[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i use Acrylic latex caulk to fill in the gaps near my radiator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download (5).jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
100KB, 800x600px
can i use Acrylic latex caulk to fill in the gaps near my radiator pipes? they are about 1-2cm wide, large enough for small rodents to come through, which is the #1 reason i want to patch these holes.
>>
if you mean around the hot water lines, that does not sound like a great idea unless you're using a kind made for contact with high heat

if there is a large enough hole, I'd just use a thin piece of metal with a hole in it, screwed to the surface on either side of the pipe

shoot, you could probably even use steel wool
>>
>>1078369
>steel wool
i heard that the mice will try and eat through the steel wool, and then it will kill them and they'll die in the walls and rot there.. leaving behind a corpse and a bad smell..
>>
>>1078371
considering their talent for not getting caught other ways, it seems they would be smart enough to just chew through the normal wall after having trouble with the steel wool

another option I'd suggest is fireblock expanding foam

if you're really worried about them trying to eat stuff, just use some sheet metal....they cannot chew though that period
>>
You can get clip on covers.
>>
>>1078368

Why not a bit of cement? Or even pollyfill.
>>
>>1078390
what's polyfill?
>>
>>1078392
polyester fiber filler
the stuff in stuffed animals/pillows/upholstery
>>
Use white silicone op
>>
>>1078387

this would be too easy. you got to remember the average /diy/ user has the IQ of a toilet brush covered in shit stains.
>>
probably the cheapest/easiest is to stuff in some of your old steel wool (for cleaning pots and pans). rodents can munch trough a lot of things, but are not gonna kill themselves trying to munch through that.
>>
>>1078519
>toilet brush covered in shit stains.
Do the shit stains add IQ points?
>>
>>1078368
>1-2cm wide
Too much for acrylic.

I'd use polyurethane foam.
It's in general used to fill holes in walls, and it withstands temperature of boiling water, so no radiator pipes can kill it.
>>
DO NOT use silicone caulk. It is not able to be painted and will cause paint to crack and repel from the caulking.
>>
>>1078373
>considering their talent for not getting caught other ways, it seems they would be smart enough to just chew through the normal wall after having trouble with the steel wool
except steel wool doesn't in nature. I have enough problems with idiot field mice trying to nest in my fiberglass insulation and dying slowly in the walls and ceilings...

Anyway, latex caulk is OK to hot water temps, but silicone will last longer. Paintable silicone exists. 1cm is on the edge, 2cm is too big.

Expanding foam: use it once, you'll say never again :-)
>>
File: 0288365_l.jpg (35KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0288365_l.jpg
35KB, 1000x1000px
>>1078401
What?
>>
>>1079882
He wants to provode the mice some nice, safe material for nesting. Isn't that sweet?
>>
>>1078371
No, what happens is they *try* to chew through the steel wool, then the pain of having steel fibers stuck in your mouth immediately makes them stop.
>>
>>1078368
Jesus, that's some terrible caulking in that picture.
>>
>>1078580
Only if you can see corn...
>>
>>1080065
Biased on their painting it's what I would expect.
>>
>>1079548
>Expanding foam: use it once, you'll say never again :-)
Why? What's wrong with it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.