[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /diy/ i need some help , i need to clean a knife for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1472905142031573120931.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472905142031573120931.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
hello /diy/
i need some help , i need to clean a knife for a client (i clean and sharpen knifes for extra cash) but there's some stains that are impossible to get off , i tried everything, but i can't get them off

image related
>>
sorry for the bad quality
>>
>>1048375
citric acid in warm water, soak blade in it for 12 hours
>>
>>1048375
Rust. Chemical etcher will preferentially attack the rust. Rinse well and nuetralize
>>
>>1048375

420C for an outdoor knife, why do they do that?

Don't forget to cover the brand etching with some masking tape before you throw chemicals at the knife (even citric acid). Also oil that steel after you're done, it needs all the help it can get.
>>
File: 20160904_170854.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_170854.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Not OP...

Been trying to polish this Blade to a mirror finish. On other angles, the reflections look perfect. But on another angle, fine scratches show through (pic related).
How to I get all these scratches out? Is it even possible?
>>
File: 20160904_172805.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_172805.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1048890
Here's a shot of the near-morror finish in action.
>>
>>1048890
those are deep valley that was not polished out when you created the flat surface, now the surface has a flat top surface but the occational deep valley will show up in light, you need to go back to about 400 and then sand down to the scratches, and when you meet the bottom of the scratches you can then proceed to go higher grit per normal procedure to make it completely flat
>>
>>1048901
Thanks Anon!
Will give it a good rubbing starting at 400 and cross-hatching as I move up the grits. Hope to get a flawless shine. Cheers!
>>
Wee
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.