[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to...leave 28, beginning to hate my career, feel the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: 130 - 2Mtny7N.jpg (161KB, 921x800px) Image search: [Google]
130 - 2Mtny7N.jpg
161KB, 921x800px
I want to...leave

28, beginning to hate my career, feel the stress of a feminized workplace that has no leadership and lack of communication.

Work to afford rent in a place swamped with traffic, tangled side streets.

Where do I go? How can I self-sustain?
>>
>>1050930
quit your job, move elsewhere
>>
>>1050930
Do you work a Harvard? I do and literally everything you said is true. I'm offing myself just before Christmas.
>>
>>1050930
Look into homesteding(so?) Grow you own food like a farmer, sell some locally for a bit of cash. I know how you feel and I am building my wealth so at around 35 about I can sell everything and go off the grid/live of the land. Though I want to look at tropical options for growing seasons and good climate(haven't don't any research on those yet)
>>
Learn a trade
>>
>>1050930
Learn a trade.

My trade school instructor went to college on a baseball scholarship and got a free Computer Science degree. He had a six figure desk job (or so he said) for less than a year when he decided to quit and work as an electrician apprentice for $10/hr. He's one of the happiest guys I know.

Current entry-level apprenticeships are paying $12-15/hr.
>>
>>1050930

OP. . .Anon. . .

We are one in the same. I feel you.
>>
>>1050933
I did this a year and a half ago. I'm still out of work.
>>
>>1050933
I think in reality you find work somewhere else then move, hopefully you are renting anyways
>>
>>1050970
Travel to Europe or Asia before you do.
Try to find a wife or at least something to fuck.
>>
Don't be afraid to take vacation every once in a while, OP.
>>
You can sell everything you own, buy some food and supplies and a really nice backpack and challenge yourself to go to Argentina only by hitchhiking. Might take you a year or two but its a going to be the best experience in your shitty life.
>>
>>1050970
Try to do it diy style, make a cool Rube Goldberg or some shit. Or drown yourself in imitation crabmeat.
>>
>>1051051
I feel my life will lead the same as your trade school instructor. Perhaps I should swap earlier rather than later.
>>
>>1050977
Thats practically my dream. Glad to now that i am not alone. I have started up on literature regarding a self sustaining farms. Plan to have some animals (I know that will require a shhiton of lands for pasture). Also i want it completely off the grid. So i intend to use biogas as a fuel source and solar power for electricity. Thoughts?
>>
>>1050977
>>1052334

Farmers have the highest suicide rate amongst all professions, it is not a fun job.
>>
>>1052391
farmers who buy expensive equipment to produce in immense bulk and who have to rely on subsidies to sustain thanks to African farmers selling cheap products.
>>
>>1052334
It's a great time to live independently lots of information available. I think one of the most critical things is the land. Is there fresh water available, what is the source, will it be good for how long you are going to live there. Then what is the zoning laws to have animals, normally people keep goats, pigs, sheep, chickens because they need very little space to live and easy to feed/slaughter/milk/harvest. Farming really depends on the climate and hopefully it's in a place where you can grow year round.
>>
>>1052391
As a modern day career you might a well work at a MacDonald because you can work less and end up earning the same amount at the end of the year. Every thing that you see on a farm is on loan, on top of that they get used hard and wear out vary quickly. By the time the pick up is paid off the engine blows etc
>>
>>1052334
Wood is the most commonly used fuel off grid for reasons. I use gasoline and solar for electric, and wood for everything else.

Never tried methane, cuz I never wanted to do work in a pool of shit, which you will if you make methane. It looks great on paper until the mixer breaks, or jams, or you need to clean out tank. That's when shit will hit the fan, so to speak.

T. Live in woods in OR since March. Been doing similar since 1980 when in AK.
>>
I helped a dairy farmer stock hay once. He milked 500 cows 2/day by himself, 365 days/year. Animals need to be tended every day. Every day.

BTW, I worked so hard bucking hay I threw up, but wasn't done so kept working. He laughed, cuz it was ez for him. Each bale weighs between 130 - 160 lbs.(alfalfa) and we stacked them 5 high. Two double tractor trailer loads. How many times can you military press 150 lbs?

It is hard.

Don't burn bridges and build a hut. Start out with a hobby farm, and make sure it's for you.

Milking 500 cows once for one guy takes 12 hours. He did it twice a day. 365 days a year.
>>
Pigs are most efficient at converting feed to meat. However, either you buy piglets in spring to fatten, or you keep a boar and sow to breed.

An adult boar can easily go 800 pounds, and will eat anything that he can rip apart. Don't fall down in his pen.

Chickens are the gold standard. But, everything that eats meat will be glad to eat your free range chickens. Keep them behind a fence, and get a good large dog.

You'll need cats to keep rodents that eat your animal feed down. Either watch most of the kittens die from disease, or enjoy putting your vets children through college.

Sheep require little care, and are easy to raise/inexpensive. They don't make much milk, the price of wool is abysmal, and most people don't eat, or buy, mutton. It's a thin market. Most people that eat sheep eat lamb. I'm not going to discuss what you will experience slaughtering and butchering lambs.

Cows make good meat and milk - up to 200 lbs of milk a day for a good dairy cow. Then they go dry for a year, until they birth again. So, you need a couple to keep from running out of milk, and a bull the breed them.

Bulls are dangerous. Most folks artificially inseminate their cows. Protip: buy her dinner first, and maybe she won't kick your scrotum through the top of our head when you stick your entire arm into her cunt to fertilize her with the bull semen that cost anywhere up to $150,000 to get.

I stuck to chickens after a while, and kept extra to feed the hawks. 30 hens and three roosters will get you a couple dozen eggs a day.

That's a lot of eggs. Also, 200 lbs of milk a day is a lot of milk. Hell, a 50 lb calf is a lot of meat. For a small farmer, these products are not very marketable, cuz you don't have FDA inspection and can't sell openly.

Unless you have a dozen kids, that much food is just waste.

Give this a lot of thought, and do some tests before spending $1500 on a dairy cow, anon.
>>
>>1050930
That romantic shit is adorable but unless you want to bust your ass until you die it's not a great idea, which is why humanity has devoted enormous effort to avoid it.

Find a new career or a new job. Make money. Life is a shit sandwich and the more bread you have, the less shit you taste.

You are just manstruating, but this being 4chan you can't mention your career just as car and bikeposters are forbidden to mention year/make/model.

What do you do, what are you good at, and how far are you willling to go to get good at something else?

Of course you could find an empty school bus in Alaska and starve to death due to refusal to learn how to survive and thrive.

Farming is fucking work. A relentless shitload of fucking work. It is also highly SKILLED work requiring education and experience. Tractor breaks? You fix it. Truck breaks? You fix it. Barn needs work? You fix it.

Isolate your specific problem. Learn not to get emotional or give a shit about work. Spend time finding ways to make MORE money instead of trying to live off nothing with no knowledge.
>>
>>1051076
We just have too much of it its perfectly fine!
>>
>>1052395
>who have to rely on subsidies to sustain thanks to African farmers selling cheap products.
This is inaccurate it's not even funny. The USA has farm subsidies because politicians love buying votes.
>>
>>1050930
>feminized workplace

what is up with this trend? worked with women my whole life but only recently has to it become an actual obstacle.

I had to get an order placed on Friday and the lady in shipping refused to fill it because it was signed by a woman in design she didn't like. I complained and my boss pretty much says he won't get involved. had to moderate to middle aged women's argument just to do my job.

told my boss and he didn't even know who the employees were even though they work for him and said he didn't want to get involved. it's mind blowing and this is a corporate office.

it's like an episode of degrassi.

find a new job op, I am or I'll kill myself.
>>
>>1051051
that's sounds almost exactly like me except i never earned six figures
>>
>>1052334
>solar power for electricity
i would do both wind and solar if i were you
>>
>>1051386
You are obsesed with imitation crab meat
>>
>>1052391
Ackshually, I thought it was US military, followed by dentists.
>>
>>1052391
>>1052395
>>1052402
Well I really want to live off grid. If not as a farmer then what else? Also I am from a shitty third world country where laws are practically non existent if you have money or connections (both of which I lack).
>>
>>1052404
hahahah i guess theory is a lot different than practice. You are right though. Never thought about the maintenance.
>>
>>1052503
Jesus man... bringing your personal vendetta into work. Cant you get the HR involved?
>>
>>1052602
Wind power is highly efficient where i intend to build the farm. Eventually.
>>
>>1052643
edit: inefficient. So wind is out of the question
>>
>>1052638
Farming plants is less bad than raising sweet, playful, friendly animals to kill, but less lucrative. High dollar crops: Belgian endive, arugula, asparagus, weed, opium poppy, roses, ginger, herbs, etc, are better suited to a small holding, as margins on basic foods are abysmal.

If I was gonna farm, I'd grow flowers. Orchards too. Bonus fruit and nut wood, and there's ornamentals, xmas trees, and berries too. Selling the live plants to nurseries is an order of magnitude more profitable than selling food crops.

Also, I hate to say it, but the pet trade is much better than meat. I raised rabbits, and got $7.50 for each babby I sold to petsmart.

Pet trade has a plan b when you can't sell your stock: eat them. Hasenpfeffer ftw. I still remember eating Gisele, my last rabbit.

Plants do not necessarily need to be tended every fucking day, day in day out, unlike animals. You might theoretically get an occasional day off.
>>
>>1052642
Yeah... Good fuckin luck with HR my job is even worse than that shit
>>1052503 was saying. HR are even incompetent...
>>
>>1052675
I'm same age and literally considering the same thing although I was going to sustenance farm and still work (but literally not give any fucks as I'd have my shit together at home if needed). I don't mind working, but want a greater sense of security since my biggest issue is paranoia that in this clusterfuck of favoritism/retaliation called my job I'll get fucked with no recourse and then have to frantically find work before savings dries up to maintain my standard of living.
I was planning geothermal for electricity and purchasing land in the Midwest US with a spring on the property and tons of trees. Grow food crops and make charcoal with the trees to sell filters and soap if I really can't get work anywhere.
>>
>>1052408

You know you don't need 500 cows to survive, right?
He made it into a career.

Speaking for Italy, if you retire to bumfuck nowhere, your land/house is paid off, you're almost completely self sufficient and you have 100-150K in the bank you're pretty much set for life.

When you move off the grid usually you'll make friends with the neighbours, especially if they're old and ACTUALLY living there, as opposed to young people who just have a vacation house.

They'll trade with you even if it's not in money. Again, especially the old people.

Maybe he has cows and will be willing to trade 2kg of meat for 5kg of your fresh tomatoes.
A bottle of milk for some of your eggs.
Stuff like that.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (74KB, 439x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
74KB, 439x200px
>>1050930
Be a trade worker. I being physically active will make you happier.
>>
File: 20160901_142456.jpg (292KB, 774x836px) Image search: [Google]
20160901_142456.jpg
292KB, 774x836px
>>1051084
>hitch hiking through central America
>making it through just to have to hitchhike through columbia... with nice stuff and money

>mfw

Well.... you won't have any problems anymore... Unless you consider a slit throat a problem.
>>
>>1052485
Lol that fucking asshole went into Alaska with shitty boots, a .22 and a bag of rice.

He deserved less than what he got.
>>
>>1050970
And ruin Christmas for everyone, anon? You really can't do anything right, can you?
>>
File: IMG_20160911_100155.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_100155.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1050930
>>
>>1052495
Actually it's because the US curries favors with other countries with food to support unsustainable population growth, and masks it as "humanitarian aid"
>>
>>1052852

Countries which will inevitably all blow up and cause massive migrant streams towards Europe and Russia. By pure coincidence.
>>
>>1052857
The US gets them as well. They boat over to south america and come up that way.
>>
>>1051386
Also set up a shit ton of diy booby traps to make it very difficult to retrieve the body
>>
>>1052836
I gotta look that up
>>
>>1051386
I have scoured the internet for a suicide method suitable for my tastes

At long last I have found it: drowning in imitation crab meat

God smiles upon me this day
>>
Become a septic system cleaner or installer. Guy I know in okc works 3 days a week and charges whatever he thinks the person can afford because it's a rare trade and no one is going to diy that. Not like he bathes in shit, he just sticks a hose in and turns on the pump for a few minutes.
>>
>>1053323
get some razor wire
loop it around an elevated, horizontal I-beam (warehouses are great for this). Tie the other end around your neck while standing atop the I-beam (obviously make sure it's as long as possible without you hitting the ground). After done tying, glue your hands to the sides of your head, discard the rest of the glue. When you jump, the wire should slice clean through your neck (provided there's enough distance/height) making it look like (until closer examination) you ripped your head clean off your shoulders.

Hopefully this bit of morbid humor will make you reconsider. If not, then consider how running away from your problems doesn't fix them and realize that you're letting everyone you hate win as they'll have the last word in (if dead how're you gonna stop 'em) and they'll also beat you in the game of life with higher scores. Channel your hatred to keep trudging through this shithole called life until nature finally allows you to die. You'll get to rest when you die, you don't need one before that.
If you have the time, go visit a hospice ward and see how desperately those people cling to life despite their misery. Yours can't compare...

if you're naturally anxious, realize that your religion is bullshit and that when you die you'll have to face the ultimate unknown. Channel your anxiety regarding death (I still can't look down the barrel of a gun unless I've removed the clip and opened the chamber because of how much of a pussy I am.)
>>
>>1053358
Funny I actual use religion to fight off anxiety and fear, essentially as long as I up hold the commandment then it's so good. If life's predestined then o well what will happen will happen, if it's not then I am trying my best to stay on the straight path and my hardest to better myself financially/personally etc.
>>
>>1053427
Good for you, then you know what you should do.
>>
Get a job as an operating theatre technician. Its a hidden gem career that is entry level and once you get that you can advance within the hospital to a well paying job like a sonographer or organ retrieval tech jobs which the skills are the same worldwide
>>
>>1053345
>Not like he bathes in shit,
inb4 that gif.
>>
>>1051080
Ameriburgers don't get "vacation." We just get unemployment when we ask for time off.
>>
>>1053345
I have had to hire these guys. They become utterly desensitized to shit. I've seen them reach right into raw sewage and yard out chunks of grease and corn barehanded, to exclaim "Corn! I knew it!"

I gladly pay them $75/hr.
>>
>>1051066
This.
>>1051065
You dun goofed.
>>1052824
This. Wait like 2 months after Christmas.
>>
Why don't you consider a frugal lifestyle or something like perpetual travelling, OP? Do dome trade-level course on programming or something like that to earn enough money so you can live and travel and go for it.
>>
>>1052485
>Life is a shit sandwich and the more bread you have, the less shit you taste.

I need to write that down and hang it on my bedroom wall.
>>
>>1053684
Seriously underrated. Living under your means and saving as much as you can means you can work less than "normal people", maybe only a few months a year, and travel around cheap parts of the world the rest of the time. Once you get into it, you can get a plan for moving abroad started, or getting a vacation house in some pleasant island innabeach.

It's expensive if you want to fit it to a high consumption "lifestyle". The people who live in these places generally have almost nothing and still get by on only working there. Imagine what you can do with 4 times a years salary by their standards, by working a few months in a shitty job and living abroad the rest.
>>
well... this thread just destroyed one of my dreams. Everyday i woke up to a shitty job in a shitty place with shitty people but i kept on plodding hoping that i will retire by 35 and go live off the grid. Have a small farm, a cow and some goats and a lot of chickens. I would keep 2-3 hounds and go hunting frequently.
After reading this thread... i just dont know anymore.
Thanks for destroying the only reason i dragged myself off the bed each morning
>>
>>1054273
Anon you copying my dreams? ">>1050930 (OP)
Look into homesteding(so?) Grow you own food like a farmer, sell some locally for a bit of cash. I know how you feel and I am building my wealth so at around 35 about I can sell everything and go off the grid/live of the land. Though I want to look at tropical options for growing seasons and good climate(haven't don't any research on those yet)"
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.