[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellas, I've been thinking about making a coffee table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hey fellas, I've been thinking about making a coffee table for myself. I want to make it out of concrete, with some sort of wood in there. In my head it looks similar to pic related, but with wood in the middle instead of glass. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, or just a general coffee table thread
>>
make a mold to pour the concrete in and mill the wood out of a tree
>>
>>1076268
put coffee on a table

put concrete into coffee

drill a hole for the wood

use concrete to get the wood

then use the drill to make the legs

the table to make a glass

you can cover the concrete with table and the wood can be coffee
>>
>>1076268
this >>1076270
and dont forget, that thing will be heavy
>>
>>1076268
Every time I see one of these, I decide I want to make one.

Is the concrete top frail, or am I making stuff up in my head?
>>
>>1076424

with the right mix it will be strong.

you want a dry mix with fiberglass included, i would also add rebar as well.

another big thing is to bead the edge of the from with silicone, sharp edges/corners will chip far more easy.
>>
>>1076268
>I want to make it out of concrete
why....

wood is easy to work with and old tables can be found cheap or free
>>
look up 'diy concrete countertop' on youtube.

the process is the same, you only need a different shaped mold.

It is quite a lengthy process though.
>>
>>1076268
WHY would you want to make a table out of concrete?

It's heavy as fuck, way too easy to permanently stain, difficult to make, requires lots of skill to not come out looking like shit.

Just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
File: 20161023_144823.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161023_144823.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>1076268

If you want it to not crack you better put some sort of metal skeleton inside of it. That or completely support it by some sort of trough or something similar. Oh and you better not make the trough out of metal because it will rust out. Good luck OP!
>>
File: industrial-furniture.jpg (45KB, 570x390px) Image search: [Google]
industrial-furniture.jpg
45KB, 570x390px
>>1076493
>>1076530

maybe he wants to make something a bit different?

concrete can look fucking awesome, its true that its hard to get right but its fun to try, fuck it up then try again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.