[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey can anyone help me to DIY braces? I'm finding it very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Hey can anyone help me to DIY braces?

I'm finding it very hard to find answer with google because most search term just result in advert for dentist

I mostly need to know how to push teeth back to make space so i can pull the others into line with braces i bought from china
>>
>>1052186
"How to fuck up your teeth : the thread"
>>
>>1052189
They're already fucked
>>
>>1052186
The closest we got so far is /diy/ invisalign, but you need access to some specialized equipment in order to successfully make them.

IIRC this method is only for moving teeth forward and backward - no side-to-side and no pivoting.

http://4archive.org/board/diy/thread/960579
>>
File: 54009311.jpg (65KB, 302x217px) Image search: [Google]
54009311.jpg
65KB, 302x217px
>>
>>1052193
nice! thank you. i don't have some of the stuff but i think i could get away with using less
>>
>>1052193
By the looks of it the dentist just says to not make big changes or your bone wont have time to bend so i will just make small changes!
>>
>>1052205
INCREDIBLY small changes. ortho-anon had to move his tooth only 0.25mm at a time and it took a whole year to get it where he wanted it (~1.5mm of total movement judging my his pics)
>>
>>1052190
pics plz
>>
>>1052220
they're worse that the OP pic but i don't have a camera atm because my phone just bricked itself

already looking into DIY vacuum forming machine
>>
>>1052209
my teeth roots are quite big i might halve that amount to 0.12mm per tray
>>
I'll make a new thread in a few days when I've got all the stuff made and I'll have a camera by then too

Hopefully i can inspire some other snaggle toothed anons to fix their teeth or lose mine and inspire them not to!
>>
Dentist here, sorry but if your teeth are as / more fucked up than in your pic you just can't do it yourself. That dude who made /diy/ invisialign had very minor malocclusion that only required "tipping" the tooth, treating what you see in your pic requires exactly what you see in the pic, metal braces and brackets, and CAREFUL planning and adjustment or you're just going to cause root resorption and fuck everything up.

tl;dr don't do it.
>>
>>1052248
Tell me how to move them backwards then (especially the wisdom tooth) i can carefully plan and adjust, that part should be not too hard
>>
>>1052259
You can't move wisdom teeth backwards, there is most likely no space. Look, I'm surprised that invisialign thing worked as well as it dit, but to actually attach shit to your teeth you need materials only accessible to dentists, you cannot just glue that shit, it will never hold. Sorry but you just cant do it unless you have access to all the shit dentist would have.
>>
>>1052259
If you're 100% serious about this and realize that 99% likely you can't do it, then first get this book and read it a few times.

https://www.amazon.com/Contemporary-Orthodontics-William-Proffit-DDS/dp/032308317X

Then start planning on how to rob a dental clinic.
>>
>>1052264
There is room i have 4 molars removed. there's at least another wisdom tooth worth of room to work with. You can buy all the stuff you need online

>>1052265
i'll see if i can find a torrent i don't have that kind of money
>>
>>1052270
Can you? You need atleast:
Right kind of brackets
Right kind of wire
Right kind of dental pliers to manipulate the wire
Dental primer, adhesive and composite resin to attach the brackets
Dental light curing handpiece to cure the resin
Something to suck saliva out to keep the mouth dry
Something to blow air out of to dry the teeth surfaces

You also 100% need someone to help you, it's impossible to attach the brackets yourself.

Again I will say though, I'm dentist not orthodontist and even though I have access to all this shit and actual dental unit I would never do this to myself / patient because I'm sure the result would be fucked up.
>>
File: images (25).jpg (16KB, 310x163px)
images (25).jpg
16KB, 310x163px
>>1052186
NIGGAH U WAT???!?????
>>
>>1052186
How about you just stop being cheap and go to a proper orthodontist? I live in the 3rd world and even here people can afford braces.
>>
>>1052248
dentist bro, is there a way to fix receding gums without surgery?
>>
First time I visit /diy/ this year, and I see this in the frontpage. I think I should come here more often.
>>
>>1052439
Just wait till you see some of our shipping container and pallet threads!
>>
>>1052248
true, I'm a dental-technician specialized in orthodontics, working every day with all kind of appliances to correct shit like in OPs pic... , easiest way to make a DIY invisiline (correcting lesser shit like snaggletooth and such), is as follows (for upper jaw), 1, you have to have a plaster/stone cast of upper and lower jaw 2. draw a line buccaly across the teeth, perfectly horizontal no matter the arching eg. spees curve etc. 3, saw horisontaly cervicaly of the teeth you want to move, and break them appart, they should just snapp appart. 4. now arrange the teeth into the desired arch with the drawn line still horizontal, and fix them with harder wax/resin or such. 5, the most important step, check occlusion with the lower jaw. (you dont want to fuck up your self). should be able to articulate the jaws as if you where a munching cow. 6 press a 2mm soft n' flexible thermoplastic over the arranged jaw without the teeth rearranging from the heat. 7, trim the plate lingualy into an arch so it follows the hard palate, you dont want to be gagging on your own stupidity for the next year. trim the edges buccaly so they follow the cervical edge of the teeth. round off all the edges and smooth the fuck out of your creation.
Finished.

The tension of the thermoplastic will slowly push the teeth into the desired location, it can be used at night.
however, its painful, and if you feel the pain being to much you should stop using it. there are many many reasons why people should not fuck them self's up, but hey OP, go a head.
>>
>>1052248
>Dentist here

Are you Jewish?
>>
>>1052636
Goy!
>>
>>1052248
So dentistanon, just to beat OP to his next thread in approximately 4 months, will doing his own set of tooth extractions be easier or harder than what he's planning with the braces? Any tips on that, just for when he needs to know? Also, what will be the first sign that he's completely fucked up and gotten into root resorption issues? Please say: intense, throbbing pain.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.