/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any easy way to get an "up side down" wedge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: halp plz.png (7KB, 410x362px) Image search: [Google]
halp plz.png
7KB, 410x362px
Is there any easy way to get an "up side down" wedge out of a piece of wood?
It doesn't have to be pretty. I've even thought about just sawing the two diagonal edges and then using a pair of pliers to crack off the piece, but that's probably going to bring a chunk of the darker colored wood with it
>>
>>1063264
1. Cut diagonals in light wood and then glue to dark wood.

2. How wide of an opening at the surface of the light wood can you live with? You could use a dovetail router bit to cut something like this.
>>
>>1063316
It's actually a single piece of wood, my illustration is just shitty. It's part of a window.
>dovetail router bit
ah, yes. That could work. Opening size is not critical. Maybe I can find one at work.
>>
You should probably tell us what you're attempting to do bc it looks retarded but... hog out the hole with a drill and clean up the edges with a chisel. Or simply use some combination of chisel, drill or coping saw.
>>
Op get an all direction grit hacksaw blade like:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/M.-K.-Morse-HRCTCG12-Grit-Rod-Saw-12-RODSAW-BLADE/38752625?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=335&adid=22222222228026728111&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=52590892151&wl4=pla-84470947871&wl5=9010435&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830463&wl11=online&wl12=38752625&wl13=&veh=sem

Works perfectly with wood btw

Drill a hole large enough to slip the blade through

String it to your hack saw and get the rough shape, by then you should be able to slip in a straight hack saw blade or a coping saw blade and straighten out the triangle
>>
Circular saw set at a 45 degree angle.
>>
>>1063341
Yeah, after looking at dovetailing stuff, suggested by >>1063316 I saw these too. Looks pretty perfect, so thanks a bunch
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.