[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tool do you use to shape inside the wood? I guess you cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What tool do you use to shape inside the wood?
I guess you cant do it with normal bandsaw

Also posting christmas DIY
Pls share some I need more ideas
>>
>>
Laser cutter if your rich,

If your poor use a luthiers bow saw and a drill.
>>
>>1076391
>>1076393

A jeweler's saw would also work, depending on availability in your area. Brownell's has them, as does Track of the Wolf. Not sure about blades for a luthiers bow saw, but there's a good selection of them for jeweler's saws, though you'd be interested in the coarsest.
>>
File: wooden-antlers.jpg (20KB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
wooden-antlers.jpg
20KB, 450x348px
How do I make Deer antlers out of wood?
>>
>>1076397
Get a big assed hunk of wood, alternatively an appropriately shaped branch, and cut away everything that doesn't look like deer antlers.
>>
>>1076397

Hit a deer with a logging truck.
>>
>>1076397
just get some real ones, then paint them a pastel blue, rough it up with sandpaper, and post a picture of it on pintrest
>>
>>1076391
>I guess you cant do it with normal bandsaw

This is where you would use a scroll saw
>>
>>1076391
Laser cut. Or what I do for custom made Christmas ornaments. Won't be doing them this year and don't have pics, but my dad bought me a old scroll saw when I was a teenager and I pulled it out of the garage when we moved. Trace and cut out the edges. Make multiple pieces in case the wood you have is crap or you are crap. Quantity to allow you a few pieces to make sure you end up with a quality piece.

Make sure you get decent blades, make sure you install them correctly, make sure you get the tension right and learn how to use it. Fuck around on a bunch of different ideas first. Learn how to use the saw correctly and what angles and curves you can and can't make. Make stress relief cuts all over. Make sure you have good light.

To do the interior cuts I drill a bunch of holes at least twice the size of the blade. And a lot of them. Undo the blade, feed it through the drilled hole, fix the blade, and get the correct tension. Make a bunch of small relief cuts, and then flesh it out.

Really find good blades for sure. I've actually used a couple of different types and went through a lot on different scroll saws now that my parents new neighbors have. Some blades work better in some saws where others don't. Tension really matters. Whenever I first started I went through blades like an idiot. But the last pack of I think were DeWalt, was a 10 pack, and I still have 8 left in it after 2 years of making over a dozen ornaments for family members. Play with it a bunch and get your craft down. Hardest ornaments I ever did were 8 point antlers that were 1 inch wide and 3 inches long. Did 4 blanks, and all those broke. Got some better wood from a local supplier and not Lowe's or whatever craft store the ole bitch dragged me to.
>>
>>1076391
Oh and for the posted pic. I guarantee that those were laser.

Mine weren't crap you bought at a store. Over the years find out what the extended family likes and each year make a unique ornament for each of them. A horse for her, a pony for her, an RV for him, antlers for him, a tractor for him, a mountain range for her, crap like that. Then after they were cut I would base coat them and then paint over them. That was the hardest and most painstakingly long part. Then burn in their name, my initials and the year on the back.

Also, I forgot to mention, cut wide so you can rasp and sand down. Wish I still had pics now that I think about it. Work has been too much this year. I normally start them in August.
>>
>>1076462
Audible kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.