[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just had a baby and my cat was being a fucking asshole about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: Daily-Boxes-2.png (415KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Daily-Boxes-2.png
415KB, 2400x2400px
I just had a baby and my cat was being a fucking asshole about it so we decided he lives outside now. He's gotten used to the great outdoors even though he doesn't leave the porch most of the time. Winter is coming up and I want to build him a little box home so he has a place to keep warm and stay out of the elements when winter hits. I don't care too much about how it looks and I want to do it fails cheaply. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to wood working, but I currently only have a miter saw for cutting and a drill or hammer for fastening. How should I go about this? I was thinking something similar to pic related with 1x4s with an opening for him and then line it with a blanket or something. Thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1048243
Fairly** not fails.
>>
>>1048243
Oh, and bonus points for it being slightly elevated with a tiny staircase because I'm a faggot and I love this little fucker.
>>
>>1048243
>>1048249
If you loved the little fucker. He would be inside where hes not going to wander into the street and get hit by a car, or where an owl is gonna come by an scoop him up and drop him to his death from 100 feet up, or when coyotes are gonna pluck his fur out whilist still alive but mangled and feast on his dying bones.

But ya know, build him ur stupid box, because it's only there to make you feel better about your own decision. Nothing more.
>>
>>1048259
Sheesh. Do you fuck cats or something? Yes I love him, but he's aggressive towards my newborn so him being inside isn't an option. We live in the country on a dead end road so traffic is basically nonexistent. We have no owls and hawks are rare because all the local farmers kill them to protect their chickens and shit. It's okay that your cat is your only friend, but in my case my human offspring holds priority.
>>
Looks like your cat found your thread.
>>
>>1048263
go back to /b/ you little cuck
>>
I'd make it out of exterior plywood (seal the edges).

If you want really good insulation use two layers of plywood with an air gap and glue aluminium foil on the inside sides before putting it all together (two pieces of aluminium foil and an air gap is a silly good insulator).
>>
>>1048243
You could go all crazy, since you love the cat so much, and go to a box store to the single aisle. Find an open bundle (there always is one), then get an associate. They'll last cheap it out for you, if not give it to you. You only need like, four shingles. Put a real roof in it for the little guy!
>>
>>1048266
I laughed pretty hard
>>
>>1048270
Plywood was my first thought but I have no way of cutting it due to my tool limitation. Is there a way you can suggest I cut it with a miter saw?
>>
>>1048282

If you are buying it at a lumber store send your wife in with her best puppy dog eyes, as long as they are not busy they usually don't even charge IME (or maybe I got lucky and they really fancy neckbeards).

Our hardware stores also do a few cuts for free and then charge like 50 cents a cut.
>>
They make chicken/cat heating pads that turn on when an animal lays on it. We used one for a local stray cat. Tractor supply has them, and so does amazon.https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9922222940810925350?sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&biw=1366&bih=643&q=cat+heat+pad&oq=cat+heat+pad&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.131783435,d.eWE&ion=1&espv=2&tch=1&ech=1&psi=p2XKV-SKIIGnmQHx3KvwCQ.1472882090297.9&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX8_RclZLXA_RFGPtzcXV9--RqkeRMXm5aDIy2QiKQFH2GKU5oQ1EzklNY5M4V_Ok-GETnAC1RlwkAFhA1ez6FNMLfq28_D9eMtc53KDPJKs3hV9AuBIZAFPVH70qXUdLpB3B5AKb-035sk50sB8CWA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix-azQwfLOAhWFeSYKHcpIBaoQ8wIIhwMwAA
>>
>>1048249
>tiny staircase

literally useless if it doesn't have a small sign that says "stairway to heaven"
>>
File: OP.jpg (29KB, 175x186px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
29KB, 175x186px
>>1048243
>>
you know in a lot of places this is animal abuse right? Just rehome your cat dude
>>
File: cat.png (498KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
498KB, 600x600px
>>1048441
Cats are outdoor animals to begin with. I have an outdoor cat that hates being inside the house, they go crazy without stimulation from the outside
>>
>>1048441
>letting a cat stay outside
>abuse

seriously, what? Do you think cats are better off being inside all the time?
>>
File: FZWCYZ0FMMD0Z4W.MEDIUM.jpg (42KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FZWCYZ0FMMD0Z4W.MEDIUM.jpg
42KB, 620x465px
>>1048441

This is an interesting idea for an insulated box for a cat.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cat-House/
>>
>>1048260
You had a family. You added to your family. Your old family did not get along with your new family so your solution was to put him outside instead of working something out. When my niece, sister, and brother in law lived with me we had an indoor screen door swapped with the normal door on the nursery. They could still hear the baby and all 3 cats were kept out. There are steps you can take to keep the cat away from the newborn and vice versa, you just took the easy way out. Glad you are at least going to build him a shelter. I'd insulate it and maybe even put a light bulb inside for heat in the winter. Best scenario is to keep the cat upstairs or downstairs and the infant in the other. The cat is only a threat when the baby is young.
>>
>>1048476
shit, just do this OP
>>
can you clear something for me op

you are still going to feed it?
>>
>>1048243
OP, exactly how was he being an asshole about it? Not even gonna bust your chops, treat your cat how you want, but I'm betting he hissed once and your wife screamed, "Get him away from my baby!" It's pretty rare for a cat to actually attack a baby. You may be committing the worst sin that a man can commit: doing needless work.
>>
>>1048512
You're right. A man should only do what his boss tells him.
>>
>>1048476
Don't forget to put ice in it.
>>
>>1048476
This is easily the best option so far.

>>1048505
Yeah we still feed him and give him fresh water daily. When I sit outside he comes and chills. He's been outside for about a month now and he actually seems to enjoy it. I pulled up one day and could see him in the back yard fucking up a mouse.

>>1048512
It was more than hissing. He was doing that weird noise they make where they sound like a screaming toddler basically nonstop for a few days. We've always suspected he was a little retarded so when that happened we didn't want to take a chance. Also, he bit and scratched the shit out of me when I tried to pick him up when he was docile between screaming fits. I've read that some cats can get really jealous and flip out like this. Better safe than sorry.

Clearly putting him to live outside wasn't my favorite option, but with how our house is laid out, it wasn't really possible to keep him and my daughter separated. Like I said in my first post, he's adjusted quite well to being outside and I think he actually likes it. He just hates the rain and shit so that's why I'm building him a home.
>>
The most dangerous kind of cat is one that looks like it's coming to snuggle up with your baby, then will lay across it's face. Had a cat that did that once. And only once. He met a humane end with the aid of some buckshot.

tl;dr: cat lives are not that important.
>>
File: _tqLZ1OS.jpg (109KB, 880x1217px) Image search: [Google]
_tqLZ1OS.jpg
109KB, 880x1217px
>>1048243
Where do you live? Because winter is not the same everywhere
>>
>>1048454
Lmao. No. Please let's not play this game.
It's basically an instant delete on /an/
>>
>>1048574
>killed a cat for wanting attention
>>>/sociopath/
>>
>>1048266
>Looks like your cat found your thread.

That hurts. But just my sides...
>>
Well since we are taking about out door cats, how do you keep them from popping on you gravel driveway?
>>
>>1048585
>Has Pet
>Pet Not Allowed Indoors
>Wants to stop Pet Shitting Outdoors
I guess, if you shout at it long enough?, even cats will take the hint and either move on, or crawl under a bush and die. Either should stop it 'popping on your gravel' entirely.
>>
Domestic cats are not outside animals.
They don't care about going outside because they sleep 23 hours a day, they can do this inside.
Cats don't need exercise, they get enough exercise walking between sleeping spots.
Cats kill things that are outside and then bring them inside such as mice, birds even bats. Sometimes the animals are still alive. You do not want a live bat in your house it's really dangerous they carry like tb or some shit.
Cats love to fight. Cats will mark their scent (like pissing but stronger smell) on things outside if other cats are around then fight them in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep.
Cats pick up ticks which will happily jump onto you and suck your blood and give you disease without you noticing because they have anesthetic spit or something.
So far this is just convenience, you can let a cat outside if you are willing to put up with these things it's no problem however there are more serious reasons:
People who don't like your cat will put down poison. Car engine coolant smells nice to cats. Watching a cat wretching it's guts up because it ate weedkiller is distressing.
Chinese restaurants will kill and serve your cat as food in the buffet as chicken. (pigeon too).
Domestic cats are harming wildcat populations and turning them into endangered species which is bad I guess.

I'm not saying don't let your cat outside because I don't really care, I just used to think keeping a cat indoors was cruel and I wanted to share with you all that no it isn't.
>>
>>1048699
Thank you.
>>
>little box home

make him a proper house you cheap faggot

Atleast attempt something like pic related and fill it with straw or install some sort of thick carpet in the floor and walls with tack strips, maybe thatch the roof too?

Anyways If I had no option but to keep my pet outside I'd build him a fucking luxury home not some small shit hole box, kys
>>
>>1048699
>a live bat in your house it's really dangerous they carry like tb or some shit
that would be rabies not tb
>>
>>1048735
I have some shipping containers that OP can convert to cathouses. If he's worried about the cold, there's no better insulation than burying it underground.
>>
>>1048502

One week after my fiancee decided her allergies made life intolerable w/ my kitty I gave her away. Get the fuck over it and rethink what life's priorities are.
>>
>>1048806
Must have been hard, hopefully you find a new woman soon.
>>
>>1048806

Good call, glad you got rid of her. Hope you and the kitty are doing well.
>>
Buy a big cooler and cut a hole in the side and install a small pet door in it. The insulated cooler will help when it gets really cold outside.
>>
>>1048441
>cat being outdoors in its natural habitat
>animal abuse
you're literally retarded
>>
>>1048476
shit I didn't notice someone posted my idea already
>>1048822
>>
>>1048699
>Expert on cats and their behavior
>Doesn't know the difference between TB and rabies
>Need a source on the whole "domestic cats endangering wild cat" populations thing
>Pigeons are delicious, I'll have you know
>>
Wow. So many faggots in here.

I can't believe some of you think Cats aren't meant to live outside. Do you have any idea how many farms have cats that live outside for the sole purpose of mousing?

They are hardy little fucks.
>>
>>1048852
i never claimed to be an expert on bats. look at this guy for an example of a classy answer >>1048764 maybe don't be a dickhead next time.

may be endangering was the wrong word to use but domestic cats go out and fuck wildcats and now there are basically no pure wildcats left there are only hybrid domestic/wild cats in some countries and now its the hybrid wildcats that are being protected in zoos and shit because they are the only closest thing to actual wildcats. maybe in fucking yankee dooda land there are wildcats out the wazoo but a lot of places have no natural wildcat populations.

>>1048853
>farms
these are not domestic cats these are farm cats bred for mousing. if you want to tell the difference put the cat somewhere with a few mice for a day. if you find the odd mouse under your bed or in a slipper then its a domestic cat. if you come back and all the mice are lined up in a nice neat row and the cat has found a hay bale to sleep on then you know its a farm cat.
a domestic cat will make a mouse problem worse because you have to feed it and the food attracts more mice, you only think the problem is gone because the mice aren't stupid or ballsy enough to run out infront of you with a cat around.
if you set up traps you will catch mice more regularly with a cat because there are more mice because they are attracted by all the nibble you put out for the cat.
if you have mice borrow a farm cat or steal a farm kitten because they will only end up in a jute sack full of rocks at the bottom of a river in a few weeks anyway.
>>
>>1048270
>insulation
>somehow works with a gaping entrance hole

>>1048441
>>1048454
>>1048825
yah, indoor cats are literally brain damaged. you cant put an indoor cat outside. look up skinners experiments with cat development.
if however your cat has been raised outside no problem.

I had to look after a retarded cat. it was a nightmare. got ran over, the owner spent 3 grand repairing its head. extreme weird agression. it would try to fight any animal it saw. if i let it out it would try to pick a fight with the neighbours big dog, came back a few times with massive skin tears. worst part was because of the huge scar across its face from brain surgery, people would call animal welfare constantly to report me for animal abuse, they knew the cat. if i was petting the cat on the front lawn, people would walk off the street to call me a psychopathic monster for mutilating the cat like that. cat lovers are mentally ill desu senpai
>>
File: koth.jpg (4KB, 122x92px) Image search: [Google]
koth.jpg
4KB, 122x92px
>>1048735
>>
>>1048502
Holy shit fuck off you basement dweller.
>>
>>1048585
Pop a cap in its ass.
>>
>>1048764
Tb, rabies, hepatitis C, bipolar... what's the difference.
>>
>>1048243
>mitre saw
>drill
>hammer

Yep, that ought to be sufficient to euthanize the cat.
>>
Finnish baby box
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.