[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First year in house. Daylight coming through 6" of front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: weather_stripping.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
weather_stripping.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
First year in house. Daylight coming through 6" of front door. Need to upgrade weather strip. Whats the god-tier solution, or is it all the same?
>>
>>1051207
I cut a piece of yoga mat/ used some duct tape and put a strip around my bedroom door as in the mornings the sunlight comes through the back sliding door and shoots down the hallway. This fixed it, but looks ugly as fuck. So idk up to you.
>>
>>1051207
Theres multiple options at home I'm provement stores.
The "whisker" type is meh grade.
The rubber type (hollow tube basically) is better but you have to have the exact height or it will fail sooner..
>>
Check that the door is hanging square. If it isn't fix that first. If it still needs weather strip use the staple on type or you will constantly be replacing it
>>
>>1051207
My favourites are the rubber type you nail up when the door is closed together with the self adhesive foam type you stick between the door and the jamb, I've got that on all my doors because we can get down to -60 here.
>>
>>1051261
Seconding this.

My house is 120 yrs old, fucking cold in winter until I hunted all the holes, doors were the worst.

Nail on rubber strip, and sticky back foam strip work best.
>>
File: Nail-spring-bronze.jpg (897KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Nail-spring-bronze.jpg
897KB, 1536x2048px
Spring bronze all the way around the sides of the jamb to seal against the edges of the door
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>1051504
Plus this shit around the door stop to seal against the outside face of the door
>>
>>1051506
and a good door sweep
>>
>>1051252

This. At least to start with. Making sure the door is square will make whatever weather stripping option you choose all the more effective.
>>
>>1051504

>spring bronze

the 1960's would be proud
>>
>>1051207
I'll take the one in red for $200 Alex.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.