[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you call this type of post that is a half T? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (11KB, 283x448px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 283x448px
What do you call this type of post that is a half T?

I want to make a frame to hang a heavy bag from instead of attaching it to roof beams or buying prebuilt.

I was thinking of making a structure that is basically just two of these connected by a longer beam in the middle to give more room to circle the bag. Probably all of them being 6x6 posts with some 2x4s for support and then something to give it some feet and tonattack some standard sized weights to it to weight it down so i dont have to drill into the garage floor.

The idea is to have it long enough so that i can remove the bag and park a car under it if needed.

Ive seen some plans for a "cage" version of this that has 4 corners but it seems like it could be done without have to resort to that.

How can i ensure it is strong?
Enough to support a couple of hundred pounds?
>>
File: Tombstone_courthouse_gallows.jpg (70KB, 510x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tombstone_courthouse_gallows.jpg
70KB, 510x600px
I want something like this, but in my garage.
>>
I'm getting closer. It looks like I need to build an execution pit.
>>
Does anyone have any plans for building a gallows? I promise it's not for hanging people.

It's for a heavy bag. Yeah, that's what it's for.
>>
File: 1463615551791.gif (98KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1463615551791.gif
98KB, 500x364px
>>1077069
>>1077070
Should I be concerned OP?
>>
Jokes aside, a gallows is designed to hold a human so it should be fine for this. Have you considered just googling a design.
>>
don't do it man, you have probably something to live for i guess
>>
>>1077069
I know this is a troll thread but I'm actually looking for something like this as well. The only problem is they all have to bolt into the floor or walls and I need something that wouldn't as I am renting currently.

My idea is basically pic related going across the garage and just a board with supports on each side at the bottom with some weights on it and maybe some nonslip mats to try and keep it from sliding around too much.

How dumb is this? Should I just give in and put 5 bolts in the wall and patch them up before I move out?
>>
>>1077694
Sand in a tube to weigh it down?(the kind you'd use to weigh down your truck bed) Winters coming up so they'll be everywhere here soon
>>
>>1077067
Dunno. Dig a hole and bury pipe and call it a day. Got a 50 pound bag in se kansas if fs want?
>>
>>1077694

I thought about doing that, but you will need plenty of lateral support. I'm guessing 2 or 3 2x6 boards sistered together will be a good top beam.

The problem with wood is that long solid boards is that they are not strong at all alone. You have to sister them together (ie laminate with glue or bolts) to make them stronger.

A hanging and dropping body where the force is nearly all downward is different than a dynamic load that swings around in every direction all the time.

I think looking into how swing-sets are constructed will be good.

Making an A-Frame type form is basically a gallows with the extra lateral support. You'll just have to weigh it down or otherwise provide a way for it not to move around on the smooth garage floor.
>>
File: 1-250x250.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1-250x250.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>1077070
Not good for a punching bag, because it restricts your movement too much on the sides. When training with the bag, you must be able to switch positions around the bag as much as possible.

Might be worth it to think about something like this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.