[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are stairs easy to do? I have to rebuild this staircase and add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed (1).jpg (107KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
107KB, 1600x960px
Are stairs easy to do? I have to rebuild this staircase and add a 90 degree landing to the base so I can make the steps longer so the wiener dogs can make the hops without hurting themselves.

I have been watching a lot of videos and it doesn't seem that difficult. Just a bitch because I dont own a truck and have to rent one for the materials ect.
>>
>>1051639
the real question is why you would want to own dachshunds
>>
>>1051641

They are step children. I had a cat once, and never wanted to be hurt again.

I would just leave the fucking stairs but the SO insists I fucking rip them out and build new ones.

She has made this remodel a fucking nightmare but learning experience I guess

>I can put a washer and dryer hookup under the floating kitchen counter since theres no space anywhere else
>NO I DONT WANT THEM THERE 100% NEVER HAPPENING DONT EVEN TLAK TO ME ABOUT IT KEKEKEKE
>Finish kitchen 100%
>WOW WHY DONT WE HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER JEEZE WHY DIDNT YOU JUST PUT THEM HERE?1?!

a lot of rage here in this remodel, and I am hoping I can do the stairs. Its just kind of spooky because 100% perfect cuts and first time doing it
>>
>>1051791
>but the SO insists
say no more senpai. i understand and live by the 'happy wife happy life' mantra. go do whatever you gotta do to make your life easier, even if it involves re-doing fucking stairs for no reason, just keep in mind that making them deeper is gonig to kinda be weird when you consider that the door is right there....idk though
>>
...why does everyone marry unreasonable crazy shrews?

I love my wife and have never run in to bullshit behavior of this caliber.
>>
Just throw a strip of ramp on the side of the stairs.

STAIRS SUCK. Don't attempts them, unless fully committed.

Just build triangle plugs (they should be all the same size) to fill the stairs, and cover with a strip of padding (cork is great, cheap, anti-microbial...) and carpeting.
>>
>>1051811
Why do people you assume they're unreasonable crazy shrews?

Everyone has weird hangups.

Women are hormonal nightmares at times. If your wife isn't she is: old, a dude, or has severe hormonal issues.
>>
File: unnamed (4).jpg (107KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (4).jpg
107KB, 1600x960px
She is super nice like 95% of the time, its just, we should have stayed in the apartment and did the remodel first, which is what we are going to do on the next house or condo.

Its a 720 sq st cabin on .3 acre about 30 min from seattle, so we plan to rent it out after we make it reasonably nice

It used to have a landing from what I can see on the sub floor, the stairs are currently 9 inches depth and she is wanting like 12 inches.

I have to figure out how to make it all legal, then get a fucking banister on it too.

Also cutting back the ceiling because its like 5ft over your head at one spot, thankfully all the load beams run the other way

Ramp might work, ill run that by her. I would MUCH rather just clean them up, nice new coat of paint and a new banister rather than redo all this shit.
>>
>>1051839

Fuck i forgot the worst part.

There is no insulation and the wiring is old as fuck, so I have to REMOVE the stairs anyway to get back behind them and fucking redo that shit.
>>
File: P4121832.jpg (221KB, 873x655px) Image search: [Google]
P4121832.jpg
221KB, 873x655px
>>1051840

Its wooden panelling over an empty cavity aside from old wasp nests in 90% of the place
>>
Stairs have a tread and riser code fyi. As well as insulation
>>
OP why not just put in a little dog ramp that fits on the stairs. They're small dogs you could get away with just a few inches wide and save a shit tone of time and money and it shouldn't inconvenience the stairwell.. There are tons of styles online.
>>
>>1052411
and it doubles as a wheelchair ramp for midgets and children
>>
>>1051639
cute Daschund

>>1051641
Get raped by a horny moose
>>
>>1052411
Not OP, the ramp needs to be under 30º, so it takes too much space. For two stores it is absurd.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>1052438
>There are tons of styles online

Sorry, thought this was /diy/. I figured OP was competent enough to realize the picture was one example of the idea he could modify to his own liking and situation.
>>
>>1052442
tons of styles? do you even realize that for a 9 foot ceiling he would need a 36 feet ramp? Did you skip school or what?
>>
>>1051639
ain't too bad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7P2ByaFh0NLPavs506MoVw
>>
>>1052448
And I came up with this value for a 15° ramp, when the usual for humans is 10°~8°
>>
>>1051829
A+ Answer. Fuck re-doing stairs.
>>
>>1051840
Blow in insulation from outside, run new circuit under floor or in wall above stairs.

12" depth is not code.
>>
Rule of thumb for stairs is 7" rise for 11" width. 9" is already too steep for code. Check building codes anon.
>>
>>1051639
Get a real dog.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.