[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/. Can you devise something that will inform the authorities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1472258903249.jpg (1MB, 2891x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1472258903249.jpg
1MB, 2891x2290px
Hey /diy/.

Can you devise something that will inform the authorities in case I go into a coma due to concussion?
Right now the only thing I can think of is EEG but that's too complex.

I don't fancy having my body discovered 6 months after.
>>
>>1045764
Why would you go into coma?
>>
>>1045764
911 on a dead man's switch?

Srsly though, why would you need this, and why not get someone to check on you?
>>
>>
>>1045764
Put an accelerometer inside a helmet and use some kind of microcontroller and sim card to send a text message to a friend when the g force exceeds a certain value so he can check if you are ok.
>>
Human contact.
>>
>>1045770
this. Just look for readymade solutions, or even phone apps.

Bet you can find a hundred or so apps that notify friends/set numbers if you don't cancel the timer.
>>
>>1045764
I simply cannot wait to hear the story behind this one.
>>
>>1045820
>Human contact.
>>1045770
>why not get someone to check on you?
stupidest idea I have ever heard. I think this problem calls for an elaborate Rube Goldberg device that releases some carrier pigeons.
>>
arduino or raspberry pi - it's the only way...
>>
>>1046087
heroin.
>>
>>1045764

I don't know what your situation is but I had a similar need. I am the sole caregiver for my wife who is totally paralyzed. If something happened to me, she would die of dehydration before anyone checked.

I use a camera with a motion detector at her door, connected to a computer. The computer monitors for motion and, if it doesn't detect any entrance or exit through the door within two hours, alerts a list of potential responders in sequence.

To guard against power failures, computer crashes, etc., I also send out an email twice a day to a person who has agreed to monitor them. If they don't receive the email, they alert the authorities. The email is also generated by the computer but I have to physically respond to an alert to send it. The computer also monitors that a timely response is received.

I guess I could just rely on the email, but that could leave her there for up to 12 hours.

Perhaps you could adapt some f these ideas for your situation.
>>
Get yourself a trained mascot.
>>
maybe possibly have a dogie door for easy exiting/accessing the house for the trained animal
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.