[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, this might seems simple to you, but I'm not that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /diy/, this might seems simple to you, but I'm not that great with electronics.

I have an emg bqc control (pic related) that i plan on using in my p bass that has a seymour duncan quarter pounder in it. I figured I'd have to use a normal 250k or 500k volume potentiometer instead of emg's recommended 25k because im using a passive pickup. My question is how do i go about wiring the bqc with a regular pot? Im not sure if the six pins correspond with the three lugs of a normal pot or if they work entirely differently. Sorry if this is a total noob question, i just have no experience with active guitar/bass electronics.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>1060751

Try the /ohm/ thread, they can help
>>
File: 1474897161339.jpg (527KB, 1616x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1474897161339.jpg
527KB, 1616x1484px
>>
>>1060751
the volume pot on their website is a normal 3 pin pot on a pcb.
i guess its 6 pin to take signal + ground and they do something with the bridge and neck pickup combining too
just tie the grounds together and put the signal through center and the other on the left or right pin depending on what way you want to turn it to make it go up.down.
>>
>>1062738

If i use this diagram should i still solder the third lug to the back of the pot and run a ground from the back of the pot to the bridge? I'm also using copper shielding tape inside the cavity. I covered the holes for the bqc control in the pickgaurd with electrical tape to avoid direct contract with the shielding, but left the volume pot alone so the shielding would be grounded.
>>
>>1064168
>should i still solder the third lug to the back of the pot
That would be fine.

>and run a ground from the back of the pot to the bridge
If that's the only ground to the bridge, okay.
Don't have more than one ground to the bridge.

If you get hum, you can always add or remove grounds to find a way to eliminate (reduce) it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.