[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm learning how to fix Rational Ovens (the electric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: combi-11.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
combi-11.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Hello. I'm learning how to fix Rational Ovens (the electric ones). Does anyone have experience with this and could provide some advice? Thanks.
>>
>>1066192
Ha. You're kidding.
I have a customer with one of these. The guy paid a ton of money for this overpriced combi, and it's so fucking complicated that no repair company will touch it. I tried working on it once, the thing is rediculous.

What kind of problem are you having? Did you clean the filter under the control panel? Is your cooling fan running?
>>
>>1066207
I work with a friend and even though i haven't had any problems, he's ran into some trouble. Most of the times people just don't know how to use the oven, so i download its info into a pendrive and figure out what they've been doing with it. But my friend says that he had trouble with some thermocouple. Anyway, at least i know that i'm not the only one who think these are quite complicated.
>>
>>1066316
I repair commercial equipment for a living and turn these things down. Problem is that usually the customer is a small local restaurant that won't pay for more than an hour of diagnostics, and this unit needs a few hours at minimum. My suggestion to you if you need manuals and whatnot is to visit 3wire.com or partstown.com, and if you need to know how to use it, call the manufacturer. I remember seeing that they have a number for chefs to learn how to use it. For repairs, spend a day taking it apart and learning how it works before it actually breaks, and when it starts boot cycling like I've seen them do, you'll hopefully be a few steps ahead of me with it.

BTW, the main board that goes bad when it overheats is like 600-700 IRC. Don't let that fan stop or get blocked.
>>
>>1066326
I see. Thank you, those are pretty good advices. I'll be working for Walmart, so i hope that doesn't count as "small local restaurant".
>>
>>1066373
Walmart is pretty good about repairs, basically up to like 2500 per equipment.

What are you doing for walmart?
>>
Expensive. But damn they are good!
>>
>>1066413
Exactly that, i'm repairing their Rational Ovens. So far it's been pretty easy, i download the .txt and see how people have been using the oven. Usually, they are using it wrong and that's really the problem. But i'm aware that some of it components are quite hard to repair, that's why i was asking if there's usually something that's fucked up or any other thing to have in mind.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.