[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mansfield toilets: why don't they have "normal"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Mansfield-Toilet-Tank-Parts.gif (22KB, 400x472px) Image search: [Google]
Mansfield-Toilet-Tank-Parts.gif
22KB, 400x472px
Mansfield toilets: why don't they have "normal" flappers?

This design just seems, well, over designed. It's not difficult to replace (I just did so this morning) but it's more complex than just swapping out a flapper.

The tldr of it is: is there some kind of an advantage to a mansfield toilet that I just haven't figured out, or is it just weird design?
>>
File: indoor_toilets_graphic.gif (17KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
indoor_toilets_graphic.gif
17KB, 350x349px
>>1056110
If you don't know, this is a normal, flapper style toilet. But you probably knew that.
>>
Lets more water out at the first opening, full 360, rather than with a regular flapper where it's peeled up slowly, starting with a trickle increasing until fully open.

Think of it as an early version of low flush toilets, by combining the low material contact, wear, and replacement with the original power of a flush ball or disk.

compare it to the newer lower flush kohlers with a bucket similar to that, but with more buoyancy to raise quicker, or the toto or american standard version with a ring around a plastic flapper that moves straight up on a guide like the wire and ball flush balls.
>>
I think Mansfield style designs are the norm in Norway, and unless there's something wrong with the float assembly or clogs in the exhaust line somwhere, they never struggle to dismiss even the largest of dumps.

Apparently, this is a problem in amerilardistan, whereas I've never really encountered "clogged toilets" here unless obviously trying to use a whole rolls worth of paper. Even for the hugest most solid of shits.
>>
kohler bucket flushers can flush a load of golfballs with just 1.6 gallons

Main clogs I see other than idiots dropping rags/containers or kids putting toys in is old people or those on statins block up toilets cause their shits are greasy and sticky, cling to walls of pipe or toilet and hold toilet paper.

AND ASSHOLES WHO FLUSH "FLUSHABLE" WIPES!!!!
those things also get stuck on any bur on a pipe, the smallest root, etc

women flushing tampons or "plugs" as we call them are the same
>>
>>1056149
Sup Dale
>>
>>1056149
>flushable wipes

There's no better way to waste money.

Personally I just put a little aloe on some TP, makes my butthole feel soothed as fuck.
>>
Id also imagine that is harder to obscure when it's time to close.
>have flapper toilet for years
>change nothing
>one day, flapper gets stuck open
>find the handle chain excess managed to hook onto it
>free it up and write it off as a 1:10000000 chance
>happens to my wife later that day, again to me the next morning and evening
>correct the issue by cutting away the excess
>year later
>flapper just starts failing to flap down

I didn't know anything besides the flapper and bucket existed, I'll look into this for my house.
>>
>>1056192
If you like the idea of flooding your house or killing someone with porcelain shrapnel, they also sell consumer grade 2 piece compressed air flushers
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.