[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive got this pair of old goggles i tried refurbishing a few years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (649KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
649KB, 1632x1224px
Ive got this pair of old goggles i tried refurbishing a few years ago, as you can see im not exactly a master at leather work.

Id like to completely redo it but i still dont exactly know what im doing.

The band is fine but i dont know how to properly do the bridge and id like to add fur to the rims, and theirs not that many resources about this.

Any advice?
>>
File: 1.jpg (632KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
632KB, 1632x1224px
>>1065028
Back side.
>>
>>1065028
Adding fur is easy- loctite makes some adhesives specifically to bond fabrics to other materials. I've glued some leather and tested it- the leather ripped apart before the glue failed.
I have to head to work but I'll think about the nose joint and see if I can come up with something more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>1065220
And gluing the fur to a rubber channel that you can pop onto the frame might be better than gluing straight to the brass...
>>
File: fur.jpg (113KB, 790x590px) Image search: [Google]
fur.jpg
113KB, 790x590px
>>1065220
I plan on using rabbit fur since its fairly inexpensive, should i cut out a ring or just a strip of fur?
>>
>>1065233
I think a ring would look better, be sure to follow the grain- so the hair is laying in the same/opposite direction. Like hair pointing to the outside, so pointing left on one eyepiece pointing right on the other.
Cut out the center hole much smaller so you can fold/wrap it around the lip of the goggles.
>>
>>1065028
You can now be a Digimon human main character.
>>
>>1065028
Use a hot glue gun, it will hold it on tight but wont be hard to clean up if you change your mind
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.