[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi fags /out/ here. how hard is to make a backpack that looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (329KB, 2896x1925px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
329KB, 2896x1925px
hi fags /out/ here. how hard is to make a backpack that looks like pic related? I need an answer asap, bye.
>>
not very, but it'd be cheaper and easier to buy a better one
>>
>>1047605
I imagine buying the cordura, webbing, zippers, little clips and shit in small quantities is going to cost more than the $150 or whatever they sell them for.
>>
>>1047608
>>1047611

yeah but it's such a simple design that I have hard time paying $200 for it.
thanks anyways lads.
>>
>>1047605
pretty easy, you can essentially see the patterns you'd need to cut out plainly in that picture
>>
>>1047614
eBay, faggot. 'tactical backpack'
>>
File: asdf.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1047605
That looks like the GoRuck pack. I'm sure it's pretty well made, as I'm wearing their indestructible cordura hat right now.

But you can get a used Blackhawk 3-day bag for like $40 on ebay. The straps are superior to the goruck stuff and feature the same heavy cordura and no noise YKK zippers. These pop up a lot on gov. surplus resellers since they are a milspec supplier to lot by gov/dod folks.
>>
>>1047605
the best option is to just get some shitty knapsack and reinforce it yourself.
>>
I asked a tailor how much it would cost to make a simple large duffel bag. They quoted me something like $50-70. I'm assuming the majority is labor cost because the material is cheap. Wound up just buying a fancier one off the shelf for $20.

So unless you do the sewing yourself, it won't be cheaper than buying. And you're going to need a beefy sewing machine to sew through multiple layers of tough material.
>>
>>1047751
That is a good point, watch out for 3 day bags. They are fucking massive and the picture makes them deceptively look like a small backpack.

If you want a tacticool small backpack then what you want is an assault or day pack.
>>
Hm
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.