[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know what kind of wood is this? Mohogany? Alder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 20161029_191459.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_191459.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone know what kind of wood is this? Mohogany? Alder? idk.. pls help
>>
>>1078147
Fender Strats have usually alder or ash bodys, for a crispy sound.
>>
File: 515zjYMpuOL.jpg (42KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
515zjYMpuOL.jpg
42KB, 377x500px
>>1078147
Not posting the meme version because the book's actually relevant.
>>
>>1078150
Jesus Fucking Christ
Please, no tone wood shit

>alder or ash bodys, for a crispy sound

Not on a solid body, the species of wood has zero impact on sound in a solid body, never has, never will

Now, if you want to make that argument about hollow body guitars, electric or acoustic, well then I agree it does make a difference, but on a solid body, it doesn't mean shit
>>
>>1078147
Probably alder. Doesn't look red enough to be mahogany.
>>
>>1078150
probably not a fender with that control cavity in the back.

>>1078147
if you know the make and model of the body you can usually google what wood was used.
>>
>>1078150
strats are wired from the front, so that bottom cavity shouldnt be there and real fenders dont have the hole drilled at the neck plate to hang it up to paint it.

so not a fender. still could be alder tho. idk
>>
File: IMG_20161031_205221.jpg (261KB, 1055x1374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161031_205221.jpg
261KB, 1055x1374px
>>1078151
beat me to it *fixed
>>
>>1078147
pine
>>
>>1078157
You're right, it was a Washburn Chicaco Series... But I'm not sure about the model... Maybe KC40.
>>
>>1078147
Anon can you please show us the front of the guitar as well, the KC series seems to have had a very distinctive scallop where the cut outs for the horns begin, also it would be nice to know the pickup configuration, in fact if you can dump as many pics of the guitar and any parts you may have for it then this would aid our searches greatly.

I thought for a short while that it might be a Washburn WM10 but the hole location fro the knobs isn't right.
>>
File: cat_1990washburn_page05.jpg (153KB, 690x900px) Image search: [Google]
cat_1990washburn_page05.jpg
153KB, 690x900px
>>
That's a sanded down Yamaha, depending on the age, it's most likely Ash.

Mahogany is light pink with deep dark grain.
>>
>>1078647
Bumping for interest
>>
>>1078654
That kc42 gives me wood (Lol) aside from the godawful Floyd rose trem. If it were string though it would be a drop c tuned pantry dropper.
>>
>>1078153
I'll agree that tone woods are way overstated. And strings, speaker, tubes ect. ect. ect. will all effect your tone.
But why when you go to any aftermarket pickup manufacturer, the 2nd thing they take into consideration after music style is body wood?
Yes you can process your signal to sound like damn near anything through enough electronics. But a lot of people just wanna plug straight into their amp and play.
I'm not one of the corksniffing, gotta have a set neck, mahogany body, ebony board nazis. I had a Basswood V w/ a maple cap that I think had a better tone than any LP I ever played.
Should body wood dictate whether a guitar is any good or not? No.
But there's a difference, maybe not with a dozen pedals in front and the gain knob maxed out. But played clean with a decent ampamp, yes.
>>
>>1078691
Yamaha does make electric guitars? I wasn't sure, never came across one. Are they as good as their acoustics?
>>
>>1080136
Yes they do. They are decent beginner/intermediate electrics, but imo their acoustics and classicals are true budget workhorse guitars. Also they make some neat basses.

I have a 1979 Yamaha acoustic that cost maybe $100 when new that takes as much abuse as I can give it.
>>
>>1080143
Yeah, the 60s and 70s Yamaha acoustics will last forever and they sound fantastic. My cousin is a really talented guitarist and he almost exclusively plays his FG-200 nowadays.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.