[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the plumbers out there, I'm trying to remove this cartridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: leakingfaucet.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
leakingfaucet.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
For the plumbers out there, I'm trying to remove this cartridge but I'm all out of ideas and live 20 minutes away from a hardware store. Anyone have any useful advice? I'm thinking this is a delta shower cartridge.
>>
>>1048480
Looks like you already removed the threaded collar. On my valve, once collar is removed you should pull & wiggle simultaneously. This did not work for me and mine split in two parts. I put it back together and will work on it later. >>1048480
>>1048480
>>
>>1048499
Fuck me m8. Yeah I already removed the collar and such and it was a straight forward pull out. But upon inspection of the cartridge, the metal, plastic, and rubber rings were all still in-tack. I wasted $16 on a seat wrench to find out there's no seat, and water kept draining out of the pipe even though I already shut off my house's main water supply and depressurized the system.

I'm almost certain it has to do with the piping behind the shower controls, that I'd have to cut out the tile and remove it to attend to
>>
>>1048480
sometimes the replacement cartridge comes with a 'wrench' to remove the old cartridge. usually just needs a good jerk to break it loose then it should come out without much trouble.
>>
>>1048501
Get a shop vac and suck all the water out of the pipe.
>>
>>1048558
It keeps flowing regardless. If I take my finger and plug the pipe, the water rushes back down into the bathtub spout. The main problem is that the spout leaks hot water, which I would think would be the hot water cartridge. Should I just replace the cartridge anyway since it appears to be fine?
>>
>>1048577
seems like your main shut off doesn't completely shut off the water. is there another shut off near the street that the city controls? when I needed to replace a gasket in a union that was in line in front of my in-house main shut off valve I needed to call the city and have them shut off the water from the street.
>>
>>1048480
>I'm thinking this is a delta shower cartridge.
It doesn't look like a Delta.
It looks more like a Moen>>1048501
>I'm almost certain it has to do with the piping behind the shower controls,
It's probably not.
Just pay the $10 for a new Moen cartridge - it's leaking because the internal parts are worn.
>>
Finely plumb
>>
>>1048480

Just an fyi, you HAVE to use the same cartridge for the type of valve. I bought a house, shower wouldn't work, so I pulled out the valve. The only thing I could find online for the valve was like $50 fucking dollars plus shipping from China because the people who remodded the upstairs bath used a shit contractor, so I tried to use a cartridge that was the same diameter but shorter. I jammed some rubber O-rings in there behind the cartridge, but you can't turn the water off from the cartridge that way. It was just spraying water everywhere. I'm now currently ripping that whole shower apart because it's ugly and I want to put a shower/bath in there anyway, but I'm going to have to put a whole new valve in there since I can't go to <insert home improvement store here> to find the cart for it. I literally can't find that cart in a store in a 50 mile radius from me and I'm not driving any further for that.
>>
>>1048501
>I'd have to cut out the tile and remove it to attend to

What room is behind the shower (tub)? Sometimes it's easier to cut an access hole in the sheet rock if you have to access the pipes or replace the valve. Then you can install a nice access door for future repairs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.