[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what tools are you guys hoping to get this Black Friday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: bl1[1].jpg (55KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
bl1[1].jpg
55KB, 970x546px
So what tools are you guys hoping to get this Black Friday?

Personally I want to get a miter saw.

Post Black Friday ads and deals here as they start showing up.
>>
I'm hoping to go to home depot and get whatever makita shit they mark down 5% after they marked it up 50% last month

I can't believe these deals!
>>
>>1077938
>going to stores for IRL black friday

good goy
>>
>>1077937
Black Friday is a scam. I don't buy any thing
>>
might grab me a 36v makita masonry drill if it's more than 15% off
>>
>>1077937
Oh shit, I completely forgot about black friday.

I'm considering getting a belt sander, but I've never bought my own tools before. Any brand recommendations? I've even thought of going to harbor freight since I saw one for like $35 last time I was there.
>>
>>1078246
dunno which one you meant, but they are already passing out BF flyers and this one will be on sale for $59 I believe

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-x-36-inch-belt-6-inch-disc-sander-97181.html
>>
>>1077940

>Going to stores to buy a miter saw period

Go to a pawnshop OP.
>>
>>1077965
Finally someone who gets it.
>>
I for one will be boycotting any event that appropriates minority identities for capitalistic gain. #BlackLivesMatter
>>
>>1077937
>Black Friday

I don't know your holidays
>>
>>1077940
> not catching the sarcasm in my post
>>
>>1078265
Black as in the financial term "in the black"

As the last major family oriented holiday before Christmas is thanksgiving, many stores offer steep discounts to encourage families to go out and get presents for family members for Christmas while family is on the mind and while people that would know better about their extended family members are around

It used to offer genuinely good deals before it became the number one shopping day of the year, but now it is more likely to offer discounts on merchandise that had been artificially priced up since mid summer

You can sometimes find good deals still but it normally comes in the form of a "door buster" where people will line up outside a store and the first 10 or so people will get a coupon for a single heavily discounted item (think 55 inch Chinese TV for $100) generally each store will have a single door buster that will be sold at loss to encourage more people to come and line up. And it works well because most people think "whatever I buy will be so heavily discounted I can't lose!" When in reality they probably will save 5-10% on carefully chosen items and often pay more on non carefully chosen items

So yes it is a scam and you should do any black Friday sales online
>>
>shill containment
>>
>>1078413
Except it isn't the busiest shopping day of the year. That's another scam that isn't necessarily on purpose, but the retailers let it go hoping for more sales.
>>
>>1078474
It is by volume of sales not by profit

After black Friday they have an excuse to bump process up even more which cause greater profit on a few days in December, but the volume of sales is greater on black Friday
>>
>>1077937

>Black Friday shopping

You're the problem, anon
>>
>>1077937
hire black people to rob for me
>>
I hope that nobody buys me any "great deals" for a christmas present. I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not going to use the harbor freight multitool that you bought me because I "fix things"
>>
>>1078413

>not detecting it was a joke
>>
>>1077965
>Black Friday is a scam. I don't buy any thing

Last year I scored a front loading washer and dryer for $800 from Sears. $800 for the pair, not each. Kenmore elite. Also got incredible deals on a Yamaha receiver and a Nexus 6. All from the comfort of my couch while eating leftovers.

Going out to stores on BF is for chumps.
>>
>>1077937

None. When I need or want new tools I go to yard sales and see what's there before I buy any new plastic shit, which I never do.
>>
>>1077937
I usually load up on drill/driver bits. always seem to score a set of both for $5 each. Although I never go out on Black Friday. I just wait a few days. Although it could be more of stocking stuffer genre stuff.

>>1078259
> spot the guy who doesn't make a living with a saw.

>inb4 buying stolen/jank tools.

Ive never seen a decent condition miter saw in our local pawn shops
>>
I'm hoping that at least one of the Milwaukee tools I'm interested in goes on sale, probably the M18 oscillating tool or the jigsaw.
>>
>>1078991
Man, going out used to be the ONLY way to get these great deals

They ruined the magic of Black Friday, that, and the specials sucks compared to online deals

Anyways I'm hoping something I need has a sale, lawn mowers are very low on my expectations
>>
I'm looking to get some drill bits, maybe some steel. Definitely abrasives or a good hacksaw.
>>
>>1077937
Not sure. A store near me has a used ryobi variable speed scroll saw for $65, but will I be able to get something better/cheaper on BF?
>>
>>1077937
i buy all my tools used from the flea market and craigslist.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.