[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /DIY, repaired my old sennheisers today with a new headphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1475878112937.jpg (3MB, 2448x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1475878112937.jpg
3MB, 2448x1710px
Hey /DIY, repaired my old sennheisers today with a new headphone jack but the levels are off. I'm no audio expert but guitar and bottom end of voices seem off, I'd guess this is treble?

What could I have done wrong to cause this, guessing it'd be the solder to the ground?

Well aware that you're all sick to death of headphone threads but I've had no luck with google and will delete the thread as soon as I've got what I need.
>>
you need gold plated connectors bro

in all seriousness you're probably right, just resolder the ground. you're likely hearing the left and right signals feeding into each other which is going to sound like an absolute mess
>>
>>1067137
Ah OK cheers man, I'm the absolute worst at soldering so a little more practice can't do me any harm
>>
File: IMAG0719.jpg (177KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0719.jpg
177KB, 1600x902px
Yeah bruv this: >>1067137

My guess is the shield (ground) wire is a nasty braided fray of a million tiny copper wires. It can be quite tricky to get those resoldered right. Make sure you get them twisted together as well as possible and then tin them with the solder. Then you just gotta be careful and solder it to the connector right. It can be messy with those braids, they're bulky.
>>
I soldered a removable jack onto my dt990s.

worked right the first time its literally just 3 solder points.

I hope you cleaned the connection and used the highest quality silver solder you could find.
>>
>>1067126
I replaced a jack on a sennheiser set of cx-300s I just used a random nickel plated jack or whatever it is. Original was gold. Noticed I lost a lot of the bass. Apparently the solder you use can also have an effect. Hope my experience helps illuminate things for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 300x227px
>>1067175
>the highest quality silver solder you could find.
Are you planning on eating it?
>>
>>1068803
>>1067137
Loads of bollocks here
>>
>>1069725
Agreed. All OP needs to do is check for continuity and shorts. It's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>1067126

First, you need a quality connector.
Then, you need to tin your wires before soldering to the connector.
Also some male connectors have shorter plugs, meaning it does not go fully to the end of the connector you plug into, which can cause issues, like loosing deiifintion, volume, ...
>>
>>1069729
Neither is it brain science
>>
File: 1473600725872.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473600725872.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>1069757
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.