, 527x960px
>>1081106

In no world is the ability to run wires and read a code book anywhere near equivalent to what's asked of a typical professional EE.

It's not even usually comparable to the endeavors taken on by an _amateur_ EE.
>>
>>1082183
Then he'll be converting electricity into motion, back into electricity

That would literally just be an energy drain

But if you mean a gas powered paint shaker why the fuck wouldn't you just remove the paint shaker part from the engine?
>>
File: circuit (1).png (22KB, 832x576px) Image search: [Google]
circuit (1).png
22KB, 832x576px
>>1079180

there you go fuccboi

the absence of engineers on this board is somewhat worrying.
>>
>>1082429
Thanks, but I'm not entirely sure where the battery is supposed to go in this circuit. Am I correct in assuming that the 1 kHz source is meant to be the input from the coil?

Excellent use of a swastika btw,
>>
>>1082444

correct
batteries replace 1F cap
>>
File: rootlocus.jpg (28KB, 794x428px) Image search: [Google]
rootlocus.jpg
28KB, 794x428px
>>1082429
I'm here senpai.
>>
>>1082429
oh boy, time to stick a magnet under my foreskin and wrap my fleshlight with some wire
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.