[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need ideas on how to make my own rubber or wooden stamps easily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

I need ideas on how to make my own rubber or wooden stamps easily with little cost. Is there any way I can print my designs on a computer printer and somehow put it on a rubber stamp without actually physically carving it out?
>>
>>1046962
Magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 700x480px
yes.
My mother makes her own.
>>
I'd make a mini CNC. Wouldn't be hard at all with how little of a space you'd be working with
>>
I've heard getting a negative 3D printed and making an impression with Sugru works quite well.
>>
why is this even being debated?

Just get a photopolymer kit as mentioned above, it's the same process as the professionals but on a smaller scale. It's so easy housewives can do it.
>>
>>1046979

This. Wouldnt you get some plastic or rubber and then cnc it out with a computer?
>>
>>1046962
back in the kindergarten we used potato stamps
>>
>>1047042
As an added bonus you get to eat the stamps after you're done with them.
>>
>>1047056
what the fuck why the hell would kids eat painty potatoes
>>
>>1046962
I bet you could make a silicone stamp with some of that smooth-on mold star stuff, then you could just sculpt the stamp image in clay and pour it on.
>>
>>1046962
If you find out be sure to post an update back.. I have an old sign makers set and its got everything but a missing lowercase L but someone had stamped their name into the lid and has the lowercase L for refernce. Been really wanting to make a replacement L.
>>
File: IMG_20160831_221000.jpg (334KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_221000.jpg
334KB, 1024x768px
>>1047190
If anyone even gives a fuck about what im talking about. Heres a picture. Not bad since its at least from 1976. (date in the lid)
>>
>>1046972
>some expensive ass chincy uv light source

You know sun light works too right?
>>
>>1047144

The're kids, why not.

Food coloring and pectin and water make good edible ink.
>>
>>1046962
Yes.

https://youtu.be/_9_YnsIp7GA
>>
File: yow080_l1.jpg (111KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
yow080_l1.jpg
111KB, 1024x1024px
>>1046962
>Blank stamp $2-$4
>carving tools $5-$15
>Draw your design on a piece of paper
>transfer on to blank stamp
>spend 30 minutes to an hour carving it out
>>
>>1047339
But it'll look like in was carved by an unskilled hand.
>>
>>1047339
>>1047343
>http://www.stempel-fabrik.de/holzstempel-60x30.html
- custom job (complete) should be about $15 TOTAL - link is a German site (as shitloads firms making these, is/was law, had to have a 'company stamp') - but was literally first hit, gotta be cheaper, US/EUR, etc.

Thy use a laser-engraved rubberplate mounted on bit of tree, dunno how easy or cheap to reproduce domestically.
>>
>>1047343
Then get skilled.
>>
>>1046962
> wants to make stamps
> doesn't want to do the work himself

did you think this was /di? last I checked, the y was the crucial part of diy
>>
>>1046979
>milling the rubber.
>not milling a mould and melting rubber into it.

Just buy a photopolymer kit, it's basic chemistry.
>>
You can use wine corks, you need a flathead screwdriver and a mini drill to make your stamps
>>
Wood of pine
>>
3d print a design?
>>
>>1046962
You can get stamps so cheap online these days.

>>1047000
>It's so easy housewives can do it.
Misogynist!!!
>>
>>1051169
Get back in your safe space.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.