[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TL;DR; subwoofer isolation, how? Hey guys. I've ordered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20160907_141214.jpg (474KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_141214.jpg
474KB, 2048x1152px
>TL;DR; subwoofer isolation, how?

Hey guys. I've ordered a too big of a speaker set for my flat. Got no neighbours on my floor or above but below me.

Done some research but nothing conclusive. Will subfloor do much? Got loads of that. And I even added 4 rolls of adhesive tape
>>
>>1050717
Like, 5 more layers under the subwoofer as well. Just to reduce, he will hear it ofc but I hear his dog so we're good there.
>>
>>1050717

Subs punch through almost everything and are incredibly fucking annoying. Just put on headphones.
>>
>>1050724
Nah, I ordered a set and I'm using them.

So foam or..?
>>
Really nothing you can do, bass just carries.
I had a similar situation as you (I had neighbors above me and beside me) and I just went downstairs and gave the girl my number and said if it bothers you, call/text me and I'll turn it down/off. I kept it in an interior space to not bother the guy next door.
It worked out okay, I kept the bass low during odd times and rarely heard anything from her and never heard stomping from above or banging beside.
>>
>>1050717

> subfloor

Are you suggesting raising your entire floor with it? If you're willing to mess with the floor you can improve sound insulation quite a bit.
>>
>>1050726
hang it from the sealing with speakers facing up
>>
>>1050751
No lol just place it between the woofer and the table
>>1050750
Yeah that's reasonable. But I haven't got neighbours next to me or above. Just one below me. I think hanging it would provide the best isolation. And again, he will hear it. But I hear his dog a lot too so just a good comprise I reckon
>>
>>1050717
>added 4 rolls of adhesive tape
thats not rolls of tape on the bottom of the table legs, issit?
As said, youd be better forgetting the sub altogether, but.. if you (really?) gonna use that table (?) be better shortening the legs to 1/2 or 1/3 (just for stability, as table POS), swap (tape rolls?) for ACTUAL RUBBER - about that thickness would do - and, you prob. ned to find some way of attaching sub to table, otherwise, sub just gonna boogie its way on down to the floor, every 10 minutes or so.

How big sub? - A seperate (basic) crossover be an idea as well, you can set not only the volume of the sub seperately, but, at what frequency Bass kicks in, if your amp dont do all that already. But basically, a sub would sound best bolted to the floor, which is about the opposite of what you need. The tables an idea, just not a very solid one, by the looks, but definitely better than nothing.
>>
>>1050789
Those are rolls of tape yeah hehe. I will buy some foam and rubber too. But my goal is to reduce commotion as much as possible and I think I've got a system that does it a bit. Cheers
>>
File: D_Ikea_Y.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
D_Ikea_Y.webm
3MB, 320x240px
haha, reminds me of a recent trip to ikea
>>
>>1050717
the whole point of the sub is to feel it through the floor, a separate sub dangling on a fucking string in the air is completely redundant.

unless you want to build an entire isolated floating floor then just forget it.
>>
What type of floor do you have? If it's wood or tile then you will need to put rubber feet on every piece of furniture you have that can move, because they will
>>
Does your sub have a volume knob for its level relative to your tops? If so, turn it down to the point where it's audible, but not boooooooming out unnecessarily. And adjust your crossover a bit lower so the sub is only handling the low-lows, and your speakers can handle the higher end of the bass spectrum.

Or Get a subpac and use headphones for enjoying bass

Low frequencies are omni-directional and collect in corners, so trying to 'isolate' a subwoofer is near impossible on a second floor. The wave is just too long for you to be able to absorb it by means of any material you have. You can try decoupling to help a bit, but the bass will still go through the walls and floors like nothing, and may even be worse in his flat than yours.
>>
>>1050926

pretty much this. This is how they deal with subs in professional recording studios. Otherwise, it's gonna carry
>>
>>1050717
There is a "foam sandwich" thing alot of guys use to kill vibrations from their water pump when they water cool pc's. Could be worth looking into but i don't know if sitting a table on a bunch of sponges is a good idea.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.