[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the past year, my car has been ransacked three times and today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

In the past year, my car has been ransacked three times and today my car has been stolen. I am fed up with this horseshit and I want to do something about it because I know the police won't help me.

What I want to do is to make an improvised security system. There's a small crevice on my window (curtains are pulled down basically) where I can see where my family's cars are parked and thought that maybe I can use a spare cell phone as an inconspicuous camera. However, I don't have the faintest idea on how to kick start this idea.

tl;dr - I want to make a diy security camera
>>
if you want a security camera, no matter what you do you're going to need a DVR with lots of storage, which is going to be a big cost
IIRC there's a android app in the f-droid repo that turns any phone into a IP camera
>>
>>1049622
I'll do whatever it takes.
>>
Spread powdered iodine around your car, then put powdered ammonia on top of the iodine.
>>
for a camera to be considered a security system, it must be able to identify an individual perpetrator. if you're talking about recording at night from a fair distance, then a camera adds no security. you're just gonna see some fuzzy dots of what looks like a dark-complexioned dude in a hoodie.

as for expensive DVRs, they can be replaced by $5 VCRs from the thrift store. you can use 2 of them on a timed recording to capture the entire night.
>>
File: 1454215591227.gif (989KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1454215591227.gif
989KB, 260x146px
>>1049636
>you need high quality recording
>use a vcr
>>
>>1049618
Move out of nigger neighbourhoods.
>>
>>1049640
1)get cheap cell phone with wifi
2)buy night vision camera sensor and drivers to make it USB
3)get usb hub
4)get cheap usb power brick AND usb solar panel

Hook the night vision camera YOU assemble to the usb HUB, connecting the cheap wifi cell phone w/camera and usb solar panel.

The hard part now is getting the right app/software to drive it all. BUT

Cheap wifi cell phone(assuming your wifi reaches your vehicles/else you paying for data heavy plan) gives you daytime camera, cheap diy night vision camera gives you night time video, motion activated via camera software is EVERYWHERE, google it. STREAM that video to your computer/internet server.

Hard part will be hiding it so it doesn't get knocked out, stolen itself, destroyed.

Now you will have video surveillance of your vehicle, if cheap cellphone has sd card slot, you can even use it as a dash cam. If you have decent data plan, you can even use your cell to TRACK YOUR CAR.
>>
>>1049618
The answer is clear; south african car alarm.
>>
>>1050080
>cell phone

Why not get a webcam or actual security camera? They're not expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/UOKOO-1280x720p-Surveillance-Microphone-Detection/dp/B017SUD1K0/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1473418985&sr=1-17&keywords=security+camera

https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Camera-Remote-Viewing-DCS-932L/dp/B004P8K24W/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1473418985&sr=1-24&keywords=security+camera

https://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-Wireless-Security-Camera-Two-Way/dp/B01HH3UWU0/ref=sr_1_25?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1473418985&sr=1-25&keywords=security+camera
>>
What's more, with advancements in cheap computers and codecs you can have low res fast fps/Hugh res low fps h.265 recordings that last hours and only end up at like 80mb
Which offsets a bit of the storage cost and may help with quality
>>
>>1049618
Chinese IP cameras are like $15-$30. They include motion activation, IR auto filter, an SD card slot to auto record, and piles of other features including an app that'll alert you when someone's creeping around your wheels.
>>
>>1049618
If you have a computer within reach that's always on, a copy of OBS and a webcam will let you record literally forever.

Occasionally throw out old footage to avoid filling up your drive, and there you go.

I think there's also software that will just take a series of stills, or only start recording when it notices lots of movement (i.e. the picture from your webcam changes significantly)
>>
install a switch off your fuel pump lines that only you know about. That way they wil never be able to start your car.

Also dont leave anything important in your car
>>
Buy a newer car and you will never have it stolen. As for break-ins, get a motion activated light.
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 356x141px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 356x141px
>>1049618
Wire up pic related and put the output contacts on the underside of the door handles.
>>
>>1049618
>>1049618
Why dont you just buy a cheapo gps tracker, and slap it on the bottom of your car? You can tell the police exactly where the nigger took your car. If you have an old iphone you could hide it inside the dash with a charger nig rigged to the battery, then just use the "find my iphone app". A buddy of mine did this and it worked flawlessly. Nigger was in custody about 45 minutes after he realized his car was stolen. As for your car getting ransacked, stop keeping anything worth stealing in your car. Its that simple. You know what someone would find in my car if they tried to rob me? A user manual, some napkins, a tire guage, and an ice scraper.
>>
>>1051825
this is actually really smart I'm doing this not OP btw
>>
Set up a nice toasty anti-theft system
>>
>>1051744
>install a switch off your fuel pump lines that only you know about. That way they wil never be able to start your car.

Or pull a fuse. We had a wrecker that shitskins tried to steal a few times. They cracked the column but got nowhere.

You can run a toggle to the lines for your fuel pump inertia safety switch to kill pump power that way too.
>>
OP here, thanks for the ideas senpai.

>>1051825
>If you have an old iphone you could hide it inside the dash with a charger nig rigged to the battery, then just use the "find my iphone app".
I've actually considered this idea, not sure why I didn't go through with it. Would I have to pay anything extra? Fuck it, probably worth it.

>As for your car getting ransacked, stop keeping anything worth stealing in your car.
I don't keep anything of value in my car. Dipshit made off with an ashtray full of pennies while making a mess out of my glove compartment.
>>
Install a taser in the glove compartments handle or something while you are at it. Active it when you leave the car and deactivate it when you use it (could be done with the lock/unlock feature but a lot more work) just to give the son of a bitch an extra surprise.
>>
OP i feel for you.
Once your car gets stolen it never really feels the same.

So the obvious idea was. Sabotage it so it won't run.
Now this is a bit extreme. Back in the 90s my dad had a kill switch installed in the ash tray.
It basically cut off power from the car battery to the starter. And when you want to start the car you flip the switch and drive. When you stop you flip it back and act casual.

Alternatively if your in freedom land drive stick.
Niggers, spicks and girls can drive stick.
>>
>>1051818
Best so far. All you bitch-ass niggas trying to take a picture, nobody thinks to just shock the dude
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Go to a sporting goods store. Buy a bear trap (or something smaller if you don't want to take their hand/ foot off) chain it to the bottom of one of your car seats. Scatter car trash on top of the trap ( light stuff that won't set it off: food wrappers, plastic bags, etc.) and the set the trap. Leave an old wallet on the seat with some money in it. Extra points for just cutting the corners off of some bills and leaving them hanging out.
>>
Kickass security is cheaper and easier than you think.
Use i-spy software and any cams you can get. Use the free software to set up the motion capture boxes around things you want to watch. Only record activity.

I-spy is a very useful tool.
>>
Well, the good news is we found the car. I should start rigging these traps, I guess.
>>
>>1053777
Seriously just put a kill switch in. Hell, of you're worried about then finding it put in like 3 that all have to be in their own position, or do something like in that new mad Max movie where the chick has to click a sequence in the car
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.