[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a RP3ModelB, I'm running RetroPie V4.0.2(the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: piwithbox.jpg (381KB, 2048x1331px) Image search: [Google]
piwithbox.jpg
381KB, 2048x1331px
I just got a RP3ModelB, I'm running RetroPie V4.0.2(the latest i believe) I've had absolutely no problems with SNES,GBA,PSX,etc. The one thing i really want is MAME&NeoGeo, Everytime i select a MAME/NeoGeo game, i get sent back to the list of games on emustation. No error message, just fades to black then back to the menu. I've tried different emulators, different Bios, different ROMS, I even tried a different OS. I was hoping FBA would work but nothing. If anyone can suggest something to fix this, thank you! I really got this thing to play Arcade titles so its a little frustrating.
I tried /v/ and i tried /g/, they sent me to you guys, thanks again
>>
File: HILLDOG.jpg (446KB, 865x966px) Image search: [Google]
HILLDOG.jpg
446KB, 865x966px
>>
>>1067813
Is it like other formats where you need to have the NeoGeo BIOS present also?
>>
You need roms that are able to run on the software. I had to find a torrent specific to the retropie build. I had to torrent mine
>>
what version of MAME are you using?

The current version is .178 for x86/x64 builds
The latest working MAME for ARM is .037

You must get the ROM set for .037 for MAME to work properly.

Have you also followed the tutorial by copying the ROMs to a USB drive on then having them copied to the RPI?

The video on this page is actually helpful:
retropie.org.uk/documentation/installing-retropie/

I built one a couple months ago and I haven't had any major issues.
Although, I am quite linux savvy and often build MAME from source for my Windows/Linux desktop.
>>
So is this the latest powerful mini PC?

Does anything compete with this in power? I remember the first one was pretty weak
>>
First, try going into the settings for that game system, there are usually a few different emulators included for each platform. If that doesn't work, try downloading a rom for a different region.
>>
Have you been here?

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

It talks about getting the right ROMs for MAME.
>>
File: lutro.png (189KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
lutro.png
189KB, 1440x900px
Try Lakka and when using BIOS'es make sure you use those what are listed in wiki and confirm them with exact same MD5 hash as listed.

https://github.com/libretro/Lakka/wiki/BIOSes
>>
>>1069448

Quad core vs single
1.3Ghz vs 700Mhz
1GB DDR3 vs 256 DDR2
500Mhz video core vs 350Mhz

It is much more powerful, I only have a Pi2 which is slightly less beefy and it has been doing great in my living room
>>
What's a good alternative to the rasp. pi with better hardware
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.