[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I recently cleared my parents hill and wanted some ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys I recently cleared my parents hill and wanted some ideas how I could spruce it up?
>>
File: image.jpg (924KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
924KB, 1536x2048px
Alternate angle I really really want to make a Japanese garden but have no idea where to even begin?
>>
You can put a natural rock landscape up there with a waterfall into a Koi pond, with some leafy plants or Asian depending on what you can grow in your area. You would need a decent pump to bring the water up to the top of the pond I think but I'm not an expert.

Another option is just pave a row or something with steps to it so you can put plants up there.
>>
at least some species of grass to keep it from erroding
>>
Bump for interest
>>
You need something to keep it from eroding. I vote for moss
>>
>>1046134
you should try spruce.
>>
Terrace it and plant whatever
>>
File: opisafag.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
opisafag.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
>>1046134
With that slope? Pic related. You're welcome.
>>
File: shutterstock_10951271-1280x960.jpg (327KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_10951271-1280x960.jpg
327KB, 1280x960px
>>1046209
You heard the man, fucking do it
>>
>>1046134
Terrace that shit and plant a vegetable garden
>>
>>1046134
install riser seating and make it a movie/live music area
>>
>>1046209
THIS!
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
Thanks guys a lot of ideas I like. What do you mean by eroding? Btw in in Southrrn California if you know any recommendations for plants etc.
>>
>>1046637
>Southrrn California
>plants
Concrete or asphalt. Paint it green.
>>
>>1046134
Japanese maple
>>
File: RockscapeSample1.jpg (657KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RockscapeSample1.jpg
657KB, 800x600px
>>1046659
lel. well he can always plant some cudzu. That shit grows everywhere. Hell, OP could have his own personal jungle by this time next year.

Alternatively, there's always rockscaping for a nice low-maintenance yard. Just gey some plastic ground cloths, a couple truck loads of gravel, a couple truckloads of other sized stones, several large rocks, maybe a boulder or two if you feel like hiring someone to haul them in and place them.
>>
>>1046729
>kudzu
I just looked up makes of where that shit is, I don't think it's in California yet. So yeah, OP should become patient zero and start the kudzu invasion himself. That would be awesome. Imagine getting immortalized on wikipedia as the guy who did that...
>>
>>1046637
try yucca trees or some cool bug deterrent plants, like lavender or a field of marigolds. A giant eagle statue is always a classic. If you can get the ones made in Germany in the mid 1900s, preferably before the 50s. Look up some permaculture and get a garden that will support itself.
>>
>>1046659
don't listen to this newb

plant yourself a california native garden, and fall is coming up so perfect time to plant!

A few drought tolerant native plants to consider:

Cleveland Sage
California Buckwheat
Apricot Mallow
Indian Mallow
Hooker's Evening Primrose - plant near the top of the slope
Foothill Penstemon
California Fuchsia - Plant near the bottom of the slope

Seriously OP, I have each of these plants in my garden and haven't watered them once this summer! And that list barely scratches the surface of drought resistant native plants.

check out the Tree of Life nursery in San Juan Capistrano, my favorite (and probably the only) native nursery around
>>
File: californiagarden.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
californiagarden.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>1046771
Also, a lot of these plants will help fight erosion. Oh, and plant some white sage (also native) at the bottom for your mom.

Pic somewhat related, this is similar to what my garden looks like in the spring and fall
>>
spruce trees
>>
>>1046761
>buy some purple and yellow flowers
>also nazi memorabilia
>>
>>1046134
Put a shipping container on it.
>>
Dude, dude, fucking shooting range.
>>
>>1047095
Oh come on it's not that long
>>
a hill like that can be great for presentation

you can turn it into a mini terraced flower garden

and a home waterfall kit should be pretty easy to set up down the middle of that... alot of potential if you want to put in the work
>>
>>1046209
HAHAHA JESUS CHRIST /DIY/ NEVER CHANGE
>>
>>1046134

>how I could spruce it up?

https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=UTF-8#q=spruce+seeds&tbm=shop
>>
At the minimum you might want to make some simple terracing to keep the ground nailed down.

Anchoring some timbers or small rock walls across the slope, maybe stepping back and forth to either side of a water feature, would create some places to root in some plants that are less tolerant to a slope or too slow-growing to act as ground cover.
>1046771 has some good specifics.
>>
>>1046134
grass or the whole thing will be in the yard with the first proper rain...
>>
File: Opuntia_littoralis_var_vaseyi_4.jpg (1MB, 1800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Opuntia_littoralis_var_vaseyi_4.jpg
1MB, 1800x1296px
>>1046134
Plant some prickly pear cactus, they're natures barbed wire fence and they're delicious.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.