[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/. I need a solution to a problem. I want to get a hot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Occulus rift.png (47KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
Occulus rift.png
47KB, 730x290px
Hey /diy/. I need a solution to a problem. I want to get a hot water tank for my mothers house. For the longest time she has been using the propane stove or the wood stove and she wants hot water out the tap. The problem is there is no place in her home to put it. She has a water block water system where everything goes to a main water block with valves on it. Its on the outside wall, the apartment is in a large metal building. Its weird i know, just go with it. Large metal building, concrete pad, long rectangle apartment. Outside wall is where the water block is and its insulated and in the wall, the other side of the wall is the living room. It gets far to cold out there to have a hot water tank outside. It would cost thousands upon thousands to insulate the building and even than it might still freeze. Most likely the solution is an electric hot water tank. The only place for it is in the living room. Probably in a counter or bench or something to cover it. We can't think of a safe or neat way to do it with a gas hot water tank or on demand because of venting. Would an electric hot water tank be ideal or should be go with a on demand electric hot water heater? We don't need super hot water. 1-2 gpm of 100 degree water is fine. On demand seems really cheap now and the smaller electric hot water tanks seem expensive.
>>
while your question is slightly convoluted, most of the modern electric on-demand water heaters are great - small, cheap, and hot as you like. Putting one in a living room shouldnt be a problem, as long as its near the water supply?

The problem would be, have you got a sink/drainage already? If not, I'd put in a complete sink/under cupboard unit thing (IKEA-type/cheap), mount heater underneath sink, feed from/drain to your water supply. Thats about 200 EUR/$ or whatever for the sink/unit (or maybe $20-$40 second-hand), another 100 EUR/$ for the heater, and whatever the pipes and making a hole or two costs. No idea about the legality of this either, but, I doubt anyones bothered here, as long as the drain pipe connects to an actual drain, etc. Someone who knows what they are doing to connect sink to existing water be good idea.

An if I have this wrong and you have a water feed/drains and all that already (?), so much the easier. But if you only knew the old on-demand heaters, modern ones are 500% better, totally recommend, forget gas and electric boilers and shit.
>>
>>1051472
From what i read, it takes an absolute piss load of electric to do on demand and I don't want to run a new circuit. That would take far to much work on the wall. We have absolutely zero codes in my state beyond the basics for electric hook up and sewage.

Do you mean a drain pain if it leaks? I planned on putting it a few inches above the ground and haaving a small drain pipe (with a flapper to keep the cold out) going through the wall and just pouring out in the metal building. The floor is gravel and will drain good enough. Not really concerned about a leak. I'd rather find a 12-13 amp 120 volt hot water tank.
>>
>>1051483
Modern on-demand uses less than ever before and only use anything worth noting while water is flowing. Your mom probably does not go through that much hot water.
>>
>>1051489
The problem is wire size. Even at 240 volt, a 1.5 gallon unit is over 10 KW. The wire thickness would cost more than the unit. I dont want to run another circuit. The one near the water block is a 30 amp gang box.
>>
>>1051456
Buy a suicide shower head for her from brazil.
>>
>>1051494
I've seen a few of those sold in the US now. Nah, aside from killing me, it would be a cold shower. Water inlet in winter time is around 48 degrees.
>>
>>1051483
>https://www.amazon.com/BOSCH-2-7-Gallon-Electric-Mini-Tank-Heater/dp/B0148O658Y/

under sink mini tank, 12A, $150, good reviews, etc.
>>
>>1051502
Yeah i saw that, mirrin that 7 gallon.
>>
>>1051505
Warehouse Deals, get the 7-gallon for $200 (and free shipping - means someones opened the box beofre, but..) - fulfilled by Amazon, can send the fucker back 6-months later if needed, they dont give a shit ;)

Dont see you doin real much better, desu, but, I havent looked much more either. AMZ are great for shit like this but, they take returns on anything.
>>
>>1051456
WTF kind of place is she living in? Maybe it would be easier if you helped her move? Just saying...
>>
>>1051644
trying to sell. Its quite livable just not 100% done.
>>
>>1051968
Yeah, sorry, no... No hot water equals unlivable in my book. WTF is wrong with you?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.