[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fellas what are some things you do around the house to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 27

File: burglar-front-house-dark.jpg (355KB, 1000x646px) Image search: [Google]
burglar-front-house-dark.jpg
355KB, 1000x646px
Alright fellas what are some things you do around the house to make it more secure and to scare off burglars?
>>
hang a negro in the front yard.
>>
>>1048779
Burglars can get into any house, but they almost never intentionally rob places when people are home. Being friendly with your neighbors helps, too. This makes them suspicious of strange people and more likely to call the cops. I would think cameras are better deterrents than good locks.
>>
>>1048781
Good to know there are still degenerates on this board.
>>
>>1048786
Also have a dog and train it well
>>
>>1048779
I don't own a home, but I work in security.
>get your burg system monitored so when they try and shut it off it calls the cops
>protect the electrical panel and/or have battery backup, the only way they can shut it off without setting off a signal is cutting power from the source (some places have them outside, which is beyond my comprehension)
>even then CCTV cameras are necessary to catch their faces because they could potentially be in and out before the cops come
Working in this business has only made me feel less comfortable with a security system. Veteran robbers can pull off some remarkable shit.
>>
>>1048779
Dig a deep and wide moat around your house. Fill it with red bellied piranha.
>>
>>1048787
>MUH POL BOOGYMAN

I just motion activated lights with my Z-wave setup.
>>
>>1048779
Don't have bushes where someone could hide while you pull up in a car or walk to your entrance door.

Don't have bushes that obscure a window from your neighbors.

Do have bushes under first floor windows that are sharp and pointy.

Cameras, alarm system, especially glass sensors

Put 3" screws in your doors strike plate to make it much much harder to kick in.
http://www.familyhandyman.com/home-security/how-to-reinforce-doors-entry-door-and-lock-reinforcements/view-all

No real replacement for neighbors that are on your side though. I live in a busy neighborhood, if I'm ever robbed it's because a gang took over the neighborhood and I didn't notice because I'm white and my Mexican neighbors didn't want to speak up against the gang.
>>
Back when I robbed houses, I stayed away from any houses that had security systems. Other than that, anything is free game. Keeping your windows and doors locked, obviously, does alot. Most of the time they aren't going to break glass because it makes so much noise. But when they do, there is no stopping them, because you won't be home. They'll also hit at night, when you're asleep, because you probably left a window unlocked. Don't be a dumbass and hide a key somewhere. If the burglar has found out who lives there, knows what he is after, then he is going to find the key that you hid under the mailbox/rock/lawn ornament/flag pole/etc. Get a monitored security system. You won't have any problems, most likely. If you are on a real tight budget, buy some brinks/adt stickers and maybe a motion detector alarm installed out of reach to alert neighbors. If you don't have a bunch of stuff worth stealing, I wouldn't go buying the $500 installation $30 a month kit. By the time a burglar would have actually tried robbing you maybe 2 years in, you will have spent well over $1000.
>>
>>1048787
It's degenerate not to have one, anon

And OP, I own a pig, it makes for a good scaremuslim
>>
>>1048816
How about motion sensor light all around the house outside ?
>>
>>1048875
Seconding this. Possibly with warning signs near windows about installed alarms.
>>
File: hqdefault[4].jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[4].jpg
19KB, 480x360px
These. Korea uses them to protect their borders.
>>
>>1048962
I've seen Nerf guns rigged up as Sentry Systems. It probably wouldn't be hard to do the same with Paintballs.
>>
>>1048986
An even easier alternative would be Airsoft, since they fire using an analog electric circuit that easily be replaced by one in a chip
The guns can also hold 2500 bbs if you have a drum and you could even tune it to fire 20 or 30 rounds per second, that shit will scare the fuck out of anyone
>>
Dogs. Even real world specops have a bitch of a time sneaking past dogs.
>>
>>1048786
>Burglars can get into any house, but they almost never intentionally rob places when people are home

the former OSS officer who wrote the book on catburglary said the best time to rob a house was at dinner time.
>>
>>1048815
This. Secure the fuck out of the door locks. I have a piece of solid beading on the front door that covers the gap to hinder jimmying the lock, a rated deadbolt, cameras with onboard storage and dvr, alarm system and an independant psu and backup in the loft, literally the hardest place to get to. Plus my neighbors are nosey as fuck.
>>
>>1048779
>leave water to freeze
>tar and nails on your basement steps
>wire up a door handle to the mains
>use a cassette voice recorder to play gunfire sounds
>>
>>1048795
>>get your burg system monitored so when they try and shut it off it calls the cops
What is a burger system?
>>
>>1049194
You get McDonald's to monitor your burger feeding machine so that they can deliver more when you run out.
>>
>>1049188
KEEP THE CHANGE YA FILTHY ANIMAL
>>
Free stuff: Close curtains at night, lock windows/doors, replace all exterior light bulbs and turn them on the in evening, no mail in mail box, wooden/steel in slide open doors/windows

Cheap stuff: Improve locks, motion sensitive lights (get em second hand if you want), fake security camera, second hand alarm system with no monitoring (audible/visual alarm for motion/glass break/doors)

More expensive stuff: Monitored alarm system, bars over windows (they can look good and are a decent deterrent), Steel plate door frame, steel kick plates in doors, security doors (kick proof), CCTV system.

The Ultimate: Multiple flood lamps, full blown security glass, security doors, triple monitored alarm (physical line, electronic line and cellular), big dog that is well trained not an attack dog, Security shrubs.

Last line of defense? Fuck guns, you want a big fuck off knife. Guns for a show, knives for a pro.
>>
>>1048779
electric fence? mines? alarm? cameras? Moat filled with aligators? a trump wall ? not living in nigroland?
>>
>>1049203
Oh damn I need to upgrade my McDonald's subscription
>>
These days I live in a gated community so deep in the suburban wastelands that I'm not even really that worried about bunglers. It also helps that I work from home, so the house is very rarely totally empty.

But when I was younger, I lived in an old house with pic related doorknobs. I unscrewed the knobs on my room, and put the square post on my key chain as a type of privacy lock. I could also open it with a flat-head screwdriver whenever I forgot my keys. Worked pretty well until my dad sperged out about not being able to get into my room if he ever needed to.
>>
>>1049225
fuck, forgot pic
>>
There's also subtle fake chaos, like having a rug or baby barrier in an extremely dark entry way where anybody who doesn't know the place will trip and crack their head on the glass block coffee table, boxes of junk like grandma's sharp ceramic doodads haphazardly placed under windows, that rabid raccoon or colony of wolf spiders you just can't get out of the window well of the basement, etc.
>>
Big scary dogs. Decent locks. Something to keep them from smashing the door down. Most likely just an alarm. Get insurance on your stuff just in case it gets stolen. The thing I would really be worried about is psychos breaking in when you're home. In that case just have something to protect yourself if the need arises.
>>
>>1048779
00 buck.
>>
>>1049031
Yeah if you're a fucking educated man. Not if you're a local degenerate
>>
>>1048863
under rated
>>
I keep two hobos in my backyard. They only require a tent and cheap booze rations. Also bought them a harmonica so I can track them easier. Only problem is that they keep trying to sneak in a burn barrel every so often when I get lax. Guess it makes them feel at home.
>>
how about a fake surveillance camera?
>>
>>1049212
>Last line of defense? Fuck guns, you want a big fuck off knife. Guns for a show, knives for a pro.

Wait, aren't you kinda devaluing all of the good advice you gave in your post by saying this?

A pump shotgun is way more peace of mind than a fuckin machete
>>
>>1049380
he must be a eurocuck
>>
>>1048779

I hang a tracksuit in my backyard to scare gypsies away.
>>
>>1050071
>slav detected
>>
If you have doors with large windows, replace the glass or install over the original glass with Lexan type material.
It doesn't shatter instead it flexes.

>degenerate tries to break window with brick, brick bounces from window, beams degenerate in the head.
>>
>>1048779
Have a large dog.
>>
semi auto 20 gauge and a good dog
>>
>>1049017
Nowadays, many paintball guns are electric.
>>
I dont know about you guys but I cant even fall asleep if I havent tied up my triplines on the stairs. I also purposely loosened a few of the steps and floorboards in places awhile back so they sqeak like a bag of cats being hit with a crowbar
>>
>>1049029
This is the best answer
>>
>>1050268
>being this paranoid
Christ anon, just take your anxiety meds before bed
>>
>>1050268

kevin mccallister, is that you?!
>>
Take a page out of Joe "two-blast" Biden's book
>>
>>1048779
Set your house on fire, burglars are afraid of fire :)
>>
Buy a new tv and put the box it came in in the neighbors trash.
>>
Most home insurance company's will lower their payments after things like a home security system is installed or rose bushes planted under the ground floor windows. I got 15 dollars off a month after the monthly security bill. So more then free alarm system with battery backup
>>
>>1050284
BUZZ IM ABOUT TO GO INTO YOUR ROOM YOUD BETTER COME AND POUND ME
>>
>>1048779
>scare off burglars?
wew lad, you're a cuck.
>>
>>1048779
I live in a gated community in a state completely full of racists rednecks.
>>
File: DP12-Flyer-837x1024.jpg (155KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DP12-Flyer-837x1024.jpg
155KB, 837x1024px
>>1050296
They were out of ksg's...
>>
File: george w bush.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
george w bush.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
>>1050952
>rednecks
>committing a crime other than noise pollution

>racist
wew lad

I highly doubt you know of a decent person, that hates others because of their race.
I've never met a non-democrat that was legitimately racist, all the 'racists' I know just hate niggers. They all recognize that blacks are just normal people and niggers are sub-human trash. I guess judging people based on their character and actions makes you a racist now...
>>
>>1048815
>No real replacement for neighbors that are on your side though.
This. I helped stop a break-in at my neighbor's house a year or so ago. Guy walking down the street hopped the fence on the side of his house so I stalked him a bit from my yard and called up my neighbor. He had my dad and I guard the exits of his house until he arrived with the cops.
>>
>>1050957
'Niggers' are members of the black race. Take your revisionist bullshit elsewhere, coon lover.
>>
>>1050973
Since when are fine negro gentlemen considered coons?
Look, blacks keep playing the name game because they refuse to acknowledge that niggers exist and are sub-human trash. So it's either distinguish between humans and sub-humans, or play the name game forever.
Personally I would not call lads like Thomas Sowel and Walter Williams niggers, because they are fine negro gentlemen.
>>
>>1048781
Topkek
>>
Live next to people with nicer stuff than you.
>>
>>1049031

Would have thought it would have been when people are at work / school.

I know people would be distracted at dinner time but thats one hell of a risk to take.
>>
>>1050973
>>1051004
Take your taxonomy discussion to /pol/ please.
>>
>>1048779
Buy good locks and make sure the doors/windows they are fitted to are decent too, despite what you might think a lot of burglary is still done just by kicking a door in or climbing through an open window, a decent alarm and CCTV too will help, louvered windows suck ass when it comes to security, I've seen people just lift out the glass and climb in, PVC doors are a lot better than people think, they flex when kicked and resist it better unless they have a shit locking system, the best ones have a minimum three point locking system.

Good lighting and not giving someone a place to hide while they work on a door/window is another often overlooked one, sensor lights will often put people off, especially if they are linked to lights that come on inside the house too, one place I worked on had a system that when you walked towards the front door the hall way lights would come on making you think someone was home.

Lastly if you can have a gun then get one and shoot any fucker you find in your home that shouldn't be there, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
>>
>>1050957
Eh, that's quite a massive amount of bullshit you pulled out of your ass on assumptions and being sheltered. Most of the people who live around here are high order klan types. They are openly racist, like it is their job to be racist, but only against blacks, Asians, and Jews. Normally all you hear are the typical sets of racist jokes, but there's a good bit of preaching too.

I avoid most of that since I'm not racist, line in a the gated community, and not part of the local culture.

The reason I posted >>1050952 is because there's no burglaries around here. White is because there's literally only 1 demographic; white rednecks. There are no blacks here. Only 2 times in the past 40 years has a black family moved in. One was an upstanding preacher and his family and the other was a group of utter niggers. An Asian buffet place opened and an Asian family moved in to work at it.None of these families lasted more than a month here because of klan activities towards them. Now the Asian buffet is a Cracker Barrel which is highly ironic in name.

The only major crime in this location are people going in the woods and cooking meth in trailers, but that was like 10 years ago. No one seems to be doing that or at least no one is getting caught at it.

The worst things that happen here are drunken car wrecks.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>1051184
>I'm not racist
Hmm, I wonder why.

>I live in a gated community
>There are no blacks here

Huh, and I wonder what the result is.

>The worst things that happen here are drunken car wrecks.

Oh.
>>
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IeU7Cck0hI
>>
>>1048779
When you catch one, makes an example out of the fucker. With the help of other well trusted community members.
Here where I live (Europe, small rural villages in a quite rich agricultural area) we had a series of cases back a few years ago, all of them one after another. I personally know two of the people robbed. Before that a robbery was just a rare exception or a problematic kid that would learn his lesson later (I guess the general rule is no broken bones).
One night they caught them in a garage, the owner locked them in and called a policeman who was also his friend. He actually told him to not officially call the police or they may charge him for locking them in, so he called his friends and friends of his friends.
It was morning when they dumped them beside the street, covered in blood with no teeth and not able to walk anymore.
Everyone knows what happened, very few know who did it but we don't have burglars anymore.
>>
>>1048787
Please don't put a sign announcing which security system is installed at your home. That tells the burglar exactly what hes working against.
>>
>>1051213
A 3 second google search for crime demographics should answer all your questions.
>>
>>1048779
A little while ago a chinese company decided that I would review one of every one of their IP cameras, including super nice outdoor 1080p cameras, so now I have a fuckton of cameras around the house. It makes big brother look like a low budget deal. Some even follow motion.
When the insurance people came by to reevaluate my premium, they said this was the most cameras they've ever seen on a house, and dropped my premium even though crime in the area was climbing.
>tl;dr cameras, cameras errywhere. They're like $30
>>
>>1049212
>Guns for a show, knives for a pro.
I guess if you're fucking Rambo and you're prepared to sneak up on and shank a nigga, but a shotgun will scare off burglars a hell of a lot better.
>>
>Live in bad area
>House has been broken into 8 times in my life (that I know of)
>Get a couple mutts
>No break ins for 9 years
>neighbor doesn't have dog
>still constantly broken into

Dogs are the best deterrent. One may not be enough if people think they have something you want though, they'd just kill it.

But I got four now and 1 of them barks at his own shadow and another doesn't make a peep but just murders anything that comes into the yard that I don't introduce to him.
>>
>>1051637

>put on mask
>this kills the camera
>>
>>1051650

>if people think you have something they want though
>>
>>1051653

Camera can still cut down on false positives.
>>
>>1051653
They're infrared which goes through a lot of materials.
>>
File: what.jpg (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
6KB, 265x190px
>>1051659
>>
>>1051671
Google it. Many fabrics and plastics pass infrared light through.
>>
Live in a shit neighborhood

I live in the ghetto and I can leave my house unlocked and door open
>>
>>1051671
He means "xray" type stuff. Like those old beach photos where people use the infrared setting on their camera to see through all the chick's bikinis.

>>1051680
Line it with foil and there would be no trouble at all.
>>
>>1050268
>farking lol
>>
holly bushes under all the ground floor windows. Those pointy leaves will poke through jeans. So it keeps casuals away from your windows.

Plus, if you get the right variety, they are green year round.
>>
I don't have anything for them to really steal besides a very old thinkpad that will net him 40-50 bucks and some books. My home defense is not owning a lot of shit.
>>
>>1048781
fpbp!!!
>>
they sell cameras that you arm from your cell phone and when motion is picked up it starts recording and you the video instantly and can set up to call cops. Combined with your video you can give a accurate description if their still not in your house ( the camera can be set to not make a sound making it easily hidden )
>>
>>1049358
Kek
>>
File: 1472096381627.jpg (34KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
1472096381627.jpg
34KB, 393x382px
>>1049031
Former OSS catburglar is not your average dindu or drug addicted thief. And the latter probably tend to rob people they know or are familiar with.
>>
>>1048779
Music/tv turns on after you have left the house for when you are away and a shotgun for when you are home.
>>
>>1048790

Yeah. Dog.
>>
>>1049225

At a house party many years ago we secured the rooms that we didn't want people going in by doing that. Remove handle, Remove rod. Replace handle. Door wont open. Drunk people fuck off and go somewhere else...
>>
>>1049383

No he's quoting a movie. Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels and implying that REAL men don't need guns...

..which is of course balls. You use what's practical and available.
>>
>>1049031
Can I get a source on this? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>1051079
Well put. What's with the 24 hour a day obsession with the big scary black mens? Must be some kind of fetish.
>>
File: j2k4-21.jpg (29KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
j2k4-21.jpg
29KB, 220x298px
Couple of ideas here:
a.) Have nothing worth stealing/nothing pawnable. All my equipment is deliberately scratched up inside and out, has "STOLEN FROM [Anon]" and other stuff like "PAWN THIS NOW AND BUY A BIG BAG OF WEED. THEN FEEL STUPID BECAUSE YOU COULD HAVE STOLEN THE WEED."

I scratch the letters deep into computers, mobiles, everything; then put Rustoleum paint into the grooves. Hard to pawn something like that.

b. take in a mature, reasonably sober homeless person who is also a friend. I had a homeless friend live with me over a year and I had the most peace of mind ever, because he never left the house except once a week or so.
>>
File: more hate facts.png (2MB, 616x5370px) Image search: [Google]
more hate facts.png
2MB, 616x5370px
>>1053843
>>
>>1048779
I be there with a shotgun. I have also rigged up 120v ac to the doorknob and welcome mat with steelwool on the mat forvground. That damn near got me evicted when the landlady went to postva notice. You could get a dog, but unless you're a sick fuck that mistreats animals, they're really just licking machines.

Alarms will shoo off 90% of burglars, cuz there are lots of places where they can steal crack money that don't have alarms.
>>
>>1053873
"A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the UN was established on 24 October 1945 after World War II in order to prevent another such conflict. At its founding, the UN had 51 member states; there are now 193."

The memory of mankind is so short. Hate is rising again. I'm not sure I want to see where this is going. And if I do see it, I hope I don't have to participate.
>>
>>1049212
>Big fuck off knife
Only if you are expert in its use. A shotgun does not take much skill, and even if you are expert with your big knife my shotgun will kill the fuck out of you while you are trying to get close enough to me to stick me with it.

Knives are for show. Guns are for stopping threats right now.
>>
>>1053960
2 1 F O O T R U L E
>>
File: p.jpg (63KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
63KB, 540x360px
>>
the weiser brand door handles are not very secure: just push on the door with your foot and i bet it will pop open. it did this in one of my old apartment. i will buy a better door handle for the back door of my house, or no: just add a deadbolt on top of it.

i have a habit of turning on lights to grow exotic plants when it gets dark and i have set up a timer to do this automatically when i am not home.

i have an old digimerge touch security system that was given to me but i haven't set it up yet...
but the thing is : it's sort of obsolete and a hassle. i wish i had a smarter, more useful system that is less trouble to install.

i would need to light the fuck out of the back of my yard and parking space... would be more safe and practical: i always fucking fumble trying to find my house key in pitch black darkness. i guess i will set up one or 2 light poles in the back of my yard and a light on the side of the house.

one of my neighbor checks my house and i check his, we are ok even if he is a bit of a nutter, boomer who never did fuckall in his life but he likes to put down people to feel good about himself , whatever. the other guy is eh, sketchier; he won't do shit but i guess if the perfect opportunity was there he would fuck me over.

what else... i would need great new windows for my basement. will have to get that changed eventually.
>>
>>1051637
i have a digimerge touch system, what camera would you recommend me? i guess ip cams would eat all my band but the alternative is a hassle.. not sure what i should do.
>>
File: 1424097094812.jpg (32KB, 203x300px) Image search: [Google]
1424097094812.jpg
32KB, 203x300px
>>1048816

Listen to this guy, also you have one trick here in our country, it's called the Romanian method: drilling a hole in the window frame, then with a hard thin metal wire with 90degree angle curves bend in the metal wire, so you can poke it true to hole and when you rotate your wire you open the handel from the inside out, so you nee goo window frames or windows must be locked from the inside (with an actual key).

Also you can cut out window frames, because some houses have there frames quiet loosely placed with some foam, you can cut around the frame and pop out the whole window, only works and some new houses.

Keep those fuckers outside, GL

I hope my story is a little bit understandable
>>
>>1048779
haven't really read the reset of the thread, but considering this is 4tune, keep in mind this

don't use booby traps

they are illegal and you could get in pretty big trouble for using them.
>>
>>1054217
>you could get in pretty big trouble for using them.
b. but I was trying to catch a rat that stowed away somewhere in my car and chewed up shit every night.
>>
File: Donald.jpg-large.jpg (45KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Donald.jpg-large.jpg
45KB, 720x960px
>>1048781
Anon I don't have enough rope pls help
>>
>>1049206
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
>>
Having tennants with staggared schedules has worked for me so far. Lets you go on vacation with no worries too.
>>
A gate and a long driveway, nothing detours a thief like having to walk a mile to the house then Cary everything back.
>>
Holy shit why are these threads always so stupid?

The number one prevention to burglars is being home. Failing that making them think someone is home is a good substitue.

No one but the most hardcore is ever going to do a home invasion. They don't know you don't keep a shotgun next to your bed. They want free stuff to sell, not die.

Secondly almost every robbery is due to either an unlocked door or window or a kicked in door. This illusion of people picking locks is all but non-existent. Genuine cat burglars are unicorn rare.

Dogs also make good deterrents. They are loud and alert neighbors and they can fuck your shit up. Even a little ankle biter going totally crazy has the chance to alert the retired couple next door and call the cops.

Security systems are a decent idea but remember it takes 2-5 minutes for the alarm company to even call the police. Seasoned burglars know this and can be in and out before the police even know there is an issue.

Motion activated lights are a great deterrent, huge light blinding you at night and telling the neighbors someone is there makes you run away.

Reinforced doors is a good idea as, again, most doors are kicked in. It only takes one kick with most 'properly installed' doors to send them flying open.

Booby trapping your house is a good way to ensure that the burglar gets away with tens of thousands of dollars of your money legally instead on maybe thousands illegally. Hell, he might buy your house after you declare bankruptcy on it for his bills.

The goal of home security is to make the burglar think your house isn't worth their time. It is not feasible to have a house that is burglar proof so you want them to either attempt to get in and fail (if they can't get in in under a minute, they're going to run because their cover might be blown) or just not bother in the first place.
>>
>>1053848
>b. take in a mature, reasonably sober homeless person who is also a friend. I had a homeless friend live with me over a year and I had the most peace of mind ever, because he never left the house except once a week or so.

Why homeless? Take in a weeb. Provide him with the wifi password and let him store his Dew in the fridge. You now have someone who will never leave the house.
>>
>>1049212
>guns are for show, knives for a pro
You're not trying to be quiet and stealthy, you're trying to kill the nigger who broke into your house. You're not the thief, why wouldn't you grab a shotgun before a machete?
>>
>>1048779
LOL, I TROLL PEOPLE IRL.

Have 3 year old beer in a cooler. Have mouse trap under it rigged to an old car battery, KC light, and alarm.

Have game cam in the window of my vamper and i set shit in front of it all the time and then call the people that stole it and thank them.

Shit like this.

Anytime i find a junk cooler in the ditch i put old food and roadkill in it and just leave it in my sideyard and laugh when it dissapears.

>taking trolling to the next level anon.

Lol.

For my house i have like 7 12 guages loaded...
>>
>>1048800
Lol, my buddy is a proffessional athelete. Since he were kids he has been talking about building a fenced in property with a moat full of gators. Now he actually has the money to do it.

I'm now tasked with building a litteral draw bridge.

I am terrified because of it fails, not only does that suck but i'm inside of a fenced in gator pit in the middle of oklahoma.

Soeaking of, anyone know what the exotic animal laws are here?
>>
>>1049212
>guns for a show

I have absolutley no problem painting my bedroom red anon.
U don't want dead stay the fuck out of my house.

2 full auto sawed off 12 guages say stay the absolute fuck away from me or be hauled away in 5 gallon buckets.

Pic related.

And 2 becuase if one jams. Im a big dude but fuck if ima wake up from a dead sleep and dual weild. Lol
>>
File: 1472480221108.png (416KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1472480221108.png
416KB, 623x527px
>>1049358
KEK
>>
File: 1472042955702.jpg (115KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1472042955702.jpg
115KB, 525x809px
>>1050412
Hahahahahhaaaaaaaa!

Ha!!!!
>>
>>1050960
LOL!!! dude broke into my house once with a knife. I laughed at him and shot 2 holes in my roof with a 1911. My neighbor/buddy was a cop. Couldnt be more perfect. He comes tearing ass into my house with a 12 guage as dudebro is about to piss himself. I just started dying laughing and had my buddy watch him because i had a "surprise." I went and got a ladder and a tube of silicone and made that faggot crawl up onto my roof and patch the holes before my bro put pants on and hauled his ass to jail.

God i love small towns.
>>
>>1051184
Ahahahaha!!! Anon are you and me living in the same town?

100% describes cuckville where i live.
>>
>>1054036

A fucking metal wire isn't going to open a goddamn sash lock considering a majority of windows aren't plumb and they're a bitch to open when locked.

Honestly anons, try to open just your window with the lock, no pushing or pulling or anything. Shits fucking hard unless the house is newer than 10 years.

Anyways I've been in physical security for years. Mainly commercial but my fair share of residential.

Frontpoint is the best alarm company, even better they're DIY and cheap as fuck and have excellent customer service.

Buy and install frame reinforcement products. These prevent kick ins. My personal favorite is the Strikemaster II.

Buy decent deadbolts. Schlages B Series (available at Home Depot) is considered the minimum. Use this in conjunction with a frame reinforcement product.

Camera are deterrents, not actual security products.

Glass film won't stop them but it will deter them after the first blow. Expensive but worth it.

Light timers work. The UNC Charlotte study showed that the BIGGEST deterrent to burglars is an occupied home. Make them think you're there.

Other than that, yes, a firearm for home defense is a must.

Hope this helps.
>>
Now I am getting paranoid. Here I was thinking these damn roaches I keep killing every few days is my biggest threat.
>>
>>1054637
>Fixing holes in roofing with silicon sealant

Jesus Christ burgers no wonder half the houses over there are falling down.
>>
>>1054766
>Frontpoint
>Wireless alarm garbage

I can't believe the amount of people who buy that snake oil shit. Forever fucking around with batteries and PIRs are universally shit. A decent hardwired Bosch or Paradox system will literally go for 10+ years no worries so long as it's services every 2 years or so.

I would be surprised if you get more than 2 years out of that Chinese wireless rubbish.
>>
>>1053954
>You could get a dog, but unless you're a sick fuck that mistreats animals, they're really just licking machines.
in my experience they're also late-night-noise noticers and makers, entirely without my help
god I fucking miss my dog
>>
>>1049225
>bunglers

toplel
>>
>>1054941

It's all GE products. I'm in the access control industry so I get all peripherals at cost. Haven't changed a battery on any of my devices in 1.5 years.

Fuck hardwiring. That was only done back when wireless wasn't possible. I've had to pull runs to my wireless IP cameras for power. Fuck doing that for every single entry. No. I fuck around enough with frames at work.
>>
File: 1472802493275.jpg (101KB, 953x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472802493275.jpg
101KB, 953x720px
>>1048779
>>
>>1055013

A modern home should really have Ethernet with POE all over the house.
>>
>>1049212
>knives for a pro
Which is precisely why he'd want a gun, because he is most likely not a fucking knife fighting professional because there are no such living humans on this earth

Knives are for stabbing people who don't have knives

Gun is the ultimate home defense weapon
>>
>>1055040
w2c dat sight even though it probably costs more than any rifle you could ever attach it to
>>
>>1055109
its like 350, its a pos look it up on youtube, you can buy it on sportsmanguide.com
>>
>>1054630
>2 full auto sawed off 12 guages say stay the absolute fuck away from me or be hauled away in 5 gallon buckets.
Stop posting any time
>>
>>1054938
It was a rental and i was gone 4 months later. Plus, 2 guys holding a 3rd at gunpoint while he roofs your house on mainstreet is probably going to raise suspision.
>>
>>1055489
Don't be jelly with your gay butterknofe eurocuck...
>>
>>1048815
I have yellow jackets in my bushes against my house
>>
>>1055954
Give them guns.
>>
>>1048779
Play "The Castle Doctrine" and learn about futility. Keep your shit locked and up-to-date. Move on.
>>
>>1050334
underrated post
>>
File: 071dbbfd66b35b93cc02e7b874d4775f.jpg (166KB, 1000x974px) Image search: [Google]
071dbbfd66b35b93cc02e7b874d4775f.jpg
166KB, 1000x974px
As far as locks for your doors i would recommend against the standard locks with just one row of pins, Instead go for something like pic related. Its the ABUS XP2S and for anyone other than a very avid lockpicker who also knows the working of the lock it would be a nightmare to pick. they'd be forced to either try to break a window and lose the element of stealth or fuck off
>>
Browse /k/
>>
Check out firefighter training for forced entry, it tells you a lot about how ridiculously easy it is for people to break into most private residences.

You want metal. Doors, frames, grates over the windows. Plus cameras and alarms, and an internal safe room with another strong door ideally.

Personally I have a watch dog that will wake me up if someone's coming in and a gun to fucking shoot them with, it's not that safe but it's cheap.
>>
>>1051637
>1080p IP cameras
>30 dollaridos
Where?
>>
>>1053954
Mine licks the hell out of me and runs around like it's retarded when I come home. She loses its mind if she doesn't recognize the person at the door or hears something odd outside and can't see it. She's had no training, just naturally protective.
>>
>>1048816
>Don't be a dumbass and hide a key somewhere.
Mines hidden in my shed with a padlock on it, pretty hard to find that sucker
>>
>>1053954
that's some Home Alone shit nigga.
>>
>>1056105
I just stick it in my front yard point down.
>>
>>1054625
You dont fill up a gas tank before attatching the tubes.
Why would you throw in the aligators before building the fucking bridge
that is dumb as fuck, its even dumber that you didnt think of this yourself while typing that stupid fuckin comment of yours
>>
>>1054623
>LOL, I TROLL PEOPLE IRL.

>taking trolling to the next level anon.

15 years old is too young for this site, kiddo.
>>
>>1056413
How about you do that with a bunch of keys but instead it's point up in a disguised hole and now you're Viet Cong.
>>
>>1052566
But having bushes too close to your foundation and siding is bad for the health of your house.
>>
>>1058060
It's stuck completely underground. It's almost impossible to detect without a metal detector--you need to know exactly where it is.

It pushes into the sod very easily.
>>
>>1056064
Doesn't having metal over your windows make it dangerous if there is a fire and you need to escape out the window?
>>
>>1048795
Greentext stories?
>>
>>1048779
I have a hundred dollar bill taped in the middle of a used target silhouette. There is note that says, "What are you waiting for faggot?"

-small town, Texas.
>>
>>1049360
Are you in a 500k house?
>then no, you will not fool professionals

Are you a regular dude?
>then sure, why not. Enriched folks are not the brightest bulbs in the sheds. On the flip side - they don't even take the time to notice such things in the first place. On the flip flip side, fake cameras are cheap so why not?
>>
Has OP never seen Home Alone?
>>
>>1048781

This is probably the best idea.

I've been a victim of theft. I've got burglar alarms, CCTV, securitu flood lamps, construction site lock boxes, massive heavy garage doors, triple lock doors and glazing, you name it. Nothing stops them or stops the trying anyway.
>>
>>1058234
lel. love it m80.
>>
Don't be flashy. Let things be a bit run-down, don't toss out packaging for anything expensive, don't post videos or pictures of the inside of your home, or leave drapes open if there is expensive shit inside.

Don't have a hardline phone that they can call to let ring and ring and see if anyone is home.

Don't have a doorbell. Put a note up that says you work nights, and please knock repeatedly if it is important you get up.

Don't have an NRA sticker on door.. guns, drugs, money, jewelry prime targets for burglary.

My personal favorite:
I stick a pest control card in my door saying they came by for the bedbug removal quote but to please call and reschedule since they missed us.
>>
This thread is making me seriously think about putting my 3" screws through my lock plates instead of the 1" ones they came with.
>>
File: 31jDpIzpkzL[1].jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31jDpIzpkzL[1].jpg
11KB, 500x500px
>>1058392

rental property maintenance

I use these - ~$10 at the local hardware store.
brass plated steel - includes six 3" screws and three 1" screws
>>
>>1058323
Interesting social engineering tricks. Good point about the NRA sign, I thought it could be good to deter because you will shoot them but if they see you aren't home they may want to steal your guns.

Don't your neighbors or other people catch on that you don't really work nights?
>>
>>1049380
>wanting to repair bullet holes in your wall because it's dark and you'll probably miss the burglar
>>
File: IMAG1199.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1199.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>1048779
Hey OP.
I saw the thread and though I would contribute.

First and foremost:
Surveillance System
I have a dedicated computer with battery backup running iSpy software with 5 cameras on my property.
>>
File: IMAG1195.jpg (652KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1195.jpg
652KB, 1836x3264px
>>1048779
>>1058661
Digital automatically locking deadbolt with Wi-Fi connection tells me if the door is opened and allows me to lock and unlock remotely.
>>
File: IMAG1198.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1198.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1048779
>>1058661
>>1058664
Security lights on the property with motion detection.
>>
File: IMAG1201.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1201.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1048779
>>1058661
>>1058664
>>1058668
8' fence bordering neighbors property line with a second 6' fence around my backyard.
>>
File: 1474507336255-988396921.jpg (810KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1474507336255-988396921.jpg
810KB, 1836x3264px
>>1048779
>>1058661
>>1058664

And if the make an attempt when I am home...
>>
>>1058673
doin' google search right now for "pipedream extreme''
>>
>>1058323

>Don't be flashy. Let things be a bit run-down

An utterly perfectly manicured lawn says "hey, this guy has money."

A lawn that looks like it hasn't been mowed in two months says "nobody lives here, go ahead and break in."

Keep it tidy, don't keep it immaculate.
>>
File: 1472728322287.jpg (2KB, 80x125px) Image search: [Google]
1472728322287.jpg
2KB, 80x125px
>>1051653
>Im fucking dead
>>
>>1058673
>has security system
>but no gunsafe

shiggy
>>
>>1058774
>implying
> I don't see a roof on his house. Shiggy.
> 2016 not having windows. Shiggy.
>>
Guns are for pussy.
>>
>>1048779

Realistic mannequins and a high quality sound devices to emulate the sound of day to day activities.

If nothing else it'll creep them the fuck out.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.