[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ So my dad was a Vietnam vet, I'm 21. He knew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: construction.jpg (1MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
construction.jpg
1MB, 1698x1131px
Hey /diy/

So my dad was a Vietnam vet, I'm 21. He knew everything /diy/ Plumbing, painting, tiling, bricklaying, welding, mechanics, electrical work, concreting, roofing ect

I'm a little manlet who plays videogames. I'm waiting for additional testing before I can join the army myself. I'm applying to be a sapper because building interests me.

I left my girlfriend to support my mum, my older brother is doing shady shit to her, police raided us a few days ago, he's a shit person.

Our entire house is in disrepair. I'd like to get advice on learning to renovate the bathroom on my own.

What I want to do is put new tiles in, rip out the old cupboards for new ones. I'll upload on my phone shortly. And maybe give /diy/ before and after shots.

I'm thinking of going to the library tomorrow and getting some text on tiling, (She wouldn't trust me ripping her bathroom up)

Input appreciated, cheers
>>
File: 1477745311839158442619.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1477745311839158442619.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
I have a few thousand to spend. I imagine using a contractor to do the cuboards and maybe putting a shower in. The tiles in this house give me a headache.
>>
>>1077181
tile is not a beginner job
put linoleum or something in there
>>
I have a godfather who worked with my dad who could help me.

>>1077183
What about ripping up all the tiles to save a few hundred, then hiring someone into do it?
>>
>>1077181
What would your mom actually want? I assume the house is hers, have to you talked with her about your plans? There might be something very different she would like.

On the job itself, at my parents house we actually put the new tiles on top of the old ones. Might have some disadvantage I don't know about, but it has worked nicely for years now.
>>
>>1077661
I'd imagine that the primary disadvantage being it raises the floor a bit, and if the bottom gets damaged somehow, the top layer will be effected
>>
>>1077181
>Vietnam vet
>21 year old son

Was your dad like eighty fucking years old when you were born?
>>
>>1077685
Vietnam ended in 75 so he could have been 40ish but I lold
>>
>>1077685
>be 28
>dad was in Vietnam and both Iraq wars.
>>
>>1077693
I always felt bad for my friends that had old ass fathers. I'm 30 years old now, and my father is probably a couple years older than yours was when you were born.
>>
>>1077699
Guess you better start churning out some kids before you turn into the old dad.
>>
>>1077704
I mean, I cum in my boyfriend all the time and he still isn't pregnant. I think he might be barren ;_;
>>
>>1077726
Too bad you didn't have an older father around, he might have told you being a faggot was disgusting and wrong.
>>
>>1077799
>>>/pol/

Your safe space is over there. Or you can just stop being scared of people that are different.
>>
>>1077726
>>
File: YOURMOMSDILDO.jpg (79KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
YOURMOMSDILDO.jpg
79KB, 1920x802px
Here's some input, skip the sob story and ask your question. Nobody cares about the irrelevant shit.
Sincerely,
NotYourLiveJournal
>>
>>1077699
Your dad is 34 ?
>>
>>1077181
leave the tiles the fuck alone, you have no idea what you are doing, and they are no fucking place to start learning. Cupboards, take your GF/Mother/whoever tf to fucking IKEA, buy sometng nice, build, remove old, hang new, done Even a retarded orphan waif manage that, biut leave tiling to the pros, better, just fucking leave it.

AAAAND thats about as best advice s you'll get, as the remainder of your thread wll now descend into irrelevant bollocks, what >>1077831 that man said.
>>
>>1077803
I don't know why you think I would be scared of the gays. I guess it's because you all have hiv right? Or is it because you guys found loopholes to not pay taxes like other married people?

Either way I'm more sickened that you put your cock where another dude shits tbqh famalam.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.