[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greentext stories? >live with parents >father likes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: 16-11-01-22-06-46-473_photo.jpg (976KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
16-11-01-22-06-46-473_photo.jpg
976KB, 3264x2448px
Greentext stories?

>live with parents
>father likes to do handy shit around house but sometimes not well
>he wants to install hooks next to my bed
>text back "sure dad but please wait until I get home from work so we can do it together"
>no response
>see this slapdash job
>we have a fucking level, it was next to the screwdriver he would've needed to install this

Pic related, with edge of my bed for reference. Not a fan of punching more holes in my wall so I guess it could be endearing
>>
File: 1476382966835.gif (311KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476382966835.gif
311KB, 400x225px
>>1078741
Same problem here, but the mistake was my fault, I wanted to nail a picture but I used wood nails on a concrete wall, the hammer broke the nail and hit my hand, I loose it and fell on the cat's head.
Now I only put my pictures on facebook, true story.
>>
>>1078741

that's a pretty bad job for sure

but cherish the fact that he wanted to do that for you at all.

you'll miss it when he can't anymore
>>
>>1078741
>be a faggot
>has a father who wants to do shit for no reason
>tells dad "please wait"
>he did it anyway
>shit job
>don't want to correct it
>don't want to say anything
>post on internet about his shitty story about a shitty dad doing a shitty job

for fuck sake why don't you /do it yourself/
>>
>>1078741
you know when he txt you he had probably already done it?
i think you are a dickhead:
1. coathooks should be at an angle so short people/jackets and tall people can use them at the same time.
2. a white wall clearly you don't care at all about your room appearance so fucking boring
3. just fucking take it down and slam some motherfucking filler in the holes who cares?

only problem is if he thinks thats level i dread to think what its screwed into. i kind of hope its just plasterboard and it missed all the studs and shit so it pulls itself out immediately and wrecks your wall.
>>
>>1078904
>Guaranteed replies

Here's your first (You)
>>
File: 1474510342838.png (73KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1474510342838.png
73KB, 184x184px
OK I have a fresh one.

>Dad got a sheet metal cabinet
>Its old and rusty as fuck
>Want to strip it and repaint it
>I do some work on the doors and back
>He's super protective and watches me use the grinder for like 25 min.
>He says he been grinding till the age of 6 and that I'm doing a slow shitty job
>He takes the angle grinder
>Swaps the disk
>Turns the nut the wrong way
>"The disk wont spin you broke it son"
>Opps.jpeg
>Blames it on his bad eyes.
>Fixes it
>No eye protection, No gloves, No mask.
>Starts grinding.
>Sparks everywhere.
>Its a sanding disk.
>Turns the angle grinder so the sparks go towards me, his face, the combustible chemicals cabinets
>I loose my shit and unplug his angle grinder.
>Send him on some bullshit errand to get him out of the shop.
>Hurry up and finish striping before he gets back.
>Now hes going around the house coughing and complaining about the dust he inhaled.

Have to do the paint tomorrow.
fun.jpeg

He's not a bad person and is pretty handy, but he's too damn proud to admit that he's doing something wrong.
>>
>>1078745
Was the cat okay
>>
>>1078963
Never seen that image, so here's its companion as thanks.
>>
Fix it and don't tell your dad that you did anything and thank him. God why are there so many faggots in this board?
>>
>Car has a twin barrel carb
>Secondary jet is blocked
>Mom mentions it to Dad but keeps driving it like it is
>Take matters into my own hands
>Put it off and clean it out
>Next day going to school
>Mom turns a corner and puts her foot down
>...... [Cue eurobeat]
>>
>>1080037
It's mostly chest thumping. Sounds like a bunch of 18 year olds who "have it all figured out".

>be me
>better than my father at anything
>know more than most people
>see shitty job father did
>show my expertise in all facets
>I am the alpha male of our household
>>
My dad is super handy and precise at every diy thing he does. I could only wish I was on his level
>>
>>1078741

>My dad somehow took my millennial good for nothing persona and made a framer, electrician, plumber, college going (without debt), church going (willingly), guy.

Where are the fathers nowadays? Can't wait for 5-10 years when people with trade skills are making six figures serving all these millennials.
>>
>>1078741
>>1078963

>have an autismo for a son that won't move out
>leaves his crap everywhere despite teaching him to pick up after himself
>want to install hooks to keep his room neat
>ungrateful son as usual
>install them obnoxiously crooked to fuck with him
>turn angle grinder to shoot sparks at his face next chance I get
>>
>be lonely coat hook
>waiting in back of drawer at hardware store
>life is boring, please give a purpose to my existence
>customer after customer comes and take fresh hooks at front of drawer
>TFW employees don't rotate stock
>one day man come it and fetters around in drawer, muttering about "not made like they used to"
>grabs me and some of my long-time buddies
>is this really happening?
>excitement is overwhelming
>arrive at his place and he installs us on the wall
>is this what life will be like?
>neckbeard comes home
>cranes neck and squints eyes
>son is disappoint
>yelling at air, obviously not happy that I'm here to help him
>fearing for my life
>please help me, I don't know what he's capable of
>>
>dad always bitter and pissed off and angry only towards my mother
>dad flipped cars as a hobby(probably so he didn't have to hang out with mom)
>became old enough to help him.
>learned some shit.
>learned some new vocabulary that got my mouth washed with soap.
>owe all my handiness to him.

Dudes surprisingly mellowed out since he retired 10 years years ago after 35 years in the military.

>Mom hates I'm just like my father but she sure doesn't mind when I fix stuff for her.
>>
>>1078741
>"thanks dad, I really appreciate it. But why didnt you wait for me? I like doing things with you and I want to help"
>>
File: [Screams Internally].gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
[Screams Internally].gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>1080074
Same.

>>1078741
>grandpa was a DIY-er and a cheapskate
>dies
>dad, brothers, and I are going through the house doing maintenance b/c grandma is afraid of mexicans
>need another ladder to help clean leaves out of the gutter
>look in grandpa's shed
>find ladder
>bring it outside and set it up
>the joints are all fucky
>rungs don't feel sturdy
>part that you rest stuff on is uneven and made of shitty fibreboard
>stop and ask dad if that ladder is safe
>"What ladder?"
>"The one in grandpa's shed"
>"...let me see."
>show him ladder
>his face when he saw his dad's handiwork
>>
>>1080133
Dad feels thread?

>dad is a highschool drop out
>used to be embarrased of him for that
>kids at school found out in like first grade and made fun of him
>kids in class are always jealous of the stuff i bring to show and tell
>this is a bear statue my dad carved for me
>this is an AM radio my dad and I made out of a razor blade, a double A battery, wire and piece of a nail
>these are pictures of the mustang I helped my dad rebuild and paint
>if it moved and had working parts my dad could fix it like a fucking wizard.

>even to this day despite reading at a third or fourth grade level on account of his dyslexia he reads his gun and hunting magazines and books.
>hes a fucking trooper
>hes my idol
>and even though im 35 hes still taking me to school and teaching me shit i had no idea he knew how to do

The idea that one of these days he's going to die terrifies me.

It will be the first time in my life that I know I'll truly feel alone and vulnerable. He's always been there for me. Whenever i scraped my knee. Whenever I needed him to do the double jump on level 8-1 in the original mario world. When I broke up with my girlfriend, when I came out, when I got married and he hugged my husband and called him son. I don't know what I'll do when he's gone.
>>
>>1080367
Normally I'd call you a fag but that was honestly heartwarming. I wish I had that kind of relationship with my dad.
>>
File: 1477252735151.png (26KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477252735151.png
26KB, 273x200px
>>1080367
Fucking faggots, they don't know how good they have it.
>>
>>1080069

You can only be the alpha male when you grow a mustache and fuck your own mother.
>>
>>1080367

Dude, your only job now is to become as awesome and loving as your dad and transmit it to the future generations. As a tribute.
>>
>>1080464
He can't. He has the gay.
>>
>>1080468
We have two sons
>>
>>1080496
adopted or from the pussy banging days?
>>
>>1080081
top kek
got my breath short mofo I almost died reading this
>>
>my faggot son still live with me and his mom
>i like to hammer nails in pumpkins from time to time and trigger the motherfucker
>decide to put a coat hanger in my fag son's bedroom so he can hook his rags (that we and his mom bough for him, btw)
>he texted me back to wait till he come back from his MLPcon
>AINT_NOBODY_GOT_TIME_FOR_DIS.jpg
>literally and absolutely intentionally halfassed everything and mounted the shit coat hanger with MUH DICK
>the little faggot said nothing, just smiled and thanked me

I'm absolutely sure he wont do anything about fixing it because he's a furry faggot that has no balls and will get constantly triggered from my shit job for years.
>>
i hate doing stuff whit people around watching. i'm always concerned of what they think about how i work. if they smarter than me i feel stupid and slow, and if they are dumber or worse than me at the thing im doing then i cant avoid being condescendent

>>1080468
he never said he was a he
>>
File: 1471047792084.jpg (36KB, 748x552px) Image search: [Google]
1471047792084.jpg
36KB, 748x552px
>>1080367
I owe alot to my dad. He was always my go to guy to teach me how to do/use stuff i had never done before. He was the best to talk to and bounce ideas off of. When i would get an idea about a project i wanted to do i usually would go to his house and get ideas and input from him before i would actually start the project. He was honestly the smartest person i had ever known.

I know the feels about the fear of losing your dad. My dad passed away this year and its been very hard for me.
>>
>>1078741
maybe he though you were into autoerotic asphyxiation and didn't know the length of the noose you used. that way you can do it in a safe manner and still get results.

seriously, i would be more worried about it being secured to actual studs instead of just being screwed into dry wall having it fall off when something heavy is hung on it.

also as long as its in the same spot you can cover the holes with it, you only have to make one more hole to make it level.

sadly i don't have any father cob job stories, my father apprenticed 12 years to become an actual millwright and pretty much did shit to code if not better.
>>
>>1078741
>Not a fan of punching more holes in my wall

You could move the right side up to level, redrill hole in the correct position and the coathook would cover the bad hole.
>>
>>1080049
Kek, nice st/o/ry

What car?
>>
File: 1474766865936.jpg (32KB, 538x350px) Image search: [Google]
1474766865936.jpg
32KB, 538x350px
>>1080081
Kek

>>1080367
>The idea that one of these days he's going to die terrifies me.

Went through hell with my dad's medical issues.
>He was in the hospital a few months after a bad aneurysm.
>Somehow survived.
>A few years later while I'm still in the hospital for back surgery he has a "widow maker" heart attack.
>He's in another hospital, no way I could visit him until I was discharged
>luckily he was a stubborn pollock that didn't die right away
>got to say good by at least before we took him off life support
>2:15 pm 404 dad not found
>F

Not only was it emotionally draining it was physically painful after getting new hardware installed in my back. Picking out the casket, going to the wake, funeral and burial took a ton of opioids.

He was clever and smart. Never got the chance to go to college and that was a big regret of his.
>>
>>1080367
I bet he can't wait to die to escape your faggotry.
>>
File: 6553.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6553.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>1082890
One of these. They were none too powerful but rwd and she wasn't used to it working properly.
>>
File: 1464027318709.jpg (16KB, 357x379px) Image search: [Google]
1464027318709.jpg
16KB, 357x379px
>nearing end of welding school a couple months ago
>had to turn some basic small tank we made into a barbecue
>instructions are vague as fuck
>my autismo/fitter brain needs crystal clear directions
>think I have to put some kind of chimney on it
>begrudgingly put some bit of pipe I find in the scrap
>last day
>"you didn't have to put a chimney if you didn't want to"
>mfw my barbecue now has a giant heat sink and I don't have access to a workshop to fix it

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1083118
Stuff some foil down the hole
>>
>>1083123
I'm gonna do something like that but I'd prefer it to be permanent.
>>
>>1083138
Crimp it shut, then.
>>
>>1083144
It's a 3-inch diameter 3/16ths wall pipe famalam.
I'm probably gonna get a stick welder soon for my personal use and use it for that since I have almost no interests other than my trade
>>
>>1079969
answer this guy plox. I want to know the siutation of cat aswell.
>>
>>1080115
gold anon, honest.
>>
>>1083118
Got pics? sounds pretty cool. Welding is love and life.
>>
So i got a somewhat father DIY thing
Dad passed away when i was like 9 so i got nothing recent. Always blaim his death on why i was such an antisocial shit in high school and grade school.

>Dad being dad
>dad wants front porch
>Dad has no front porch, and dont want to hire a company to make front porch
>Says fuck it and starts building a huge ass porch which looks like an expansion of the house the same size of the house, got no picturs since we sold the house and i was kiddo
>First few months, nothing more than a simple concrete and plank construction site. Concrete support pillars under it and planks as a soon to be floor
>BEST PLAYGROUND FUCING EVER
>Playground doesnt really change much, dad often works real job, only get to meet him every second weekend since divorsed parrents and he works the other weekends to match it up. Often goes to work in the U.S at a nuclear power plant there, often for entire summers.
>all the vietnam stories from his boss
>back to track, some year later the construction site magicly looks decent. Not like done or anything and you really have to work to get into the door.
>Be a years or so later. Dads done the imposible.
>Worked like maniac and got the thing fixed.
>Its like an entire fucking one story house. Walls, door, roof.
>Dad spend a lot of time on porch, or in nearby town with gf
>Pass away about a year or two after completion.

Entire place was beautifull. Made as if a company of experienced carpenters did it after years of work. He loved it i think, he always had some plans on expanding it or painting it, but we all liked the colour of the wood.
Fun thing how there was a room that was pretty much incomplete inside the house itself on the top floor. Scary place.
I miss dad.
>>
>>1083167
Now is welder. Dad was a good one i have been told. Worked illegally with it a lot. He was also a electrician which i never heard or saw shit of ever.
Worked at Swedish and American nuclear power plants in his life, but only in the US when i was born. Man was rich. His house didnt have the porch in any bluebrints so people who bought it didnt have to add any money into the purchase. They also threated to sue because of the incomplete room. Bloody faggots.
>>
>>1080367
Man or female?
Asking because some things in the thread made me wonder
>>
File: IMG_20161112_224227998.jpg (137KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161112_224227998.jpg
137KB, 832x468px
>>1083164
Pipe is smaller than I remembered but I'll still have to block it.
I really should paint it before winter.
>>
>>1083176
Fancy as heck dude. Would feel proud having it myself. I love everything in the DIY area, reminds me of the times when everyone wasnt a useless pussy buying everything.
>>
>>1083176
It almost looks like there's thread on the end of that pipe. Can't you just put a cap on it?
>>
>>1083181
It's threaded but I think the threading's FUBAR, I'll check
>>
>>1083176
How is it supposed to work without a chimney?
>>
>>1083184
I think it's just too big to retain heat properly. The openings between the lid and the bottom and the ones on the side should be enough.
Could be wrong though, I really am far from being a pitmaster.
>>
>>1083186
Co/ck/ here. Looks pretty compact. It'll do a decent job, and you can use that chimney to regulate air (and therefore heat) to the food. Post more pics.
>>
>>1083172
What's it like being retarded
>>
>>1083232

Hay in todays world he could really be a she but thinks shes a he and married a man because he thinks she is a he and that makes her gay to marry a man.
>>
>>1078780
If it aint broke, dont fix it.
>>
>>1078963
>>Its a sanding disk.
what type of disk were you using?
Ill admit Im not a professional, but I would have used the sand paper flap wheel where they are tiled.. it causes sparks all the time.
>>
>>1080069
>>I am the alpha male of our household
Congratualtions. Your mom sees your dad as the beta now. When you move out, she will seek a new alpha. You just got your dad cucked and maybe destroyed a marriage.
>>
>>1083016
was he still conscious when he was removed from life support? what the fuck?
sorry to hear this
>>
>>1083171
>ave the porch in any bluebrints so people who bought it didnt have to add any money into the purchase.
so wherever you are, if you upgrade your hows and its not _in the blueprints_ you basically throw away money and they just claim the house is a piece of shit and undervalue it?
>>
>>1080367
My dads like yours he can just about do anything construction wise to a extremely high standard. but hes a cunt and didn't teach me fuck all so I've had to learn everything I know myself.
>>
File: 1464984180742.jpg (28KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1464984180742.jpg
28KB, 500x667px
>>1083302
lolno
You can't do that. He was sedated. At that point 4 of the five major organs were struggling and there was no point to be selfish. We let him go with dignity.
I have a twisted sense of humor, it's what gets me through.

I was lucky in that I knew my father and we didn't hate each other. My advice to the anons itt is to put forth an effort to do something together if you don't already.
>>
>>1083318
>You can't do that. He was sedated.
thats weird to think about. Alot of people are afraid of shots, I cant imagine what it would be like to have that needle come at you, but I suppose at that point you'd welcome it.

Was he awake when you were visiting, did he know it was coming? Or was he just really sick and they sedated him then the call was made?

>do something with our dads
I lost mine at an early age, like another anon, I also suspect that is what allowed me to turn into what I am..
>>
>>1083332
He was never awake, he was on life support. He had to be sedated to keep load off the heart after surgery because a machine had taken over his heart's function.
He never knew it was going to happen.
I got to say "good bye" but it wasn't a conversation.
>>
>>1083375
oh, thats probably better.
Sorry if my questions made you uncomfortable.
>>
>>1083415
I don't mind. I'm the one that brought it up anyway.
>>
Dad stories?

>Father is a womanizer who has at least 8 kids (only met ~4)
>Left when I was 12 for the last time
>Had some cool cars, got me interested
>Learned to DIY shit to help my mom
>Mother remarries a lazy asshole >proceeds to DIY and fuck up shit because he "works construction"
>divorces him and puts her in massive debt
>Move out, get married, buy my own house
>Mother has to sell the house because its becoming a burden
>fix everything I can without needing permits
>house sells and barely covers debt
>Vow to never be like either of those assholes to my kids
>Find out wife is likely infertile
>Just me, my wife, my dogs, my tools, and my cars

FML
>>
>>1083678
You could always adapt or volunteer somewhere for kids.
My gf wants kids and I'm afraid that I'll never enjoy my cars and motorcycles.
The worst is seeing for sale motorcycle ads
> BABY ON THE WAY WIFE SAYS BIKE MUST GO
>>
>>1083678
Side bitches anon. Your dad knew what he wanted in life. Don't you?
>>1083905
> BABY ON THE WAY WIFE SAYS BIKE MUST GO
Damn anon being cucked seems wonderful.
>>
>>1078780
this XD
>>
>>1083159
cat was debrained :/ didnt wanna have to share this. sry
>>
>>1083924
I'm not cucked, I still have my bike. I was referring to those ads I see.
>>1083930
F
>>
>>1080367
Honestly thought you were making a George Lopez show reference
>>
>>1083678
Dude. If you never have kids thats ok.

My brother and his girlfriend of 14 years are babyless. I assume one of them has plimbing issues but we don't ask.

Their life is so rewarding. They have a beautiful home. Cars, motorcycles, sports stuff. They go on vacations all the time and theyve been everywhere you can imagine including hiking to ancient Inca temples and shit.

With no expensive money pits like kids they get a lot of stuff that they want
>>
>work for electrical company
>guy with "10 years experience" gets hired
>doesnt leave loops in romex houses
>drills through trusses and laminate even
>cant get 400 feet of pipe in a single day
>got fired
>months later, still fixing his mistakes on punches and service calls
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.