[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How close do you let your fingers get to the blade before you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-09-11.png (1MB, 1285x722px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-11.png
1MB, 1285x722px
How close do you let your fingers get to the blade before you reach for a push stick?

My settings: 2 inches
>>
Depends on the length of the board. Sometimes I'll step around, other times if the board is wide enough I'll push off of the long edge. But 2 inches is a fair rule.
>>
>>1053197
1 thou. Is my limit any closer and its too scary.
>>
>>1053197
No set distance, but a constant judging of the situation, my personal alertness at the time, the stability of the cut, etc.

OP pic is terrible - he's standing right in the kickback path. If your going to be crazy enough to put your fingers close to the blade, do it from the outside, where they won't be forced into the blade if the board kicks.
>>
>>1053197
meh, i know I'm clumsy, so 6". less with a bandsaw or jigsaw where it'll slice but not eat my finger.
>>
Worst case scenario, the jigsaw will poke you and break the skin. You'd have to try to get into the bandsaw. Things can go badly before you can react on the table, so I give it the respect it deserves. Normally I'll use my crosscut sled. I guess I make a lot of gutsy cuts with the skillsaw though.
>>
It'll tell you this: I'm a lot less ballsy about it since I took my thumb and pinkie apart on a table saw.
>>
on a table saw?

at least a hand-width away; a push stick is a heck of a lot easier to replace
>>
>>1053214
Lol
>>
>>1053947
done and done
>>
>>1053928
I'm having a hard time picturing how someone could manage to get their thumb and pinkie in the path of a table saw blade at the same time. Story?
>>
File: OP must die.jpg (43KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
OP must die.jpg
43KB, 620x420px
>>1053197
2 inches!
two inches you will not have the joy of losing any of them!
OP must die
>>
>>1053197
What a pussy you are OP!
>>
>>1053197
If you're not using every possible security measure using power tools, you're a fucking suicidal idiot. Watching this gave me shivers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4
>>
>>1056062
This.

DIY shouldn't cost live, limbs and fingers.
>>
>>1056062
GOTTA RESPECT THE CONDOM
>>
>>1056062
yeah, I always felt nervous about push blocks on the tablesaw, i always use nice long sticks. also, i have a shitty tiny benchtop tablesaw (like 1.5hp?) and the worst ive gotten from a kickback is a bruised arm (from when i was being lazy and just used a piece of 2x4 as a push stick, and twisted it as i was pushing it through the blade.)
Always use a crosscut sled, all the worst accidents I've seen/heard of were people freehand crosscutting on the tablesaw because they were lazy.
well, and people ripping boards on an industrial size one getting killed by the kickback throwing a log and crushing their torso.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.