[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be able to use my remote to start my SUV in my garage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: garage.jpg (65KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
garage.jpg
65KB, 1024x683px
I want to be able to use my remote to start my SUV in my garage during the winter without worrying about carbon monoxide building up in the garage even with the door open.

My garage is like this one but very poorly insulated and it's also not heated and in the shade, So during winter it gets very cold in there.

I want to run flexible pipe that can handle the heat of the exhaust and run it to a dryer style vent in the back of my garage to behind my house

My questions are,

What type of flexible preferably rubber pipe can I use that can handle the heat of car exhaust?

My SUV's exhaust tip is 4 inches round

Also by the time the exhaust gets to the vent it should be cool enough to just use a dryer vent right?
>>
>>1049023
Just get another garage door remote and open it at the same time.
>>
>>1049023
>without worrying about carbon monoxide building up in the garage even with the door open.

If the door is open you don't have a fucking problem so cease worrying.

Otherwise, buy a proper exhaust duct. If you ever have a fire your insurance company will not be pleased you Presidentially Engineered an exhaust duct.

>exhaust terrifies my ignorant ass but how can I ignore fire codes because I'm cheap and foolish

There are plenty of parts and systems available online. Google "garage exhaust kits" etc.
Hot rod and other forums have info too.
>>
>>1049023

Don't.

It's just asking to come into your garage and see your dead kid on the floor.
>>
>>1049024
Oh, so the whole street can steal shit out of my garage while im taking a shower?
>>
>>1049023

Instead of running the risk of killing yourself and everyone around you, how about putting a blower/heater in the garage and leaving your car doors open?

Turn on the heater half an hour before you leave.
>>
>>1049023
Unless your car was built prior to 1999 you don't have to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning, since modern engines are so efficient
>>
>>1049023
Put an exhaust fan in the garage. Negative pressure so it doesn't blow the gasses under the door into your house.
>>
>>1049033
I suggest you stop being a litte bitch
>>
>>1049023
>I want to be able to use my remote to start my SUV in my garage during the winter without worrying about carbon monoxide building up in the garage even with the door open.
Modern cars put out only about 3% of the carbon monoxide that 1970's-era cars did. The amount is so small that it's rather difficult to kill yourself with it at all.
Assisted suicide sites don't even recommend it as a method anymore.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/carbon-monoxide-co-poisoning

" In the past, using car exhaust fumes to commit suicide was a well known method. ... But that was before the days of emission controls on cars, which now emit much lower levels of CO than previously. Whilst it is possible to achieve death using this method, it does generally require older cars. The method is susceptible to a number of things that can go wrong, and for this reason it is no longer cited as an effective method of committing suicide, and certainly not in places like the US, UK and Australia where car emissions are more tightly controlled. "

There is medical reports of suicidal people sitting in their running car, in their garage, for 45 minutes and only getting a slight headache.
>>
>>1049041
>>1049046

this. there is going to be very little CO created in that time, and a simple exhaust fan will be more than enough to circulate the air. Gasses diffuse incredibly quickly, so even a small amount of airflow will do.
>>
Showering while the car is running, cause my dainty girly flesh doesn't know how to dress properly...

Car starters & autism... Every oil barons dream
>>
File: Defa Engine Heater.png (128KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
Defa Engine Heater.png
128KB, 350x335px
>>1049023
You're an idiot. Get a Defa engine heater and plug your car into the wall socket in the winter time.

Stop amerilarding simple problems with simple solutions. You need your engine/car to be warm when you're ready to leave. You do NOT need to turn the car on. If the engine is warm (coupe heaters also available) the AC takes like a minute to go warm as well.
>>
A variety of engine heaters are readily available if OP needs.

Showering in the morning means your nasty ass went to bed dirty. That's gross.....
>>
>>1049023
>KYS
Really, if this is your idea, you will inadvertently kys.

Open the fucking door. Unless there's some sort of magic going on, an open garage door will provide more than enough ventilation. After all, you are literally opening one of the four walls in your garage and exposing it to the outside air.
>>
>>1049306
>
>>1049033
>>
>>1049033
>so the whole street can steal shit out of my garage

Then, son, it's time to move out of the ghetto.
I leave mine open half the day sometimes.
>>
https://www.webasto.com/us/markets-products/heavy-duty-truck/heating-systems/

Hm. Where I live we webasto is used in cars also

http://www.eberspaecher.com/
Or maybe an eber?

>>1049411
We never lock our front door.
Garage has no lock.
>>
>>1049617
This.

Literally no reason to start a 5L engine when a simple heater will suffice. It's not even decadent, just stupid.
>>
Gotta agree that an engine heater is your best bet OP. The fuel savings should be enough to pay for the heater assuming you're warming your car up daily all winter. You could probably go with your original plan if idling without any issue, just crack the garage door open a few inches. If you want to go cheap, I'd imagine a space heater with a wall timer set to turn on 90 minutes or so before you need to drive would serve your purposes just fine.
>>
>>1049033
Why not just open the door and get in the car at the same time? Is your car really that cold even in your garage? Shit, put on a jacket and stop being a bitch
>>
File: Pyroil_452084artw.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Pyroil_452084artw.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
>>1049023
First of all: don't be a retard, just buy one of these like 90% of the Canadian population.
>>
File: crush_proof_explained.jpg (45KB, 522x414px) Image search: [Google]
crush_proof_explained.jpg
45KB, 522x414px
>>1049023
>>1050283
And second: if you insist on being retarded. Use google to find exactly what you're describing. Goodyear and continental both have systems, along with other companies. Have you ever been in a proper auto repair shop?
>>
>>1049262

This, I always shower before bed

Like a civilized lad
>>
>>1049306
If there is a slight breeze blowing into the garage door it can push CO into an attached house. It wouldnt be the first time someone died from that. As others have said OP just install a large exhaust fan and have an open air intake on the opposite side of the garage. The negative pressure created by the fan will ensure that no fumes are pushed out of the garage into attached rooms.
>>
Hi, I'm posting with nothing more than common sense. Either fit your car with a engine block heater or properly ventilate your garage.

Now, let's have this thread die in peace.
>>
>>1050909
>Now, let's have this thread die in peace.

Ha! Not on my watch!
>>
>>1049219
This tbho. Also you could consider about radiator hose heater. Better ones have circulation pump And thermostat. So when you start your car, youll get heat almost instantly. Sry bad engrish
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.