[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm spraying my surfboard black. I wet sanded a bit too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (31KB, 350x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 350x438px
I'm spraying my surfboard black. I wet sanded a bit too aggressively or with too low a grit after my first coat and the sand marks are showing through the second coat. Should I wet sand at a high grit? Or will the matte clear coat cover the marks? Maybe buff it? I can add another coat but would prefer not to add too much unnecessary weight.
>>
>painting your board black
>making your board look even more like a seal
enjoy your shark bite
>>
>>1072528
I've surfed with spinner, reef, hammerhead, and tiger sharks, and anything else that I haven't seen. Worst thing that happened was a guy next to me got bumped. Still freaked me out so I read up on them. They have pretty good vision but rely on smell and their electrical organ more. Visually though, they're more attracted to white and reflective colors.
>>
Ask me anything about sharks. Also see a lot of turtles, seals, and Dolphins. Whales off in the distance.
>>
>>1072676
Have you ever fucked a shark? Do their pussies look like a dolphins?
>>
>>1072681
Yes and no
>>
>>1072682
Oh wow I had to look that up. It's way fatter than I thought it would be.
>>
I just wet sanded with a finer grain and it looks good. I was worried since the sanding marks were on the first coat and I've never had that happen before, but wet sanding is forgiving.
>>
>>1072528
That would be yum yum yellow. What black gets you is a lot of melted wax and higher chance at delamination. But, OP is on the right track. Just be sure to get a clear coat over it.
>>
>>1072956
This is one of the basics of abrasives. Use a rough grit to remove the most material, then work your way up to progressively remove the damage the previous grit did until you have an acceptable surface.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.