[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you swap the live/neutral connectors on an AC motor will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: spock with earth car.jpg (52KB, 550x552px) Image search: [Google]
spock with earth car.jpg
52KB, 550x552px
If you swap the live/neutral connectors on an AC motor will it run backwards or won't it make any difference because it's AC?
>>
>>1075432
Since im first and dumb i will say it depends.

Some will, some wont, some fry.

Research or post motor numbers and manufacturer and shit and someone here can help. Gl.
>>
No difference.
>>
>>1075432
No difference since current will still flow in both directions. But it may be a safety issue.
>>
>>1075432
Usually no difference at all. Some disconnects and starters are starting to have safeties built in that won't let the load run if it's backwards.

>And then something something if 3phase is wrong, rotation is backwards. Don't know, not an electrician, I just swap them when I do start up if they are and move on.
>>
>>1075483
>>And then something something if 3phase is wrong, rotation is backwards. Don't know, not an electrician, I just swap them when I do start up if they are and move on.

Three phase is often used for large motors and is very easy to reverse. You just switch two live wires and it will drive the motor backwards.
>>
>>1075432
no that won't work
shaded pole motors will run the other way if you take them apart and flip the windings
cap-run motors can be reversed by swapping the capacitor to the other winding
>>
>>1075496
>cap-run motors can be reversed by swapping the capacitor to the other winding
interesting, thanks
>>
>>1075432
won't make a differece, you need yo inver the stator or the cage to invert the spin of the motor
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.