[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have one of these metal wire garden fences that you can get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: snips.png (115KB, 1096x497px) Image search: [Google]
snips.png
115KB, 1096x497px
I have one of these metal wire garden fences that you can get at a big box store. It's bendable. The best description I could give is its maybe 10% stronger than the metal you would use to stake a 18" voting lawn sign.

Would pic related be strong enough to cut this shit? I just got a house and am getting tools so I don't mind the price. And no, I cannot simply pull the fence out of the ground (its a mess).
>>
Pic of the fence?
>>
File: fench.jpg (47KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fench.jpg
47KB, 1000x1000px
>>1063958
it's ultra shit-tier fencing like this
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001-200328.png (503KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-200328.png
503KB, 1440x2560px
>>1063953
The cheap ones with the hinge are actually pretty nice if you're making a lot of cuts. Pic related.
>>
>>1063953
Would recommend at least 9", not 8"
>>
File: wire_lg.jpg (26KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
wire_lg.jpg
26KB, 500x495px
I have these "Midwest wire rope cutters" and they would make mincemeat of any wire cutting task. They have tin snip/bolt cutter type compound leverage.

It can be a pain in the ass with those side cutters.
>>
>>1063953
Buy a small pair of bolt cutters. They will have more leverage and jaws that are likely harder. Knipex is an option (though expensive) their mini bolt cutters are designed to cut material up to like 50 HRC.

No sense buying a good pair of pliers designed for copper wire if you are going to immediately use them on steel. You risk destroying the jaws.
>>
Get a nice pair of 9" lineman pliers.
>>
$8
https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-3386-8-Inch-Heavy-Duty-Cutter/dp/B000NQ4OYO/

Or >>1063987
Or >>1063969

Don't get a normal pair of pliers. You want the extra leverage, it'll make the job go a lot easier.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.