[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a model airplane that's really good at flying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How do I make a model airplane that's really good at flying in high winds?

Everything is on the table, including various forms of feedback control.
>>
>>1054240
get a quadcopter board like kk board and use plane stabilization firmware
>>
>>1054244
Agreed.
In addition to a 6+DOF gyro, you'll want a pitot tube to measure airspeed so you can compensate for wind.

Ardupilot and others have 'stabilization' and other modes to filter out either environmental or pilot induced fuckery.

It's also nice to toggle into a stabilized 'loiter' mode that circles around a point when you have to take a piss/smoke/wardrive/stalk/etc.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/flight-modes.html
>>
>>1054240
I just added a gyro to the roll axis of my RC airplane to stabilize it in high winds.
>>
>>1054425
Wouldn't you need two to counteract the torque from gyro?
>>
>>1054478
It's a feedback gyro. It measures the rate of spin of the plane and compensates with the control surfaces.
>>
>>1054488
That's not as cool as I initially thought it was.
>>
>>1054504
A spinning gyro would be a pain in the dick

>>1054240
Use high wing loading?
>>
>>1054240
>Enroll in college
>>
>>1054523
Done. I already have a pretty good idea of what to do, but I wanted to see if there was anything else out there in hobby world that I wasn't familiar with.
>>
>>1054526
If you didn't know how gyros are used in electronics, you should go back to school or maybe not take on a project that's way over your pay grade
>>
>>1054527
Except I do? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>1054530
Are you
>>1054478
?
>>
>>1054534
No
>>
>>1054523
>>1054527
youre an idiot, get off this board.
>>
making a plane would be very hard for you to "auto control" changes in wind, even in real airplanes (the simple ones) usually the pilot assists using the wheel to compensate the wind and ease off the yoke or use the rudders to compensate, I'm with the rest above a quad copter with an smartphone (used or old one) that has the gyro already in it or buy a kit, the advantages is smaller size easier build in my opinion and the other advantages an helicopter has over a plane
>>
>>1054510
>A spinning gyro would be a pain in the dick

But it'd keep ya level
>>
File: people died this way.png (1MB, 776x464px) Image search: [Google]
people died this way.png
1MB, 776x464px
Build a hotliner and git gud.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.