[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody ever build a Street/crank/busker organ? I am thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (15KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 300x205px
Has anybody ever build a Street/crank/busker organ?
I am thinking of building one from plans by John Smith with small wood working experience.
>>
>>1070312
you might find guides and other stuff in the internet archive
>>
test
>>
>>1070312
>ever build a Street/crank/busker organ?
No, but I've toyed with the idea.
I like the idea of making a woodwork clock, but it seems like a white elephant.
You have to wind it, keep it set, dust it It makes noise.
A wall-mounted crank organ/drum machine/music box would still have DIY clockwork, but you could just leave it alone for months if you like.
>>
I've been wanting to do it but I lack time, experience, money, and always have trouble finding materials.
The biggest problem I had was figuring out a good way to guide the air into the correct organ pipe.
I remember there being multiple ways to go around it, either you need to make a complex membrame valve or there was another way that required the are where the roll sits to be airtight but it was a lot less complex.

Also found these free plans a long time ago, they're in my native language though.
http://home.kpn.nl/h.beijer4/

And of course, to get in the mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZj2osA_8wI
>>
>>1070312
Yeah sure someone has otherwise how would they exist
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>1070312
Nigga get on orchestrion's level.

I happen to know one of the handful of people who know how restore those bad boys. His skills are insane as are those of the people that built them over 100 years ago.

No, you wont be building an organ grinder with your "small" woodworking skills. The woodworking is the easiest part.
>>
>>1070616
These things always blow my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2uvxqbUEc

Living in the Netherlands, I've seen plenty of street organs, I remember as a kid always being more interested to see what happens in the back as that's where you could see all the magic going on.
>>
>>1070906
God damn abominations is what they are. They look and sound like absolute shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.