[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have this Karcher pressure washer that's not working.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 14212000.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
14212000.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
So I have this Karcher pressure washer that's not working.
Model is K2.97.

It was in use and perfectly fine, then suddenly the motor turned off and now it won't start again

I checked the fuse in the plug, and it works fine.
I removed the outer plastic casing.

I checked the capacitor by eye. It looks ok and smells ok.
I can't hear the motor humming. I've attempted to jump start the motor by turning the fan blade with a screw driver.
For these reasons I don't think the problem is capacitor related.

Maybe a false lead, but I read online that there is some type of safety pressure switch that won't allow the motor to start unless there is pressure to the water inlet on the pump. But looking at the parts list or on the unit itself I cannot find such a switch.

Any ideas?
>>
File: 4063690_1.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4063690_1.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>1072391
Also, in the water inlet elbow for the pump there is this little switch. (Bottom right)

I have no idea what it is for.
Could it be the cause of the problem?
>>
>>1072391

take that shit back to K-Mart and buy a decent brand
>>
>>1072391
could be something as stupid as a pinched/severed power wire
>>
>>1072391
>>1072411
I have seen this on many tools that take a beating sometimes. Could even be a cable break. Simplest way to test without tools is to hook it up and wiggle the wire. Better would be measuring resistance with the multimeter. Take care though, if it resists you must shoot it.
>>
>>1072391
there is a small 'piston' that pushes against a switch, this is how it turns off when you aren't spraying as the pressure builds and pushes the switch. check the plunger isn't stuck, they are plastic and break easily ESPECIALLY if you don't put clean water through it.
seen a few where the cleaner that they fucking sell you solidifies in the plunger and jams it shut.
>>
>>1072391
Humming but won't spin sounds like a centrifugal start switch to me.

DISASSEMBLE.
>>
>>1072391
>I can't hear the motor humming.
>>1072545
>Humming but won't spin
Wow.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.