[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to bleach a denim jacket to get it white but so far all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Trying to bleach a denim jacket to get it white but so far all I got was a yellow color with some white in other areas. Any advice?
>>
>>1053614
fill your bathtub with enough water to completely submerge it, add a jug of bleach, and let it sit for a pretty long time. agitate it every now and then. bathtub is important. a sink will not bleach it evenly because the jacket will be folded over and get weird dark spots from that. I bleached a denim jacket from pretty much the dark to the light in your pic like this, it just takes quite a while to get it to desired lightness.
>>
Is the yellow color normal or did I fuck up
>>
>>1053701
Probably not?
Most dyes do that.
Bleach a black sock and it'll turn pink.
>>
>>1053705
Just checking. I know that I just thought that maybe if it's bleached too long it will come out yellow
>>
Stop buying shitty bleach.
I put some in a spray bottle an one squirt made everything it touched on my Levi jacket bone white.
>>
>>1053802
What's good bleach I just bought a Clorox one in the store
>>
>>1053614
Run it through again ad at the same concentration. You're doing it better.

>>1053802
Used it too concentrated and almost certainly damaged the fibers hodling his jacket together.
>>
Certain synthetic fibers inside the denim (to make it stretchy) will become yellow when bleached.
No way around it.
>>
>>1054004
But I can bleach it enough to make it full white?
>>
>>1054031

Possibly, by using a second bleach stage with a peroxide based rather than chlorine based bleach. Bleach with Clorox. Wash out till water clear. Bleach with Hydrogen peroxide 15-20%. Wash clear...
>>
>>1054031
I think not. Why don't you try to google?
>>
>>1054059
I tried. Nothing shoes up for yellow denim, all I see is people put it in bleach and then a half hour later its white.
>>
sort of related question to this thread, what kind of dye should i get to dye some shoes? i have some canvas vans that i left out in the rain and the black dye has faded and they're a weird green/brown colour now
>>
>>1054397
Are canvas vans fabric all natural material i.e. cotton, or a blend?

>>1053614
Also Op is your denim pure denim or a blend?
>>
>>1054342
Last time I looked for bleaching denim, It told me about the yellow problem in all 10 links I checked out. I'll see if I can find it again.
>>
>>1054342
Here for example:

http://oureverydaylife.com/bleach-whole-pair-jeans-27193.html
>Check the clothing label before you start bleaching. Unless your jeans are 100 percent cotton, they may yellow in the bleaching solution.

http://theswapteam.org/diary-of-frugalista-diy-bleached-denim/
>It turned out that some cloths are not suitable for bleaching.

>The stains can show up for two reasons. Some indigo dyes may give this unpleasant result. Also, the fabrics with spandex may turn yellow while being bleached. The threads of spandex cannot be bleached, and they produce this yellow tint while the main fabric threads are becoming white.

In the link she also tries to get rid of the yellow stains - with success apparently.
>>
>>1053614
Add tiny bit of blue dye.
>>
Looks good
>>
>>1053857
Make sure you buy the origional. The "splash free" kind doesn't work. Look on the back and make sure it is the kind you use to disinfect. Otherwise you aren't getting the good stuff
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.