[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have my own apartment >My dad bought me a bunch of tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Have my own apartment
>My dad bought me a bunch of tools
>No idea what to do with everything, I don't build stuff and the apartment complex handles all repairs

What are some things to do I do with all my tools /diy/?
>>
>>1053224
>things to do I do with all my tools?

Say a prayer of gratitude to them each night for having such a great dad.
>he wants you to stop asking him for help with minor shit.
>>
>>1053224
Well you could start doing minor repairs yourself. A lot of things are far less hassle to just do yourself rather than call the landlord, have someone come over to the place and get near all your precious stuff, etc.

Of course just keep in mind you're responsible for anything you attempt to do and screw up.
>>
If dad bought you tools I would assume he knows how to use them. Take new tools to dad's house and help him with his projects. Learn how to use them. You won't live in an apartment forever.

Bonus....father / son time that is priceless.
>>
>>1053224
see >>1053252 and >>1053282

Being self sufficient is nice. It takes a bit of effort but it feels fucking nice when you can fix a sink without calling someone, or buying some ineffective plumbing shit from the store.

It also sounds like your dad might be encouraging you to try and be a bit more handy. Could be a good bonding opportunity, if you two aren't very close. You don't need to become King Dick, Fixer of all Things, but having a minor interest in a small subset of something handy, say...woodworking or electrical, can help expand your knowledge in the field and give the two of you something to talk about.
>>
>>1053224
>What are some things to do I do with all my tools /diy/?

Fix things
Did he buy you Proto tools?
>>
>>1053224
Have a beer with your dad. I had to buy all my tools because mine's more jealous of his than my mom.
>>
>>1053224
The nice thing about having tools is that when you need them you can use them.

Don't think of them of something you need to find uses for. Instead, use them when a project presents itself, and learn to use them well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.