[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey there, can anyone give me a hand on using sealed lead acid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: ap-1290f1.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ap-1290f1.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
hey there, can anyone give me a hand on using sealed lead acid batteries?

ive googled about the topic but most pages go too in depth or are focused on arger more complex batteries/uses that i have intended. im pretty sure someone here can help me easily.

so i bought a couple batteries like pic related to be used on a portable recorder and also in a diy portable amp poyect im building.

main question is: how should i recharge them? i understand smart chargers are the best but they are abit pricey for low budget stuff im trying to do. i have a 12v 7Ah and a 4Ah (but i also have couple of 6v i got from the trash).

anyway, if i connect a dc 12V 1A adapter straight to these batteries... will that do the trick of recharging them? i read somewhere that i should charge them one hour per Ah capacityof the battery. example charge 7 hours my 7Ah bat. is that correct?

how about using a voltimeter to see when they re charged? what voltage should tell me they are charged? also how much is considered "uncharged".. i used one and after going down 10v it came down really fast to 9v and then my unit could not use it anymore.

also, i understand these bats dont have memory.. so i could use them a bit and charge them etc.. is that good? or should be avoided?

thats it, anyway, any pointer or do or dont you guys could give me would be really apreciated. and also sorry for my b ad redaction and english as its not my main language, im trying my best here, sorry! and thanks :)
>>
Modern SLAs are really, really robust. If nominal voltage is 12V, they should read 13.5-14V when totally charged. Is your 12V power supply adjustable? Don't try to charge a dead battery with 14V straight off the bat, get the voltage about 5-15% higher, let it equalize, then bump it up another 10% until you've leveled them out at the max voltage. It may take quite a while, depending on the output of the supply and the capacity of the battery. If your supply isn't adjustable throw a 50ohm power resistor in series and call it good.
>>
>>1050018
>also how much is considered "uncharged"
11v
>>
>>1050018
Do not charge them with voltage higher than 14.1vdc.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
whats the difference with pic related besides weight, cost, capacity?

>>1050047
thanks
>>1050050
thanks also
>>1050046
>get the voltage about 5-15% higher,
higher than what?
>let it equalize
whats that?
> bump it up another 10% until you've leveled them out at the max voltage
can you explain in a simpler way?

i have an adjustable supply... i think, the ones where i can change de voltages? but only in steps it seems. :S
sorry mate im a little ignorant.

lets say i wanna charge a 12v 4.5Ah thats reading something like 9v. what should i throw in it?

thanks , for real
>>
>>1050018
go to walmart and get a $20 6/12 volt 2 amp charger. thats all you need. you CAN connect the 12v batteries in series and/or the 6v batteries in parallel if you want to charge them all at once at the cost of it taking a long ass time and that you may damage or damage/explode a battery if it gets overcharged (which the charger would not do hooked up to a single battery)
>>
>>1050105
alternatively go on amazon and see if you can find a better one for cheaper (you probably can) >>1050105
youll either want one that does 12 and 6 volt or you can get a 12 volt only and just hook up the 6 volters in parallel as i said before
>>
>>1050105
>you CAN connect the 12v batteries in series and/or the 6v batteries in parallel

you CAN connect the 12v batteries in parallel and/or the 6v batteries in series

FTFY
>>
>>1050107
>6 volters in parallel
SERIES
>>
State of Charge chart
>>
>>1050097
>lets say i wanna charge a 12v 4.5Ah thats reading something like 9v. what should i throw in it?

It's probably never going to recover much of it's original capacity.
Charge at 1/2 to 1A until it reaches 13.8v

In the future, try to keep the battery voltage 'in the green' >>1050113
>>
>>1050110
6v + parallel = 12v
6v + series = 6v
>>
>>1050117
You really need to stop posting until you look this up.
>>
>>1050117

on the left is parallel - on the right is series
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233KB, 1971x1478px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233KB, 1971x1478px
>>1050097
can anyone explain the difference between Sealed lead acid vs Lipo? please :)
>>
>>1050531
This is homework isnt it -.-
>>
>>1050531
>the difference
One is lead/lead-oxide plates in liquid electrolyte, the other is sheets of lithium and polymer. They also have different charging and discharging characteristics.
>>
>>1050113
This is a resting battery, if you test immediately after removing a load the SOC will appear lower than it actually is
>>
>>1051000
And if you test immediately after removing a charger the SOC will appear higher than it actually is.

> most charts stipulate a thirty minute to three hour wait before using a voltage test
>>
File: RageFace.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RageFace.png
19KB, 300x309px
>>1050047
11.999999v
>>
>>1051073
>11.999999v
~45% charge >>1050113
>>
>>1051088
Lrn to battery senpai
>>
>>1050531
http://batteryuniversity.com
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.