[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /diy/ I have an old snapper mower similar to pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (143KB, 758x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 758x602px
Sup /diy/

I have an old snapper mower similar to pic related that finally died. The motor and the blade are pretty much the only things that work. However, I got a push mower that works perfect but has no gas tank.

Is there a way to Frankenstein these into a working mower?
>>
>>1055957

ok so.. engine and blade work, but it died... uhm what exactly died on it that cant be easily fixed with a repair or replacement part. the engine is the heart of the mower, usualyl whe na mower dies its because the engine is blown beyond repair...

be more specific tell us whats wrong with it, what actually DIED?
>>
File: 1465424190586.jpg (46KB, 397x520px) Image search: [Google]
1465424190586.jpg
46KB, 397x520px
>>1055957
never seen a mower design like that where it's essentially connected front and back through that tube

theres very little that isn't fixable on a riding mower, unless you totally stripped gears or something
>>
>>1056258

Gas tank leaks, fuel line broke, fuel filter broke, carburetor is done for, starter doesn't work, the shifter is falling off.
>>
>>1056293
That sounds quite fixable.
Sesl tank, new fuel line and filter, clean carb and new gaskets/membrane, attach shifter, doesnt sound too outlandish.

Seens quite accessible, too.
>>
>>1056300

Buying all that stuff isn't quite an option so I thought if see if I could fix it with the push mower parts. Also the gas tank isn't fixable, it was pierced by a boar tusk.
>>
>>1056314
Why isn't it an option? Shit's cheap, except for maybe the carb.
And you can just get a new fuel tank.
>>
>>1056314
Fuel line and filter are dirt cheap, gaskets can be cut from sheet material.

Looks like you could nigger rig a gas can as a fuel tank.
>>
>>1056317

Well, the carb is the biggest thing I'd like to Jew rig
>>
How is no one asking about the boar tusk?
>>
>>1055957
If it's at all like your image, it is completely repairable.

That line of Snapper mowers has excellent product support, and has been made a very long time.
>>
>>1056326
Kinda want to know that too
>>
>>1056332

A boar charged me while I was mowing
>>
>>1056334
How'd it end?
You strappin' while mowin'?
>>
>>1056335

I have a machete with me when I do yardwork so I stabbed it in the head while the retard was stuck on my mower.
>>
>>1056337
Brutal.
>>
>>1056337
fuckin metal
But really you can use anything as a fuel tank as long as it can hold fuel and you can put a fuel line on it.
Since you seem like the kind of guy to have a few tiny kegs around, just put a tap on the bottom of it for a fuel line and fill er up
>>
>>1056344

Not too unusual. I carry the machete for coyotes. It was just bad luck that my neighbors boar escaped. >>1056344
>>
File: snapper-forest-gump.jpg (78KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapper-forest-gump.jpg
78KB, 540x360px
>>1055957
>forrest gump mower
>>
File: h4sIoIy.jpg (73KB, 530x498px) Image search: [Google]
h4sIoIy.jpg
73KB, 530x498px
>>1055957
Hotrod that thing, OP
>>
>>1056332
I've searched this entire photo for the boar tusk, what are you talking about here?
>>
>>1056365

The pic I posted is something from Google

My mower is older, from the 70s, and a lot more ghetto looking.
>>
>>1056369
I feel like an idiot now, I never read the part where the wheel got pierced by the tusk, my bad.
>>
>>1056325
The carb is about the last thing you want to nigger rig. Pony up the $20 for a carb.
>>
>>1056293

then the engine isnt working. you said it was. if all that is wrong with it then its not usable right now

you could fix it probably cheaper than buying a new mower. buy parts off ebay.
>>
The only thing you have to worry about when trying to fit a replacement engine is the crankshaft, so the two engine pulleys will fit properly.
I got a mower for free because the con rod broke. I had a different engine laying around and slapped it on there boom lawn mower
>>
>>1055957
Fix that rider op. Them fuckers are like 700 bucks running and not much to them. A carb, lines, or a friction drive wheel os about all that can go wrong on these things and that is why i currently have ~6 of them? Pony uo the cash or buy a shit push mower at lowes with a credit card while u work on it. These things are even worth taking to the mower mechanic if u dont wanna dick with it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.