[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up guys, i broke my window and need to change it, since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1443210814547.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443210814547.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I fucked up guys, i broke my window and need to change it, since it's freezing here.
It costs around 1000 dollars including the window, i feel i'm getting ripped off, and can do it much cheaper myself. How do I do this?
Do any of you have any experience with this? It should be doable
>>
Just the glas or the whole frame ?
>>
Carpenter here

Post pics so i can see whats wrong.
>>
>>1065030
Depends on the window... Single pane. Or double pane. Or triple... Basically single is pretty easy. Double is doable. And triple is lolreplacethewhole window jam.
>>
Get a staple gun, some large pieces of cardboard, and some large pieces of thick plastic.

It's a temporary fix at best.
>>
>>1065050
Add caulk and duct tape to make it permanent.
>>
>>1065407

Something tells me that it's going to create a moisture problem with the hot air of the house on one side and the cold on the outside.
>>
>>1067254
Add something to absorb the moisture, like sawdust
>>
>>1069439
Might aswell build a wall there and forget the window
>>
File: hrnnn.jpg (53KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
hrnnn.jpg
53KB, 636x421px
>>1069446
Remove house. No more hole in wall.
>>
On a serious note op, if single pane, slap a sheet of glass in it, cauk around the sides, cover with wood trim (typically quarter round).
If multi layer glass, do step one, get a small hollow needle like those used to inflate balls or such, sit the second pane on top of the needle, caulk the pane, then pump argon gas through the needle till local atmospheric pressure, then pull the needle out, and repeat till last pane, and leave the last pane with air behind it.
>>
>>1065030
Post pics. You might be able to fix it with lexan and silicone sealer.
>>
>>1065030
Well let's see some pictures, sweetheart.
>>
>>1070855
There's really no need for argon,no big difference to air, it won't convect if the space is thin enough.
OP just use air but put some desiccant in there so you don't get moisture condensing inside.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.