[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just built a shaving horse. It's made out of PT pine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I just built a shaving horse. It's made out of PT pine, deck screws, and a fence hinge because it has to live outside on the porch.

I just need to get a 3/4" dowel for the main hinge and make myself a seat of some sort. How can I into comfortable butt design? Sitting right on the planks for ten seconds made my ass sore.

Also what should I finish it with so that it expands and contracts as little as possible? I plan to gloop on some epoxy onto all the end grain surfaces so they don't wick up too much moisture.
>>
>>1054952
Check the oops pile in your home improvement store for any outdoor based paints. Try for oil based. You only need a gallon and should be fairly cheap. You just wont get ur choice in color. If its light enough you can have them add a darker dye tho. I sometimes just ask for them to make it black or a dark brown.

You can also get deck stain from the oops pile too. That will work great too. Again no choice in color really ...
>>
>>1054952
>How can I into comfortable butt design?
google pics of teeter tooter seats or rocking horse seats
>>
>>1054961
>>1055004
Ok

Any other anons built a shavehorse here? The variations on design were bewildering at first, but this one I made is pretty much the most popular type. But instead of having a chunk of wood to adjust the bench I use a dowel and a 2x4 for better adjustability. I haven't seen one like it any pictures I've seen of them. Maybe I invented it lol
>>
Regarding seats, lap in a 1x8 t, and chuck a pillow on. The shaving horse i use just has the board, but is surprisingly comfy. When i need to use it all day, padding can be nice. I think thats probably true no matter how fancy and ergonomic you make your seat...
>>
File: IMG_3039.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3039.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I finished the shaving horse today.

Because I had mistakenly used the most retarded size spade bit I had (I thought I drilled the pivot holes with a 3/4 spade bit, turns out it was actually a 7/8) I couldn't find suitable dowels. And available dowels are made of crappy wood that won't hold up in the outdoors. So I turned a wooden dildo out of bodark aka Osage Orange, perhaps the toughest, most /out/ wood in North America.
>>
File: IMG_3041.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3041.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I went with the simplest seat possible out of the leftover wood. It can be positioned up and down between the two 2x4s making up the main beam. But it won't slide up and down because it's a tight fit. I have to actually sit on it to get it plant down. Eh, comfy enough.
>>
File: IMG_3042.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Holds the wood down like a champ. That's all.
>>
>>1055856
looks nice
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.