[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've not seen a top tier shill thread for a while so, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 39

File: DCS551-M.jpg (50KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
DCS551-M.jpg
50KB, 640x544px
I've not seen a top tier shill thread for a while so, what was the last tool(s) you bought?

I bought pic related the other day, metal circular saw + 2x6ah Makita Batteries for it. Also bought a makita drill off a guy I was working with.
>>
>>1056263
Why would anyone buy a cordless circular saw?
>>
File: 14609-A[1].jpg (50KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
14609-A[1].jpg
50KB, 650x487px
>>1056263
A Rockwell Delta scroll saw, pic semi-related from Google. The previous owner had bought it in near-complete condition and it was a variable speed model too boot. Retirement light, original stand and mounts, excellent condition. It had a janky 1/3 HP motor from god knows where and the upper blade guide was missing. He paid next to nothing for it and decided to part it out instead of replace what was needed and sell it whole. By the time I find out about it he had sold the retirement light, the original stand, and the mounting bolts (they are very hard to find). It was just the base saw and the shit motor. It still had the variable speed drive though. It's still in great shape and I happen to have a NOS upper blade guard. So all I need is a good motor and I will be all set.

>In before only new, made in China and only bought by chumps tools in this thread.
>>
>>1056269
mobility ? of grid work? remote places? fast work when you dont have time setup a corded one? there is ton of aplications
>>
>>1056269
I just did. I build a house at the moment. So many times I have thought "this is an awesome machine!". Cordless is the king.
>>
>>1056269
Because sooner or later, for on-site work, you will have to use cordless tools.

If it was completely possible to replace all the tools used in a typical construction project, on-site power would be outlawed.

The portability of it is amazing and the power is really surprising.

This is of course for metal cutting only. I've used it for 3 full days at work, guessing I've made around 75-100 cuts through 40x40mm unistrut and the battery indicator is still showing 4/4 bars.

I remember when circular saws were first available as cordless tools. I bought one for wood. It was terrible. Today however, what is on the market is almost like having a corded tool.

Dewalt have released flexvolt circular and mitre saws. 60v(54) Is a massive leap in cordless tools and it does offer similar performance to corded.
>>
>>1056274
They don't make 'em like that any more.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (697KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
697KB, 3000x3000px
>>1056269
>>
>>1056269
Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>1056291

I've seen a few ads for the Flexvolt stuff - intriguing and great concept.
>>
>>1056632
I like the idea of it. Only issue with me not wanting to try it is the fact I'm too invested into makita battery platform to warrant buying into another, when in reality there will probably be something similar in years to come from them using their current LXT batteries.

However, I am I'm the market for a new sliding mitre saw and that dewalt flexvolt with the corded option looks extremely tempting.
>>
>>1056291
My blue bosch heats up it's batteries when cutting so much that charging takes quite awhile, as the charger needs to cool down the battery before it can charge it.
But I can almost, not quite, run it continuously with two 5Ah batteries, one in the charger (6A) and one running. If it just wouldn't suck so much juice that it heats up.

Oh, well. Usually I need the saw for moments, not constantly, but it's nice to know that it can take the abuse.

It won't run with 2Ah batteries. The voltage just sags too much and boy do THOSE batteries heat up. It's nice to have a charger that actively cools the batteries with a fan!
>>
>>1056714
I have a Bosch 18v grinder and I managed to burn a battery out. Bosch have really missed the mark on their battery tools I feel.

I've had the grinder for years and it's been solid but the batteries aren't great. The cool pack batteries were much better but even those aren't fantastic.
>>
DeWalt or bust
>>
>>1056930
DeWalt and bust is more like it.
You shills need to work a little harder to convince us your mediocre tools have suddenly stopped being shit in the last year or so.
>>
>>1056714
>>1056723

If you find that the tools rip, cut and grind faster than others, then that explains it.

My ryobi grinder and power saw have Incomparible power to the makita, bosch, dewalt and so on counterparts but they hardly heat the batteries. Only the grinder can heat it up to the point where the charger has to wait 2 mins.
>>
>>1056938

Ryobi.

Medicore

Harbor freight price.

Lasts at least 2 years of semi pro use the tropics where anything steel rusts within 6 hours. I'll let You guys know when they start dying.
>>
Im looking to start getting some power tools for projects and working on some stuff around the house.
Im by no means going to put the tools through a terrible amount of abuse.
That said i want some stuff that will last and i wont have to keep replacing so im willing to pay more for quality.
I want to simplify things by getting mostly battery stuff and want to keep it in the same ecosystem so i dont have to keep track of half a dozen different chargers and batteries.

Ive seen some teardowns of makita tools and they seem pretty nice. Would the 18v line be a good investment or are there better alternatives out there?

Also how difficult are these things to service?
>>
>>1056938
>last year
oh I see

I am using my father's, he got it 20 years ago and it performs very well, so I have no idea how new ones are

>>1056947
Ryobi is the best brand for disposable tools. 3 years is my upper limits of absolutely no maintenance and dumping them in a shed after use
>>
Last power tool I bought.

From the moment I've had it it instantly became my most used tool. I use it to blow all the sawdust out of the garage as well as clean the dust and shit from the interior of the car, to starting up the charcoal for the bbq, to drying the car after a wash. Everyone should have one of these. I have a much more powerful Toro corded blower as well, but I never realized how much the cord dissuaded me from using it for these practical purposes until I got this Makita.
>>
>>1056974
At this point a lot of the bigger brands are about the same on quality and performance with some brands excelling in some areas and other brands in others.

I use Makita simply because ive used them for years without issue, so I've built on what I've got and use over the years.

As for serviceability, their newer brushless tools should require very little if any servicing. Brushes need replacing from time to time but that said, I have makita drills from the 80s with the original brushes in them.
>>
>>1057003
I've considered getting the portable dust extractor that's very similar to this.
>>
File: dewrdw713r_a[1].jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dewrdw713r_a[1].jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Is the Dewalt 10 inch miter saw any good?
>>
File: spin_prod_817368812[1].jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_817368812[1].jpg
102KB, 800x800px
Craftsman 12 inch miter saw for $150 on my local craigslist

Good or not?
>>
>>1057140
We don't get craftsman in the UK but I'd say 150 of anything is expensive for a standard mitre saw that isn't new.
>>
>>1057104
ive had some problems with them. used 3 differnet ones one that was 2 years old, one that was 3-4 years old but barely used and one brand new, went with the guy who bought it ant cut the first pieces of wood on it.

the problem was that they were all out of square, even after adjustments they would start cutting out of square( the sawblade not in 90* with the back fence.

we were making furniture and drawers on it,and it would "fall out of square" by 1mm pr 200mm wide piece.

maybe its alright if not accuracy and precise cutting is not that important.
>>
>>1056284
this.

just bought a similar model and its really efficient on the building site. maybe the best tool Ive ever bought,
>>
>>1056938
Are you the same guy who melted down last time somebody mentioned dewalt in a cordless tool thread?
>>
>>1057252
You need to tighten the bolts holding down the detent plate tight. Very very tight. As tight as they come from the factory. As long as you do this it will not come out of square.

I have the same miter saw and it is a very accurate machine.
>>
>>1057104

I don't know about the 10-inch (and others have answered) but I just bought a 12-inch (DWS709 - $399) and it works great. I used it to put in ~400sqft of engineered hardwood in my living room, sitting and bar area and had to make a bunch of notch cuts everywhere. It's quite square - the quarter round went down near perfect (for the angle cuts).
>>
>>1057572
hmm, yes. if i had a penny every time someone told me this...

we sure did tighten the bolts, on the last one (the new one from the factory) we overtightened them, but still no luck.
i have talked to a lot of guys who doesnt have this problem with the saw.
im starting to believe that its a fair chance it could be a transport or storage issue, if someone hit it, if its at the bottom of a pile or something like that
>>
>>1057677
Could be a manufacturing issue. Something might be weeble wobbling in the gearbox. Could be as simple as a bearing or as shitty as some bad machining. Wont know until you get her apart.
>>
>>1057677
You'll have to send it back to the chink overlords and ask for a real skookum choocher.
>>
File: 58131-gude-deltacsiszolo-ds-160.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
58131-gude-deltacsiszolo-ds-160.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1056263
just bought a delta hand sander from Gude i was suprised how well it works
i thinking about to get a biger one probably get the other types like belt and excetric ones
>>
>>1057859
Guangzhou charlie musta had too much hooch before his shift at the dewilt plant.
>>
>>1057590

>engineered hardwood
>implied difficulty

You might as well tell us how difficult it was to blink your eyes a couple times today
>>
>RIDGID 10 in. Sliding Compound Miter Saw

Just picked this bitch up the other day.

Home depot didn't have the model I wanted and got them to sell me this one for $200. Solid saw so far. I built a couple cabinets the other day and some baseboards. Definitely love the feel of it, but Im not exactly a fan of how long it takes to spin up to cutting speed. What do you do though...

All things considered, I'd buy it again.
>>
>>1058071
That miter detent looks awkward to use.
>>
File: pcbnpcl212idc-2.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pcbnpcl212idc-2.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>1056263
got this for a hundo on sale. 1/4 impact, 3/8 drill, two 12v lithium packs, charger, and a handy dandy tote. mostly use the impact and it has as surprising amount of ass behind it for only being rated at 80 ftl bs
>>
>>1057859
>>1058053
fuck off ave, you fack
>>
>>1057416
If you want a meltdown, just mention that Milwaukee makes good cordless tools.
>>
>>1058210
>Wilfukyee

Pahahahaha.
>>
>>1058071
The table design to me seems odd not having a square edge. Does that rounded edge not make things awkward?
>>
>>1058195
I have that set it's great, the batteries charge up pretty quick too
>>
File: bigdrill[1].jpg (168KB, 602x801px) Image search: [Google]
bigdrill[1].jpg
168KB, 602x801px
>>1056993
So mid 1990s? That was right after Black & Decker renamed their "professional" line of tools to DeWalt. I think they were still made in the USA back then. Not nearly as good as their old aluminum bodied drills, pic related, but decent. Then again, who can compare to a hand drill with a 5/8th inch chuck and a 2/5th HP motor. It's basically a portable drill press.
>>
>>1058213
So far, not really. I really only use it once or twice a month for a few hours each time so I haven't gotten to know it that well yet.
>>
How steep are the discounts for tools on Black Friday?

I'm debating between buying new power tools next month or a 3D printer. Good 3D printers don't seem to get a serious discount on Black Friday so I'm heavily leaning towards that.
>>
>>1058195
>he bought 12v tools in 2016
>>
>>1058394
I'm OP.

Actually I bought a 10.8(US 12)v makita brushless CXT drill last month and it's one if the best pieces of kit I've had in a while. The power is really surprising, light as a feather and the batteries last well.

>>1058384
You know, I see the threads, I see YouTube videos, I do research and until now I've not found a single reason for the average home DIYer/Maker to have or need one. I'd buy a CNC such as the inventibles ANY day over a 3D printer. Far more useful.
>>
>>1058394
As opposed to buying them 15 years ago when they used Nicad batteries?

12v tools are actually useful and not shit nowadays.
>>
>>1058437
>I'd buy a CNC such as the inventibles ANY day over a 3D printer. Far more useful.

What a useful quip.
Ignore the fact that one costs quadruple what the other one does.
>>
>>1058437
> can create structures literally impossible to make prior to 3d printing
> not a single reason
>>
>>1058481

And where would the average DIY'er/maker use these structures that were "literally impossible", what ever the fuck that means, use them?

>>1058463
>Quadruple

Compare bed sizes and compare how much more useful one would be to make parts to the other. It's nothing like quadruple.

I really do think you're comparing a 3D printer with a bed no bigger than the average dinner plate to a CNC bed thats somewhere near and beyond 1m2.

The most basic set up for the 1000mm xcarve is around $1700. I've seen various sites talking about 1000mm 3D print beds from 20 to 40k.
>>
>>1058437
CNC's don't seem to get a discount either.
>>
>>1058513
Impossible structures mean structures that have internally encapsulated structures

Also, the great part of a 3d printer is creating things you need but can't get in a very quick time

Like the other day I needed some C batteries so I printed up some adapters to allow my AA batteries to fit in a C slot, it was after midnight so I couldn't get any C batteries so I quickly printed some up and it took less than 30 minutes
>>
>>1058680
Or you could have folded up some aluminum foil, stacked some pennies or cut bits from a soda can with some scissors and down the same thing in about 15 seconds. I've made D cell adapters for AAAs using a toilet paper tube, some foil, and scotch tape. They are still in my MagLite 5 years later.

I'm not saying 3D printers don't have their place, it is just that they aren't always the best solution to the problem. There are simpler ways.
>>
>>1058513
>The most basic set up for the 1000mm xcarve is around $1700. I've seen various sites talking about 1000mm 3D print beds from 20 to 40k.

Good job, no mental gymnastics here.
Im sure >>1058384 is looking to buy a $20k printer this coming black friday.
>>
So I just attempted repairs on this impact and the original battery. It gave me four heavy usage years.

I replaced a burned out switch and the impact runs again... but there's arcing inside the drill. So the burned switch may have been secondary to other problems.

I swapped the cells in the battery and it holds charge and works accordingly with the charger... but it won't start any of my tools.

Frustrating repairs for sure.
>>
>>1058685
>I'm not saying 3D printers don't have their place, it is just that they aren't always the best solution to the problem

Since they arent perceived to be the "best" for unknown problems we havent talked about, they arent worth buying?

But what would you know about home printing, you are literally talking about needing a 1000mm print bed.
>>
>>1058709
>but there's arcing inside the drill

Needs brushes
Dunno what to tell you about your battery woes
>>
>>1056269
seems great for stealing bikes
>>
>>1059131
>circular saw
>stealing bikes

Its not a cordless angle grinder
>>
>>1059206
>he hasnt put a metal blade on his circular saw
>>
File: Portaband.png (180KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
Portaband.png
180KB, 520x520px
>>1059131
Portaband is better.
>>
File: tablesaw.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tablesaw.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>1059216
Portatablesaw is even better-er, pleb.
>>
>>1059223
>Portatablesaw
If you want to get caught, sure.
>>
>>1059226
>Bike owner comes running after you
>Pick up saw and hold it like a shield
Alternatively
>Flip saw over, turn it on, and ride off into the sunset
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Last tools I'll need to buy for a while...
>>
>>1058711
I installed protected lithium cells. They disconnect when under a a heavy load like a power tool. *facepalm*

Thanks for the brush heads up.
>>
>>1058265
im not expert but I did buy tools in the 90's and I think that is way older than the 90's.
>>
>>1059766
Clearly. Even your reading comprehension is at the amateur level.
>>
>>1059223
That thing is going to be a piece of complete garbage
>>
>>1058709
The impact uses brushes. You can get replacement brushes for a couple bucks
>>
>>1059227
Haven't laughed like that while shitting in a public bathroom since before I was medicated
>>
>>1059239
>paslode
>pass over that load
Sounds about right
>>
>>1059960
I'll see if I can get to them. They're inside of a $25 part. The entire working impact is only $40.

http://www.partswarehouse.com/Ryobi-Assembly-Motor-Pinion-RY-230081019-p/ry-230081019.htm
>>
>>1059206
I can guarantee that circular saw is quicker, quieter and cleaner than a battery angle grinder.

Source: first hand experience with both.
>>
>>1059801
I thought this too but according to a lot of the shill pages on Instagram it's brilliant. I'd never buy one because I'm not that desperate that I need a cordless table saw.
>>
>>1060019

They are generally really easy to get to. They are wear items and are expected to fail within xxx hours of use.'

Many of the larger tools have dedicated "windows" to get to brushes alone where are smaller tools are easy enough just to pull in half.
>>
>>1059801
Look closely

That's one of those new 60V flex tools

It can run on ac or dc
>>
You guys are faggots
>>
File: amolatrola.jpg (44KB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
amolatrola.jpg
44KB, 1000x737px
>>1056263
this machine is very good
>>
>>1056291
>on-site power would be outlawed

how would you charge your batteries?
>>
>>1060801
Thanks for informing me
>>
File: 9067_7851382.jpg (110KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
9067_7851382.jpg
110KB, 900x599px
This guy.
Was reluctant because too few reviews of it exist on the web, but ended up being a fucking beaut.
Kijiji'd this bitch for 70 bucks, box not even opened. The model retails at 220ish

Cast frame instead of folded sheet steel, good weight to keep vibrations down.
Lamp on a flexible neck.
Blow nozzle on a flexible neck (but too weak to be of any use)
Designed to be easily carried (I don't have a workshop per se, but a tool storage shed and a work area outside the shed)

What I don't like:
The plastic insert got mangled off the first time the blade slipped off the wheel. Won't survive without replacing, likely with better material than plastic.
The bed doesn't square perfectly, needs tweaking.
The table extension, when not telescoped out, blocks the front face of the housing from opening. Big deal, 10 seconds, but it's annoying.

Still very happy with this buy.
>>
File: Craftsman-band-saw.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Craftsman-band-saw.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>1060831
Forgot to mention how dead quiet it is.
>>
File: image_9318.jpg (19KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image_9318.jpg
19KB, 450x450px
I'm constantly buying used tools at flea markets and pawn shops.

The most recent thing I got is a barely used Metabo W14-150 Ergo 6" angle grinder for $60.
>>
File: battery-bank.gif (52KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
battery-bank.gif
52KB, 600x849px
>>1060812

You'd obviously do it at home or by using 'off site' battery-banks.

That said, all of my batteries are 5 or 6ah and I have 11 all in so it's unlikely I run out of charged batteries in the week at work so they just get charged at home.
>>
>>1060860
I fucking LOVE my Metabo. Get a box of 6" cutting disks online or from your local welding supply. You can grind precisely with the edge.

I've cut truck axles, 3/8" plate and much more and I'm still on the original brushes. My machinist bro does manage to wear them out but his fab shop runs them hard and lesser brands die much quicker.

Ereplacementparts has parts if you need them.
>>
>>1060955
I already ordered 25x Type 1 cutoff discs (0.045" thick), a wire wheel, and 5x 1/4" thick Type 27 grinding wheels.

I have two 4.5" grinders already with a variety of discs (zip discs, flap wheels of various grits, wire cup, 1/4" type 27) but I couldn't pass this deal up.

I don't even use my grinders that much.
>>
I need small table top sized Drill press for drilling Lock wire holes in bolts/bolt heads. If I had the room I'd get a full size stand but work space is at a premium.

Which ones don't suck?
>>
>>1061060
They are all going to blow for what you are trying to do. They all arent stiff enough, and the minimum RPMs will be far too fast.

Also most are just redbadged ones. There are like 3-4 models with like 25 different names.
You are going to pay a lot for a decent non imported one
>>
>>1061060
Anything JET but it'll cost you a fortune.
>>
>>1060955

>and I'm still on the original brushes

I like how people think this is a sign of reliability.

Brushes are wear items. If you are on the original bunch then it simply shows how little you use the item.
>>
>>1061257
>implying good quality brushes last the same amount of time as cheap low carbon brushes

You're talking about Metabo. It's a good quality brand regardless of your nonsensical speech about brushes.
>>
>>1061476

Lol you're so upset, you can't even decide what point you want to prove.
>>
>>1061486

I'm not upset. I'm not bothered. I don't need to prove anything because I've upgraded most of my daily-use tools to brush less anyway.

Just so it's clear, there are such a thing as good and bad quality brushes. Some will outlast others.

There are such things as good and bad quality brands. Some will outlast others.

Your defense if pretty obvious, almost like a crutch for someone who's wrong but just can't accept it. Welcome to DIY, kid.
>>
>>1060831
I have the harbor freight version and it is wonderful

Cuts aluminum like butter and very silent, I wish the vacuum port was a little smaller though
>>
>>1061257
>Brushes are wear items. If you are on the original bunch then it simply shows how little you use the item.

I use it fairly heavily but not at the daily use rate of a fab shop.

I also maintained a fleet of angle grinders when I ran a welding school toolroom which included those and similar Metabos. Those got daily student abuse and Metabos did superbly.

Brush wear on quality modern brushes isn't rapid, with the exception of tile workers who get grout in their tools.
>>
File: 61Fyly0mXZL._SL1000_.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61Fyly0mXZL._SL1000_.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
Just gave away shekels for this.
>>
>>1062677
Nice, though I think there is a third party that makes chargers as well for makita batteries
>>
>>1063833
Might sound some what silly, but at the price batteries are, I'd rather use genuine chargers.
>>
>>1063853
Get some of these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019GQ9XI8/ref=psdcmw_552354_t3_B00BVXBKJ0
>>
>>1063855

Well I've got 2x3ah, 5x5ah and 2x6ah - With the combined price I've already paid, I'd rather use the genuine chargers.

The 3ah batteries just don't really interest me.
>>
>>1063868
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X5MNWQY?psc=1
>>
File: paslode.jpg (228KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
paslode.jpg
228KB, 1200x1200px
PASLODE
A
S
L
O
D
E

Bang!
>>
File: 61igfHIxJEL._SL1500_.jpg (83KB, 1500x476px) Image search: [Google]
61igfHIxJEL._SL1500_.jpg
83KB, 1500x476px
Knipex round pliers.
>>
>>1063949
What do you use these for?
>>
File: 140curlingWpliers.jpg (49KB, 462x458px) Image search: [Google]
140curlingWpliers.jpg
49KB, 462x458px
>>1063956
Pic related.

>>1063903
While they have 4/5 a lot of reviews suggest these die quite quickly. Have you used them?
>>
>>1063956
Bending wire for the most part. Small loops and hooks.
>>
>>1063961
Yeah, quick is relative though

If you are a home gamer then it lasts forever, if you are trying to use it in industry it's not worth it
>>
>>1058437
I sort of agree with you, 3D printers are overhyped. I always cringe when I see someone make a final product with a 3D printer instead of making it from sheets or tubes or whatever.
>>
>>1064023

Oh, no, I'm a daily users. All the batteries I've bought so far are genuine and I've had no problems with any of them.

>>1064161

According to Jimmy D, some upstart is making a home water jet cutter. Between one of those and CNC, regardless of cost 3d Printing is pointless.

I can't remember if it was this thread or another but someone said it's possible to make structures with a 3D printer that have no other method of manufacture which is completely false.

For example, one of the most advanced methods I've seen for manufacturing anything is implemented by RollsRoyce as part of their jet engine manufacture process - turbine blades. It's interesting if you want to look it up. No 3D printing required. One example, I know but there is literally nothing I can think of that you would use a 3D printer for that couldn't be made using another method.
>>
File: 1299592.jpg (113KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1299592.jpg
113KB, 630x420px
>>1064172
To be fair, the poster probably meant things like pic related, things for which you can't really make a mold and things you can't carve out of a block because the pieces are behind each other, and would take a gorillion hours to make from little rods by hand. Obviously these are retarded structures that have no practical use.
>>
>>1064179
Well, you said it yourself. Beyond sitting there and looking pretty it serves no other purpose, so if you can justify the cost and time spent on a 3D printer for the sake of unusable objects, I'd say it's ideal for you.
>>
>>1064161
3D printers aren't overhyped, they are awesome TOOLS when they aren't owned by a moron.

What is overhyped is how "easy" it is to use one. People buy a 3D printer and think they can make anything now. The truth is that 97% of them can only make what they can download. Most people don't even know enough to keep their machine running.

3D printers without 3D CAD skills are paper weights.
>>
>>1064197
>3D printers aren't overhyped, they are awesome TOOLS when they aren't owned by a moron.

Don't be daft, mate.
>>
>>1064197
They are over-hyped in the sense that I see many youtubers using 3D printers for everything, even when using conventional means would have been better (e.g. Ben Heck 3D printing a case, instead of just making one from plastic or metal sheets). Or when I see some retard commenting on a video of a project something like "Oh yeah nice project, and you could 3D print <thing that shouldn't be 3D printed> and attach it to do X and Y". It's the same crowd that wants to use an arduino for even the most basic of electronics projects.
>>
>>1064182
>Beyond sitting there and looking pretty it serves no other purpose, so if you can justify the cost and time spent
Sounds like my last girlfrind.
>>
>>1064172
>>1064197
They're great for actual prototyping. I work in the performance automotive industry and a bunch of our suppliers use them for fit testing and stuff like that. They're particularly good for parts that will eventually be injection molded or cast, like turbo components and intake parts, especially when they have to mate with factory parts.
>>
Milwaukee 9ah Sawzall kit and impulse driver kit @ HD soon. Can't wait.
>>
>>1064689
Those 9ah batteries look the part but far too expensive in my opinion to pay off.
>>
>>1064172
Daily user and industrial user are two very different things

Daily means "i may spend an hour using this tool a day" industrial means "i will use this tool solidly for at least 10 hours a day 7 days a week in ways engineers have nightmares about and when I'm done the tool will wish it were dead, and when it finally dies I'll just replace it with another which will be promptly thrown at the wall repeatedly to 'wear it in'"
>>
>>1064731
I'd say I'm nearer industrial user then. Not quite as I don't work weekends and they don't pay me enough to do 10 hours a day.
>>
>>1064707
Well, it's a kit. A $200 (nearly) Sawzall + 9ah battery + $60 charger for $250. Like getting the battery for free.
>>
>>1064896

You're certainly not getting the battery for free. If anything you're getting a discounted charger and tool and a battery at cost price.
>>
>>1062677
I have this, its great, the USB charger output is a nice bonus..

Latest actual tool was a cheap Bayer drywall sander...improved my life immeasurably.
>>
>>1065047
Had it arrive yesterday. It was well worth the money.
>>
>>1056291
Why on earth would on site power be outlawed? That's just silly.
>>
>>1065071

The steel cutting shed would probably need 42 6ah batteries and 2 6 gang fast chargers.

Those bitches will cook and you would likely see a Li explosion at some point.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 282x179px
>>1065071

Yes. To you and I it is just silly. To Health And Safety types and Money men it's an avoidable expense. It carries higher risk of injury than battery powered and in turn stands a higher cost for insurers.

Money is the top and bottom of it.

>>1065077
See pic.

First 9" battery angle grinder. I give it no more than 10 years before 110v site power is no longer needed for anything other than space heaters and heat guns.
>>
>>1065079
But there isn't any higher risk at all. Probably less since you have definitely consistent power.
>>
>>1065083
You're arguing with the wrong person, that's the way it is; you should say that to your insurance firm next time you renew your liability cover. They'll laugh at you and raise your premium anyway.
>>
>>1065084
Why would the insurance companies think that? They don't, and won't, start charging more for corded tools. If anything they'd charge a ton more for keeping potentially explosive closets of batteries on site.
>>
>>1065079

Upping the grinder is not upping the battery capacity.
>>
>>1056269
It beats carrying around 110v transformers when you're on site.
>>
>>1065260
>Cutting steel
>4-1/2" Angle grinder

You're moving the goal posts. There hasn't been a 9" battery grinder up until now. There's no limit to the amount of batteries you can buy.

>>1065251
Can I ask, you do have to buy liability insurance at all? Do you have people that subcontract to you that you have to have insurance in place for?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161004-220339.png (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161004-220339.png
507KB, 1920x1080px
>>1065251
Maybe because it's statistically more likely you will die from electrocution than you would an exploding battery.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/industry/construction/
>>
>>1057104
>Is the Dewalt 10 inch miter saw any good?
Works fine for me. Never had an issue.

My new toy is pic related:Ryobi "Corner Cat" finish sander.
$22 at Home Depot after military discount.
Cheaper than generic shit at Harbor Freight.
Haven't used it yet.
Anybody know anything about it?
>>
File: 205105595-pod1.jpg (114KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
205105595-pod1.jpg
114KB, 1000x1000px
>>1065345
Oops, forgot pic
>>
>>1065332
Yes actually, I'm in the office of a major carpentry company in my city. Most of our tools are air powered or corded, only very limited cordless.

>>1065339
Which isn't liable to happen because of a corded tool. OSHA is pretty thorough with cord inspection. It's hitting existing power you have to worry about.
>>
>>1065354
>OSHA

You should have said and I've have understood where you are coming from a little better.

>899 deaths in the US in 2014
>74 electrocution
>>
>>1065374
Electrocution is a problem, but not from corded tools. It's from much much higher power lines.
>>
>>1065596

...you presume?

Regardless of what it is, the fact that in US there were 74 deaths in one year from electrocution suggests the attitude toward electrical safety is a joke.

Granted in the UK H&S can seem somewhat over the top at times but there numbers make it clear why.
>>
>>1065605
>in US there were 74 deaths in one year from electrocution suggests the attitude toward electrical safety is a joke.

Not really.
There are 319 million people living here, and there were 130,557 injury deaths in 2013.
In 2014, almost 32 THOUSAND people died of unintentional falls.
Seventy four people is a lot of folks if you have to meet them all individually, but in a country this size, it's a very small number.

As for the UK, quick Google search turned up this:
http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/news-and-campaigns/policies-and-research/statistics/
> Low voltage electrocutions and fatal electrical burns in GB from low voltage electricity supplies (2010 data)(i)
>Total: 28
The UK has a population of 64 million.

74/319,000,000 = 0.232 per million
28/64,000,000 = 0.438 per million
>>
>>1065645
>2010

This is old data. The new data from the HSE which is more reliable to begin with puts the figure at 16 deaths in the last 5 years.

The figure of 74 deaths(2014) is in 1 year.
>>
>>1065650
So how did you go from 28 per year (low lovtage only) to about 3 per year total?
I suspect you're comparing jobsite electrocutions in the UK to total electrocutions in the US.
In any case 74 per 319 million is a very small number, less than one in 4 million.
Plus you guys don't refrigerate your eggs, so there's that.
>>
>>1065332

Obviously you didnt read my post properl. The issue is with the batteries and not the tool.
>>
>>1065657
What issue?
>>
>>1065654
No. Just construction.

Construction's "Fatal Four"

>Out of 4,386 worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2014, 899 or 20.5% were in construction-that is, one in five worker deaths last year were in construction. The leading causes of private sector worker deaths (excluding highway collisions) in the construction industry were falls, followed by electrocution, struck by object, and caught-in/between. These "Fatal Four" were responsible for more than half (60.6%) the construction worker deaths in 2014, BLS reports. Eliminating the Fatal Four would save 545 workers' lives in America every year.

>Falls — 359 out of 899 total deaths in construction in CY 2014 (39.9%)
Electrocutions - 74 (8.2%)
Struck by Object - 73 (8.1%)
Caught-in/between* - 39 (4.3%)
(*This category includes construction workers killed when caught-in or compressed by equipment or objects, and struck, caught, or crushed in collapsing structure, equipment, or material)

https://www.osha.gov/oshstats/commonstats.html

As for the UK:

Years fro. 2010 to 15 total 16 fatalities as a result with contact with electricity, in the construction industry

http://www.hse.gov.uk/Statistics/industry/construction/index.htm
>>
>>1065659

i can see you have never used a cordless grinder. They go through batteries almost as quick as the zip blades.

You'll have bank of batteries on charge all the time and that kind of heavy use is going to lead to issues
>>
>>1065665
Well I own two but sure. I've never used a cordless grinder, does that make you feel better?
>>
>>1065667

:3
>>
>>1065669
You do know I was being sarcastic? I hope you do.
>>
>>1065677

>hurrr I must always have the last laugh

Dread, when you are being sarcastic and the next guy gets sarcastic back there really is nowhere else to go. Thing done.
>>
>>1065662
OK, but what's that in per-man-hour?
>>
File: milwaukee-sawzall-6538-21.jpg (12KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
milwaukee-sawzall-6538-21.jpg
12KB, 500x199px
$44.99 at a pawn shop with a hard case
>>
>>1065790
Work it out?
>>
File: hand-drill.jpg (21KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
hand-drill.jpg
21KB, 400x267px
I'm not even kidding.

I got this and some other second hand tools for about 10 quid at a second hand shop near me that specialises in diy tools and such. Awesome place.
>>
File: 71jeNHnZH8L._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71jeNHnZH8L._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
99 canadian pesos

impact driver is ok but drill is shit, chucks wobling like theres no tomorrow
>>
>>1066241
went with the tiny rigid set.

>topkek

Full size 18v rigid or go home.
>>
>>1067358
>2016
>Still unable to spell the company's name correctly.
Underage or under educated detected.
>>
>>1066168
Overpaid by about 10 quid
>>
Fuck japs, kraut tool are the best
>>
>>1067459

Not really. They're just really over priced. A lot of what the Gerrmans do now in power tools is just add things and re-invent what the Japs are already doing.
>>
>>1066168
Next time you drill stainless steel use the hand drill

It works so much better
>>
>>1058210
They actually make good cordless tools
>>
>>1068017
Yeah. TTI take their Ryobi branded tools and they put them inside a different plastic case with Milwaukee on the side of it.
>>
File: 61V+UGIkMuL._SL1236_.jpg (106KB, 1236x776px) Image search: [Google]
61V+UGIkMuL._SL1236_.jpg
106KB, 1236x776px
Anyone else have this set? I've never seen anyone else using it, I think i'm the only person that ever bought one. I have buyers remorse sometimes when I use a coworkers makita set. My panasonic has more power, but the makita is definitely a better value and has a bigger variety of cordless tools I'd use. Especially that makita mini sawzall you can use with one hand.
>>
>>1068081
Many many years ago I used a Panasonic cordless rotary hammer drill and I thought, wow, this thing is terrible. It was heavy and unergonomic and over heated terribly.

Since then I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen panaso on site.

Just remember though, if you paid more for it, it has to be better. It's just science. More power more better.
>>
>>1068081
The only tradesman i see using panasonic or hitachi are our painters and they only use them to take apart doors and cabinets.

I haven't seen either in big box stores or even in our local tool supply stores
>>
>>1068040
Just like DeWalt is rebadged Black and Decker?
>>
>>1068081
No I doubt anyone else bought that.
Guys its so simple, cordless Makita combo or a 110v Bosch sds rotary hammer. That's your two options. Unless your a chippie then you are allowed a Makita sds.
Impacts, screw drivers, 10v yada yada are toys not tools.
I don't live in America so I don't know the brands so sue me.
>>
>>1068102
A lot of half truths. The 10v bit made sense 10 years ago. Not today. Lithium and brushless combined make the 10.8v platform a viable option for tradesmen.
>>
>>1068081
didnt know panasonic makes powertools
people buying mostly comon brands like Makita, Bosh, DeWalt etc. Hobbyst and people not from trade buy cheaper chink brands
You can get them mostly servised everywhere or buy replasment parts etc.
>>
>>1068106
shame they look ridiculous. can they even stand on their own?
>>
>>1068083
I had an old 14v panasonic hammer drill, it last forever and had more than enough power. That's the reason I bought this set when the other one finally crapped out. They are definitely heavier than other brands.

>>1068087
I've never seen one in a box store either. There's a mom and pop tool store by me that is a panasonic dealer.

The biggest job I used my cordless for was to drill a 1" hole through a 4" thick concrete church floor. Went right through.

>>1068102
I have a 120v Bosch sds, it's a great drill. It goes through anything I throw at it. I use it when the cordless just won't cut it.

If I had to do it again, I'd get Makita for sure. The small sawzall they make is nice and light. You can operate it with one hand without straining yourself. Perfect for cutting conduit. I'm jealous I can't get one for my panasonic.
>>
>>1067587
I have 2 12v drills, one bosch and one makita

the bosch is clearly superior

I year and already had to fix my makita, the bosch is two years old and still works like the fist day
>>
>>1068601

You know, I'm just going to say this because I know where it will end up going if it carries on but, I've used makita for decades without a single fault and Bosch cordless drills are the worst I've ever had the misfortune of using. Terrible.

Does it matter? Not really.
>>
>>1068606
>>1068601

Despite what anyone says they are all hit and miss.

According to my experiences with Puke green ryobi they have been the most reliable brand I have ever used. Though I have seen people mention that the angle grinders literally melt brushes out of the body.
>>
>>1068613
True dat about Ryobi Angle grinders. Mine saw a grand total of 3 hours of use before breaking. Just upgraded to a Stanley. (Sponsored)
>>
>>1068614
>(Sponsored)

Haha, found the youtube shill. We prefer opinions from people who pay for their shit.
>>
>>1068614

>True dat about Ryobi Angle grinders. Mine saw a grand total of 3 hours of use before breaking.

See? Yet I use an older blue and red 7inch to cut concrete and stone and a cordless 4 1/2 inch for quick cuts often and I haven't even had a hiccup.
>>
>>1057140
I've got a craftsman 10 inch and been using it as the secondary saw about 5 years ago (still gets a lot of daily use). It has a later, double mitre and bevel.

Definitely worth the money I paid for it.
>>
>>1057104
Yes
Its one of the few things Dewalt makes well
>>
>>1059216
Seconded being a plumber it is great for making straight guts on galvanized pipes that need to be threaded
>>
>>1068613
>>1068614
Only angle grinder you should be using is makita.
>>
>>1056269
I just bought my first corded circular saw.

My next purchase is a cordless circular saw. For the same reason I have a corded and cordless angle grinder and eventually, a corded and cordless Sawzall (currently have cordless and it's worked better than I could have expected).

Sometimes, I'm working in one place and have access to power for my extension cord, other times, I do not, or only need to make one or two cuts, or need to make numerous small cuts over the span of a large area. In those cases, cordless works marvels.
>>
>>1060860
>I'm constantly buying stolen tools at flea markets and pawn shops

ftfy
>>
>>1056263
my dad was a cabinet maker for 30 years. He always swore by makita except for routers where he preferred porter-cable.
>>
>>1068809
>back when makita was made in japan and porter cable was made in america
>>
>>1057104
the new sliding compound miter 20v is pretty dope. unless you are framing its good
>>
>>1068832
>20v
>20v
>20v
>20v
>20v

When will this end?

>>1059216
>>1068774
>Caught the meme
>>
>>1068087
I've found Hitachi to get significantly better over the last couple years

Seriously

I have a Hitachi angle grinder that's on par with my matabo
>>
>>1068819
Some Makita stuff is still made in Japan. Just recently picked up a Makita 18V brushless 1/2" drive impact that was made in Japan
>>
>>1068819
Makita has always made a lot of their stuff in the USA
>>
>>1068859
Is it the big one or the small one? I have the DTW281 and love it.

>>1068860
Makita have manufacturing in almost every country they have a decent market share in. Even here in the UK.
>>
>>1068879
Another reason makita is GOAT
>>
>>1065605
>UK H&S can seem over the top

New Zealander here and fuck this shit. You are exporting all your H&S beauracrats and tiny dick morons over here to make our lives hell, but all that's happening is ass covering and wanking each other off. None of this shit makes anyone any safer.

I was told I couldn't bring a fucking LADDER onto a site the other day because they cause 'too many accidents'.

So they rolled out some mobile scaffolding bullshit which takes 10 minutes at least to take apart and put together everytime you need to go through a door or down stairs or FUCKING ANYWHERE THATS NOT A FLAT SURFACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. not to mention they only had a limited number so you have to fucking share them with other cunts who are raging cause they have shit to get done.

I even had a guy walk onto my private property where we are building a small pagoda type thing out the front. He started waving his fucking badge around and telling me that this that and the other is unsafe and we had to comply or face fines and shit.

We told him to get the fuck off our property or we would physically remove him. He shat his pants and bailed. These cunts have next level huge egotistical powder trips.
>>
>>1068883

Boring. Deal with it or move to Russia. I'm bored of people trying to put up arguments against it when you either deal with it or go.
>>
>>1068897
t. OSHA

/Diy/ loves complaining about bullshit on the job. YOU deal with it or gtfo.
>>
>>1068916

Come and chew the shit paper out of my ass hair.
>>
>>1068832
you guys can hate, but I'm with this guy. I have the 20v miter and it's plenty for a small shop set up
>>
>>1068987

It
Is
Not
Volts

When will people see past the marketing wank
>>
>>1068997
>When will people see past the marketing wank

When they stop getting paid to shill for it.
Is it really a surprise that after the multiple FlexVolt threads, there are people pushing to get >muh 20v saws!
We know exactly what brand they are talking about
>>
>>1069029
Sucks to be them.

>Muh 120v mitre saw
>108v kek
>>
>>1069136

>220v tools
>outlet showing 238v
>>
>>1069147

>More power
>More better
>>
>>1068997
It avoids confusion with their previous 18v tool lines.
>>
>>1069372
basically this when you are searching for tools for your battery or a battery for your tools it really narrows it down
>>
File: mMIO8mnOHOUqaefepq0e3LA.jpg (14KB, 225x223px) Image search: [Google]
mMIO8mnOHOUqaefepq0e3LA.jpg
14KB, 225x223px
>>1069136
Just bought this miter saw, about 80bucks, im just starting in the woodworking hobby, clean cuts relatively square, I was going for a rigid but was already sold
>>
File: DeWilt.jpg (165KB, 759x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DeWilt.jpg
165KB, 759x1200px
>>1069372
>>1069388

I can tell you 100% that's not the reason their LiIon stuff is labeled at 20v and flexvolt at 60v. It's purely marketing wank. Infact they only market it as 20/60v in the USA and Canada because no one else is dumb enough to fall for it.

Hard to find different battery types? Not at all. When you know what you're looking for you know how to find it.
>>
Talking of batteries

>>1062677
>>1065047

I got the Makpac and Inlay for the twin and 4 new 1840B batteries.

Also got a DHP 484 but that's going to my inlaw for his birthday. I have the 481 and 458.
>>
>>1068087
After Makita lowered their quality standards a few years back Hicatchi tools a now a better deal if you're lokking for durability
>>
>>1069611
I brought a Hitachi drill, it was my first drill when I got into my trade actually. The Chuck failed on it so I claimed a new one on warranty.

That one failed.

Then the next one.

And the next one.

And the next one.

And the next one.

Fuck Hitachi, stick to making vibrators.
>>
How are modern Craftsman hand tools? I borrow an old socket wrench off a mate and there's something about it that just feels right. I want to feel this feeling again, but differently, with more and different tools. I want to surround myself with them and just be there in the moment with them.
>>
File: stud.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stud.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
>>1069614
The only decent hitachi tool I've got is pic related
>>
>>1065654
Unwashed eggs will last for weeks without refrigeration
>>
>>1069620
>How are modern Craftsman hand tools?

Their raised panel socket wrenches are probably the worst ratchets in production right now.
>>
>>1069625
What is it good for?
>>
>>1069745
>>1069625

Rebar cutter ?
>>
File: 20161012_184422.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_184422.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1058210
Come at me bro

2 days on the same battery, the oscilator kills the battery quicker than the circular saw. Battery charges pretty quick, i have 2 and havent came across a situation where i need a 3rd.

Everything in this this price range will be solid, i went with milwaukee for the ergonomics, a lot of their tools feel like theyre made for my hands. Theyve taken everything ive thrown at them. I prefer everything cordless except sawzall and grinders.

Back when i did construction for a living instead of as a hobby my company ran dewalt everything, right when lithiums started being common i left, we were running nicads. They were pretty solid, but the nicads were a pain because of the drain during non use. We never had an issue except for burning the clutch out on a hammer drill after a long day of drilling 5/8 holes in brick. It was quite old anyways at that point.

Ive used makitas extensively, theyre nice too. Really the best tool out there is the one thatll do what you need.
>>
>>1069745
>>1069749

I use it to cut M8 and M10 all thread rod.

>>1069767
>For the ergonomics

Do you have crippling arthritis yet? You will have if you think Milwaukee and ergonomics go hand in hand, pardon the pun.
>>
File: IMG_20161012_172927.jpg (465KB, 1616x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_172927.jpg
465KB, 1616x1080px
>>1069607

Got a photo for any makita fanboys. Anyone got a DTD170? Quite interested in one
>>
>>1058210
My co workers are largely split between Milwaukee, Makita and Ryobi. A few individuals have/had Ridgid, Porter Cable and DeWalt tools.

Overall I see little difference between Milwaukee and Makita (turquoise) in terms of quality, reliability and performance. The Makita (white) and Ryobi drills/impacts are also capable tools but do not last long with abuse.

Really, anyone memeing about quality is probably a shill.
>>
>>1070215
>Really, anyone memeing about quality is probably a shill.

Nah, its more along the lines of weekend warriors and diyers who paid a decent chunk of change to buy into a certain brands line. When you commit to a line, you are going to have strong feelings about them
>>
>>1070245
This. If anyone went out and bought the basic tools in every line around the milwaukee/dewalt price range theyd see they're all decent tools. Any one that has the kind of money to dump into tools is going to just go to top shelf stuff instead of testing every middle of the road tool. Only real differences are some tool lines are directed at certain groups of people, milwaukee is aimed more towards electricians and industrial maintenance workers(wire cutters on everything), while dewalt is well suited for construction(robust cutting and drilling tools).
>>
>>1069646

Its like i cant even run away from./ck/
>>
File: JoeyHappy.gif (3MB, 416x213px) Image search: [Google]
JoeyHappy.gif
3MB, 416x213px
>>1070277
>>
>>1070245
A reasoned response.

But this is 4chan so I had to sling mud.
>>
Does anyone here have the latest gen Milwaukee heated gear? Would you mind snapping a pic of the LED on it? I want one, but I also don't like wearing a big bright LED. How long do they take to heat up?
>>
>>1069603
B-but it's 60v when fully charged!
>>
>>1070867
Makita has heated slim profile vests that fit under most work clothing

I got one recently and people wonder why I'm able to work in deep freezing temperatures with just a windbreaker and a pair of gloves

Love the thing
>>
>>1071717
Looks pretty good, but I'm already into the Milwaukee system. I also don't need anything for crazy low temperatures, but I need a new hoodie anyways, and the coldest temperatures I'm in tend to be borderline "should I be a little chilly in a hoodie, or a little too warm in a coat?" weather. The biggest reason I was curious was I want something I can wear when I go indoors without being too hot, and then turn on when I go outdoors, rather than constantly dressing/undressing.
>>
>>1065345
>>1065347

>military discount

I swear, you guys are worse than Daniqua with her 5 illegitimate children
>>
>>1070867
>>1071717
sounds like a good way to get fried.
>not just putting a underarmor sleeveless underneath everything
>>
>>1072285
It had built in temperature feedback cutoff reputations
>>
>>1058709
>I swapped the cells in the battery
dude.... a new big silver battery is $30 by itself. What did you pay, like $15 for the HF donor, and then around 2 hours of your time? Just wait until Blk Fri and go pick up a 4pack of fat silver batts for a hundo.

I'm tellin you, those big silver batts aint no joke. I use it 5 days a week at the jobsite and don't have to recharge it but twice every 3 weeks. I put up a 250' fence, 5 screws per board, and even predrilled all the holes, on 1 &1/4 of those batts.

And change your brushes, prolly should pop the lid and clear out all the old grease and repack that bitch with new EP Moly grease. Remember to only fill it halfway though, its not a wheel bearing
>>
>>1069620
better find a whole garage set at an estate sale then. The newer stuff went for more stylish and 'sleeker/modern' and the balance is all kinds of fucked on pretty much everything.

Even their 8-pc screwdriver set nowdays suck ass. Yes, those chrome-plated shits they have now - got a set a few blk fridays ago, the phillips tips are all too soft and rounded off, and the chrome chips off the flatheads on top of bending at the edges. The best were the brushed stainless-esque ones with perpendicular ridgemarks running across the tips. Still have that set, and can still screw in phillips just fine without stripping out the heads.

>>1070276
dewalt tools have too much torque, end up with 3" screws sucked thru the first 2x4 even after I let off the trigger, or better yet my wrist ripped out of its socket when I use a spade or spiral bit to run wire. milwaukee: i just wasn't impressed by for the money you had to shell out.

Best tools are Ryobi Blue with the big silver batt, they balance much better than the newer green ones, and actually have useful shit, like a bubble level and eye on the drill. The impact drill coulda used a little bit brighter LED, or one that stays completely bright instead of being stepped with the variable speed on the trigger.
>>
>>1056269
>I only have to make 5 cuts on this job 1000 feet from the building.
>start stringing cords because there's not a better option.

That's why.
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.