[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay boys I need some help. I just got 2 ok pc's basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (7KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 273x185px
Okay boys I need some help. I just got 2 ok pc's basically just gonna use them for some hacking shit but I wanted to hook them together. How would one go about that? Could I just use a crossover ethernet cable? Or would I have to do some complicated shit.
>>
>>1052467
If thats your question, please just keep playing Pokémon.
>>
Set them so that their power LEDs are looking into each other, then they'll link up automatically.
>>
easiest is hook them up to a $3 router from the thrift store. very easy, windows does all the work, just have to set them to the same workgroup and set some folders as shared. or, you can connect the ethernets directly; unless their super-old then you dont need a a crossover cable. but it requires manually setting IP addresses and gateway addresses and such.
>>
It's not possible m8. The only way is to transfer data between them using floppy discs. Protip : install a second floppy drive on each so you can swap two discs at a time.
>>
Get a switch and install Kali Linux on them. Read about networks, graph theory, algorithms, x86 assembly, hardware software interface, windows system calls, high level programming languages such as C and Python, compilers, disassemblers, social engineering. Now you can be a hacker.
>>
Get a male USB to male USB cable and just plug them into each other. Make sure you use the ports on the back though, those typically have higher bandwidth.
>>
>>1052467
>I'm gonna use them for some hacking shit
>wanted to hook them together
Please, if you can't even make a Beowulf cluster, then you don't know how to ``hack" anything.
>>
>>1052467
Ok since nobody is going to give a proper answer I'll throw one in because I'm bored.
If you want to connect computers the most common networking protocol is TCP/IP. It's good enough for the internet so its good enough for your network.
Every computer on your network needs an IP address. IP addresses aren't really complicated except when you get into subnets and you are are to stupid to understand them. IPv4 is the dominant version of IP, there is also ipv6 but its for autists only. We won't go into any of that.
Ipv4 addresses look like a.b.c.d where a,b,c and d are numbers between 0 and 255 except you sometimes can't use 0 or 255. The easiest addresses to use for a small number of computers is 192.168.0.d where d is any number from 1 to 254. This is a class c address which means the first three numbers are the network and the last number is the host. Host is the network word for computer. Don't worry though because classes don't really exist any more because nobody liked them except they do but don't worry about it.
192.168.0 range is reserved for private networks which means that if you connect your network to the internet there isn't going to be anyone on the internet with those ip addresses which would cause a problem for you accessing them.
So, to connect your computers together give them fixed up addresses of 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 etc etc etc.
If you have more than two you will need a hub or a switch.
You don't need a crossover cable but you can if you want because all computers made probably in your lifetime have been able to automatically detect the cable and work around it.
Set the DNS/gateway/etc setting to whatever you want unless you are using the internet.

If you want to get fancy you can give one computer a fixed IP and run a DHCP server on it, this will provide every other computer with an ip automatically when you connect them. This is exactly what a ' router' from an internet company does and why you don't usually have to worry
>>
>>1052581
He didn't get ANY of that.

Go back to >>1052497
>>
>>1052584
I got it I just went to my local electronic store to get all the shit. I kept on doing research on it but niggas kept saying it wasn't possible
>>
>>1052502
>not both ways simultaneously for bi-directional data transfer
It's like you want OP to lose data bits.
>>
>>1052467
install gentoo
>>
File: computer-networking.jpg (149KB, 1100x734px) Image search: [Google]
computer-networking.jpg
149KB, 1100x734px
>>1052467
>shit but I wanted to hook them together.
OpenMP, into it.

I assume you're running a linux-like OS, download and compile. RTFM. There. done.
>>
What are you even trying to accomplish and why?What is this thread even about? Networks?
>sage
>>
You have to decide: or you use a search engine, learn to learn, and become a hacker; or you are less than a script kiddie, because you need to be teached. A hacker is someone who discover new ways to do things, you're not doing this. You are unable to discover how to use an ethernet cable in a manner that is already known.
>>
Alright OP you can ignore all the other retards in this thread, thanks to the magic of Auto MDI-X. Pretty much every modern ethernet card supports it, and it means you can just take a regular (not crossover) ethernet cable and plug it into one and then the other. Auto MDI-X will detect this and negotiate a connection without you having to do anything
>>
>>1052469
/thread
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.